CH5

Sons of Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spend the night walking the dark streets of Eden. The Eternal city of vampire seemed so peaceful. You would never think that there was a shortage of blood and that the people were suffering. Right now it was the perfect beautiful city that I knew so long ago.

It reminded me of when I was young.

100 years ago I'd lost the love of my life.

100 years ago I'd lost myself.

I walk the streets until I take myself back to my apartment. It's late as hell. The red sky is still red but I've walked until I'm sleepy. As I get to my apartment I see Justice sitting outside the room. He has his back pressed up against the wall.

“You stood me up,” Justice tells me.

I shake my head at that moment, “Have you been waiting here this whole time?”

“Of course. We had a date. Remember?”

I sigh at that moment. I'd spent the night with his father. I'd spent the night walking around the city thinking about his father after the fact. JB had a way of getting a hold of me. He had a way of never letting go.

“Listen it's not a good time,” I say at that moment trying to get past him and into the room.

Justice blocks the door, grabs my chin and holds my face aggressively towards the light, “Have you been crying?”

“It's been a long night.”

“Where have you been?” he asks.

Justice is looking at the tuxedo I'm wearing. It's clear I've been out. He has this concerned look on his face at this moment. God---he reminded me of his father. There was no reason that someone should be this beautiful.

Maybe that's why I break down.

Maybe that's why I start crying in his arms like a ing child.

I don't think I've ever cried that much in my life. I cry so much that I find myself in my bedroom. I guess Justice took my key and opened my door. He's put me on my bed and he's surrounded me with his warm embrace allowing me to cry like a child. There is a sadness in me.

And before I know I'm telling Justice everything that happened that night. As everything spills out he listens to me the whole time. I probably don't even make sense between sobs and weakness.

“You probably think I'm weak as ,” I tell him.

“I'm young but I know love doesn't make you weak,” Justice tells me, “It matters to you. It matters how your story ends.”

“You're probably the last person that wants to hear about this,” I tell him.

I can't believe I'm being so rude crying on a boy talking about another boy. Not only another boy at that. I'm talking to Justice about his father JB.

“Well I'm listening.”

“He won't leave Mark—-not for me. People are scared of me because of who my mother is.”

“I'm not scared of you,” Justice responds.

Justice eyes are just as piercing as his father. In my weakness my heart starts to throb. I'm so scared of the fact that I may never be with JB again. What if Justice is the next best thing? What if Justice is standing here looking at me and he is the answer to all my issues. He's right here in front of my face.

I lean forward. I kiss Justice on his lips. He's lips are so ing soft. They are so kissable. I don't what makes me reach down and grab his as I shove my tongue down his throat. I massage Justice's under his pants, feeling him get harder and harder.

I pull at the fly of his pants, getting my hand through the zipper and feeling the warm skin underneath my palm. I feel his moisten with precum at that moment.

Justice pulls back.

“No...”

“I thought you wanted this?” I ask Justice.

“I do,” he responds, “I really do but not like this. You are sitting here in your feelings and you're about to do something you're going to regret. I don't want you to regret me.”

There is something really powerful about him when he says that. For the first time I don't look at Justice like a child who just wanted to me to get back at a father who was too hard on him. He actually seems like a grown man right now. He seems like someone who actually knows what he wants and what he is willing to do or not do to get it.

“I told him about you and Mark,” I admit.

Justice sighs. He bites his lip for a minute.

“It's ok. I think me and my father have to have that conversation at some point anyway,” Justice explains and crosses his arms, “I'm more worried about you right now. Are you ok Jr?”

“What do you mean?”

“All of this has to have an emotional toll on you,” Justice explains, “I may not know you as much as everyone else here does but I'm concerned. I don't want you to lose yourself to this.”

I was already lost. I was already defeated. I was sitting in the dark and I was changed forever.

It was far too late.

“I'm ok,” I tell Justice.

I smile. What I really want to tell him was that I was screaming for help inside. But I wanted to let him know that it was too late for me. He couldn't save me.

***

JB clears the desks in his chambers of everything on it. The clash of books, lamps and even a computer causes his guards to run into the room.

