Entry 1

It's a mistake

Entry 1

Younghee’s POV

 

I was 10, when I realized I am actually in capable of developing a romantic attraction to an actual human being. I thought only Mr. Sherlock Holmes was the only person who captures my heart haha There’s another one, a person that is forever perfect in my eyes. And his name?

Mingyu, Kim Mingyu

Mr. Holmes was actually a great help. When everyone was outside, playing on whatever game kids make –I was there sitting with the big book of the first volume of the Sherlock Series. When a boy with his canine smiles beaming in front of me, there are so much curiosity in his eyes making it sparkle. His hair was dishevelled, and his tan skin suits him really well.

You know, ‘till now I can still remember the exact words like it just happens yesterday.

“You read that too!” He enthusiastically said, at that time being sassy was my bestfriend. I rolled my eyes and nodded. Duh isn’t that obvious?

Because all of my classmates ignoring me that’s why I get used to it. Thinking I might me be too advance for them –I read Sherlock Holmes the original English context not the Korean translated where the is that advance? Besides, the school taught this language and what’s the better way to improve it? Read.

I even remember my teacher advising my parents to let me read books that are meant for my age so that I could made friends with others. –Psh, they want me to read some cliché love story, superheroes or some girl groups? Nah, better stick with Mr. Holmes.

So you see, I find Mingyu annoying at that time, he interrupt me on my ‘date’ with my man. But I really appreciate the effort; he was the only person in the class who talks to me. That is something I really treasured a lot ‘till now.

“My brother reads that too!” I decided it was much waste to give him my attention, I went back reading. But at that time, I realize I wasn’t reading anymore. I was listening to him speak more, I anticipate on what he wants to share to me.

“But when I tried reading it, I don’t get it”

The look of his face was priceless; his face was so dejected like he gave up on life. For the first time I laugh so loud and additionally I talk –no I blabber. I told him everything I know about Mr. Holmes. That Dr. Watson was his right hand, and he was the one narrating the adventures of the detective. His face light up when I explained to him, his face saying ‘Now it makes sense’ and I never laugh that hard that day.

He was my only friend, the only person who willingly listens to me.

He effortlessly captures me, and there is no doubt he was my first love.

Kim Mingyu

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I recommend you to also read What's Wrong (A Meanie fic) first. This fic is related to that.. It shows Younghee’s perspective on the story. If you are asking why I made a separate fic for her, well, that is something you need to find out. *wink*

I will update the two fics at the same time tho~ Just like What's Wrong the story start from them in the age of 12 to 18. I know I havent really introduce Younghee here yet, but the next chapter you’ll get to know her more. Thanks for dropping by! I hope you enjoyed.