Entry 3

It's a mistake

Entry 3

 

Being an only child was hard, when my parents decided to file a divorce. Love was not on the atmosphere like before, and me as a reason to keep their marriage going is not enough.

I was 14, but I need to choose between the two. It was dreading, why do I need to choose someone when I could have both? Wait news flash. I can’t.

Unlike to the usual teenagers, I was not close with both my parents. I grew up witnessing them fighting endlessly, and it was good decision that they finally decided to separate.

I chose my mom, simply because she’s a she. I believe she would understand my needs better than my father does. There are so many questions bombarding my mind, that I know my mom would able to give me answer.

My decision means we need to find a new home. And to my surprise, my mom was able to find immediately a house next to Mingyu’s house. It was a mix of delight and sorrow. I will be leaving the room that have witness me grow for 14 years and the same time happy because I got to leave near to Mingyu’s.

Another milestone for me, steps on getting closer to him.  

The possibilities was infinite, we could go to school and back together, I could hangout in his room, he could visit our house and I could visit theirs, sshhh. I dance on the thought. There would be a possibility... you know we could be together.. Hey! Hey! I’m not expecting or anything! maybe hoping.... a little bit. I am so out of Mingyu’s league –he is the heaven and I am the muddy ground. The thing I’m holding is our friendship to grow. That’s the only thing I keep on holding.

As expected, our house is identical to Mingyu’s, well, every house in the village is. A two-storey house with 4 rooms total, a backyard, and a garage all has the color theme of white and brown. But the difference is, Mingyu’s house was much brighter than ours. Much brighter than any other houses. Because it’s a home. The difference between house and home became clear to me.

House is a structure where people lives while Home means where people’s heart lives.

Looking at their house gives you a burst of colors, the vibe gives you a sense of peace even if it doesn’t look any different from the others. Mind you, this opinion of mine didn’t have anything to do with my love crush on Mingyu. It just that Mingyu’s family was the ideal one. All of them are good looking, the relationship they have was strong –unbreakable. How I wish I was born with such life. How I wish I am showered with love. How I wish I have a harmonious life.

But I could be part of their family.

I wish