“GET OUT!” he screams at them.

His anger is getting the best of him. He punches a hole in a wall at that moment. This wasn't cheap walls either. The castle was made with solid walls. He's fists are bleeding out but he couldn't care less.

The meeting with Jr wasn't what he was expecting. He was happy to see him at first. Every time he saw Jr all those feelings came back. He'd expected to hold him by his hand and talk gently to him. He expected to do what lovers did. He was still in love. That wouldn't change. Jr was taken away from him once and he thought he'd never see Jr again. The days had gone so long. 100 years might as well have been a million. JB had thought so many times of ending this immortality. A lifetime without Jr was no lifetime at all. That's what he thought. He'd never see his love again...until he did. Jr was right here and there were all these things he'd wished he told him before. And instead of saying all of those things word vomit just came out.

The dinner with Jr had gone all the way left. He figured he would get Jr back in line but Jr wasn't having it. Jr was pushing back and truth is he couldn't blame Jr. Jr was bitter and the bitterness showed.

JB wasn't angry with Jr. That wasn't why he was mad. He expected resistance from Jr but he didn't expect Jr to reveal the truth about Mark.

His husband Mark was sleeping with Justice.

Regardless of the fact that Mark wasn't Jr didn't matter. Sure he didn't think Mark was his soulmate or anything like that but he had love for Mark. Mark had become such a close friend to him in all these years. Mark and Roman were his backbone. One was in jail and he'd just found out the other one was sleeping with his son. JB paced the room angrily.

How had he missed all of this?

“Sir...” the guard D.J is at the door.

“I don't want to be bothered,” JB tells him, “What part of that don't you people understand?”

“I understand sir. I'll tell your son that he needs to come back.”

“My son?”

“Justice is standing outside. He'd like to speak to you.”

JB could feel his heart getting heavy. Maybe this wasn't the best time to talk to Justice now that he was upset.

“Let him in.”

By the time D.J leaves to bring Justice back in the room JB is wrapping up his bleeding fists. Justice walks in glances at the fist and then glances back at JB. People said they looked alike but JB didn't see it. Every time he saw Justice he saw the human woman who he'd left Eden to have Justice with. Back then it was normal for vampires to leave Eden to have children with human women. He looked just like her. She was a beautiful suburban white woman named Taylor. 17 years ago they'd made love. She'd gone into madness when JB impregnated her and left. She was even more upset when her son Justice was taken away from her at the age of 17.

Justice stares at him he can see her eyes. The same defiant eyes full of pain.

“I never loved your mother,” JB breaks out almost immediately staring at his son, “I seduced her. I told her I loved her. Everyone does, but I never really did. I couldn't have been in love with Taylor. You know that?”

Justice crosses his arms. Defiant. Just like Taylor.

“Is there a reason you're talking about my human mother?” Justice asks, “I'm not a child anymore. I could care less if you loved her or not.”

“There's a point I'm trying to make. I couldn't love Taylor because I was in love with Jr. But you know that. Don't you.”

Justice was getting his point.

“Did you? If you loved Jr so much then why marry Mark.”

JB gets up. For a moment he swears he is going to run over and knock the out of his son. It takes everything to hold him back.

“It’s not the same.”

“Clearly you don't love Mark. And I know that. He knows that. That's why I ed him,” Justice responds.

JB looks at Justice and it's clear how Justice feels. There is a hatred in his eyes that he can't understand.

“Why do you hate me so much? I've given you everything,” JB explains.

“Do you know how hard it is to have a father who never grows old?” Justice responds and smiles, “You constantly are looking down on me like I'm less than you.”

“You are LESS than me. I'm your father, regardless if I look old or not,” JB responds.

“We'll see about that. I don't hate you father. But I am my own man. I just have the same tastes as you do.”

Justice laughs. It's a broken laugh.

“You think this is a joke?”

Justice shakes his head, “No. I wasn't laughing when you decided to ask Jr out JUST so that I couldn't go out with him. That is the real spiteful thing and you actually ask me if I hate you?”

JB walks up to Justice. He's slow. He stare Justice in his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter