CH10

Sons of Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This interview is canceled,” Ecbert states.

“Excuse me?” JB responds.

JB gets up and confronts Ecbert. There might as well be steam coming out of JB. I'm just as mad. I am standing at JB's back without him having to ask. I know JB is trying to protect me but Ecbert just storms in here and you would think that he ran this place.

Ecbert is not alone. To his right is Jackson, Mark and Roman.

Roman looks at me. This cold stare that shakes me to my core, “Hello again Jr.”

He is so sly. He is so cocky. He has the most punchable face in the world as he stands there with his chest held up high looking like he's untouchable. I hate him. I hate all of them. I'm so angry right now. Luckily I'm not the only one angry.

JB looks over at Ecbert, “You had Roman released?”

Ecbert looks dead at JB, “I did.”

“Under whose authority?”

“Mine,” Ecbert responds.

JB looks at his guards, “Guards. Please re-arrest Roman as well as the past king of Eden for treason.”

JB's guards don't hesitate. They are led by DJ. I count 10 of them coming forward but all of a sudden from the wings of the studio I notice more men. They are dressed in all white. They have weapons and they surround Ecbert. It's almost as though Ecbert was expecting JB to attempt to arrest him. These men are ready to fight him.

And the sight of this is amazing. JB's people are here against Ecbert's people. The current king was here against the past king.

“What's happening here?” JB asks.

“There are people in the King's Guard who are sick and tired of you sticking up for your lover,” Ecbert explains, “I have more men than you'd assume with me. So either you put Jr back in the ground or I'm taking away your crown.”

JB and I look at each other. I'm not sure it's come to this. I didn't know how many people had JB. This had to be illegal. This had to be crazy and unheard of but people hated me so mad that they were willing to turn against the king of vampires. I'm looking over at JB and I feel guilty. I've put him in this position. I've put him in the position where I have to choose.

“Really?”

“Really.”

The tension is thick. The measuring contest right now is epic. You would think they'd already started a brawl.

“Sir...we're outnumbered,” I hear DJ whispering to JB.

DJ is right. We are outnumbered. I'm sure JB had more King's Guard somewhere but they damn sure weren't here. Right now looking around we are outnumbered by these men in white. JB is steaming. I can see him breathing hard. He wants to act. He can't believe this is happening to him and I can't believe it either.

All because of me.

This was all because of me.

For JB's sake I look at Ecbert and shake my head, “I'm no threat to you. I've been around for a while now and I haven't done anything against Eden.”

Ecbert looks at me for a minute.

He crosses his arms, “I wish I could believe that Jr.”

“If you really wanted to you could,” I explain, “I haven't done anything bad to this city.”

I don't want to look like I'm pleading. I feel weak. I feel emotional. I just know right now the cameras are rolling and JB's men are about to fight. If JB's people fought Ecbert's people there was a good chance that JB's people were going to lose. I had to find a way to end this peacefully. I had to find a way to stop this.

“You don't owe these people any explanation,” JB tells me.

He grabs my hand.

“Listen I'm not against your relationship or you being happy,” Ecbert explains, “I've always like Jr. This isn't personal. Honestly I think Jr has good qualities about him.”

“Then why are you here? Why are you awake?”

“I was woken up with allegations.”

“What allegations?” I ask.

“You are plotting to destroy Eden,” Ecbert explains, “And if my heir is too blind to see that and do something about it I have to.”

JB is heated. His eyes go from Ecbert, to Roman, to Jackson and to Mark. These men had banded together to get rid of me. They had one thing in common and that is the fact that they wanted me buried. I couldn't believe the stupidity in all of this.

“Who told you that?”

“Nelly,” Jackson jumps into the conversation.

I look at my father. All I could think of was how impossible this all was. Nelly was loyal to my mother. She was loyal to my mother and not to Jackson.

“That's his wife...” I respond.

“So you deny telling Nelly that you planned on destroying Eden?” Ecbert asks me.

I look at the past king. I want to lie. It would be so easy to lie to him but then I look at JB. It's much harder to lie to JB. JB is looking at me and I feel kind of stuck on my words.

“Tell them. Tell them you didn't plan on it,” JB tells me.

Silence.

I say nothing.

“Guards arrest him.”

JB pulls me back behind him. DJ and JB's personal guards surround us but we are completely surrounded. All of a sudden I get a flash back. This reminds me of the past. This reminds me of something that happened when I was about to be thrown in the ground. I'm scared to death.

It can't happen to me again.

“Not so fast,” a voice responds.

Just like that I hear the studio open. It's Countess Ira. She's being led into the room by none other than Candy. I hadn't even noticed Candy leaving to get in contact with Ira. Candy must have told Ira what was going on and in vampire speed here was Ira with a host of guards to challenge Ecbert.

She has men with her. They are dressed in King's Guards. I am actually happy to see the little for once. The men join JB's men that are already here.

“Ira stand down,” Ecbert tells her.

“I'm sorry I can't,” Ira explains.

“You are standing for this foolishness?” Ecbert asks, “Jr is plotting to destroy Eden and you are standing for this.”

