Entry 2

It's a mistake

Entry 2

Puberty for me was like being punch multiple times on my lower area. Pimples growing –that now they are happily gone, mood swings and the curse of monthly periods.

While my puberty was a torture to me it was the opposite for Mingyu. Something like the God sent angels down to earth to bless him with infinite handsomeness and height. We were at the same height back then and now I am only up to his shoulders. The thing is, I wasn’t the only one witnessing the changes, everyone in the school have. Everyone loves him, everyone adores anything he does, and Mingyu’s name was always the first word I would hear every morning.

My crush on him, I forcefully hide it. I lock it up inside my deepest secrets and throw the key to the middle of nowhere. I clearly have no chance on him, with the amount of attention everyone has giving him.

I expect he’ll forget me.

But he doesn’t.

He’ll smile to me everyday showing that toothy smile like he used to give me before his puberty hits.

“Good Morning Younghee-ah”

Our friendship was not like before, where we are inseparable, but nevertheless I am still thankful because he didn’t forget me. He didn’t abandon me. I am more than contented.

I wasn’t friendless without Mingyu, just so you know. I manage to befriend Minjeong –she’s the top of our class while I’m of the top ten. The Nerd Duo, as I’ve heard they called us.

 The Sherlock Holmes era was done; I have practically narrated everything in the book to him. At this moment, I am focus on our studies even more. Because I know Mingyu will come to me, to ask me –what is this and how to do that. Don’t get me wrong, Mingyu is just an average-brain guy he surely is on top if he put efforts on it. He just can’t help himself, dazing off while the teacher is talking.

What I am scared is, what if I’ll fail to answer his question and he’ll go to someone else? What if, he’ll really forget me? Studies had become our only connection right now. The way I could talk to him, to spark off a conversation, to get closer to him.

Just like before

Just like before