“I haven't heard a confession. Jr are you confessing?” Ira asks me.

I shake my head.

“There you have it. He didn't do it,” JB responds.

“I have a witness who says he has,” Ecbert explains.

“Until we here the confession of your witness King JB is the King of Eden,” Ira explains, “Whether we believe Jr or not we have to follow what JB says. And I'm here to use the law.”

Ecbert shakes his head.

“I am going to divorce Mark. That is what's going to happen. So if you are so afraid of me being with Jr then I hope you're willing to die for this.”

JB isn't pulling any shots. He's looking at Ecbert. Ecbert is looking at him.

“He is the reason your son is dead,” Ecbert explains, “Nelly told me that straight to my face.”

“She's lying!” I respond.

I don't know why Nelly would lie. I don't know what she's trying to get out of this but there is something shady going on below the surface. It's something that I don't understand but then again these vampires were always shady as hell.

“Didn't I tell you that you don't have to defend yourself?” JB asks me.

“I'm not standing down,” Ecbert explains, “A lot of men are going to die here today. Are you ready for this JB? Are you willing to lose lives for Jr?”

I watch in the distance. Roman and even Mark are ready to fight. They are ready to come at us. With Ira's men this has made this equal. I'd say 50 men against another fifty. The room is crowded. It would be an all-out blood bath if we let this happen.

“I'm willing to die and more,” JB tells him.

“I would have your men pay very close attention to this,” Ira warns Ecbert, “The cameras are rolling. Yeatman has the entire city watching you start an uprising. Regardless of whether you agree with JB or not he is king. People won't stand for you killing their King. No matter how much they hate his boyfriend. Are you sure you want to do this Ecbert?”

Silence.

For some reason it seems like Ira is someone that both Ecbert and JB respect. She is supposedly the oldest vampire in Eden still living even though she is stuck in the body of a little girl. The way Ecbert and JB look at her makes it clear that they both respect her. They don't even raise their voices at her. The respect is something that I see on multiple levels. Yet even as she stands up for JB I know that at her foundation she agrees with Ecbert. She didn't trust me and she didn't think I should be living. It just so happened that she believed that JB should be the one to make the decision in the end.

Ira's roll as enforcer seems to make Ecbert stand down.

“I don't want bloodshed,” Ecbert explains, “We are vampires not animals.”

“So how do we settle this?” JB asks, “I'm not putting Jr in the ground.”

“Tonight...we'll have a trial to hear what Nelly has to say,” Ecbert responds, “And we'll also hear what Jr has to say about this. We'll invite Yeatman and her camera crew into the courtroom. And we have a jury decide.”

“I am judge and I am jury. What I say goes...” JB responds.

“No,” I say.

JB looks over at me, “What?”

“I'll do it. I'll testify. If that's the only way people will get to hear my side of the story I'll testify. I didn't come here for an interview in the first place. This is a trial all along. I'll tell them everything that I know.”

JB is holding his breath. I know he doesn't agree with me. A part of me knows that JB wants to go to war with Ecbert and the others. A part of me knows he wants to take off Ecbert's ing head right now but there is something holding him back. That something is me. His respect for me is keeping him from doing something rash.

And at the end of the day I needed people to hear my side of the story.

***

“You should get some rest...we have a big day tomorrow with the trial,” I state, “And then we have to hit the streets again and look for Justice.”

I roll on top of JB. I can feel his muscles digging into me. The strength of his muscles are more than I can handle. JB grabs me by my , squeezes it tight and rolls me over on it. He begins to me from the bottom of my stomach to my .

JB's tongue tickles me. The sensation fills my whole body.

“I'll rest when I'm dead. No pun intended. I want round 2.”

“JB we had round 2 about 8 rounds ago,” I respond, “Are you ever not ?”

JB smiles. He has the iest smile in the world. Even through all this craziness spending the rest of the day with him just makes me happy. I don't know why I'm so happy. I don't know why I can't stop smiling. I just feel like JB is going to be here with me and he's never going to let me go. It's different from 100 years ago.

“Not when you are around y,” He explains, “I just love touching you, kissing you, biting you.”

His fangs come out at that moment. He leans onto my neck and takes a deep bite out of my neck. I feel his fangs enter me. At first it's intense pain but then it feels like the best in the world. Feeling JB's soft lips bite into me as he drinks my blood is something that I can't get enough of. My is so hard that it presses up against his strong inner thigh.

“! What are you doing to me?!” I moan.

He and . I'm holding onto the smalls of his back. JB has a small waist and a muscular . As I touch him as he bites deeper sending waves of passion throughout my body. I feel like I'm ready to explode.

The bite surges through my body and he as he's . Slow. Soft. Circular motions.

His is hard and pressed against my inner thigh.

His finger takes a wad of my precum and uses it as lube. He sticks the finger up my slowly me as he bites deeper and deeper. More blood. I'm getting slow ed by his finger.

“Deeper...yes...deeper...”

I'm not sure if I'm talking about his bite or his finger. It doesn't matter. He goes deeper with both. It sends thrills of feeling down my entire body and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter