♛ 3rd Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

"Are there any news from them?"

 

The room was occupied by five people, each of them seated on separate chairs. The man that had spoke first was sitting right in the middle of the other four, with an office table dividing the man and the other four. The walls of the room were black and grey, together with every other furniture found present in the room. Everything in the room screamed cold, and that was how the personality of the room's owner was. The other four men stared at their leader that had spoke, all eyeing one another before one of them, dressed in a full black suit, finally spoke, "Not yet, Jae."

 

Another man seated right next to him nodded in agreement with his friend, though he was dressed in a totally opposite style compared to the other, "Yeah, they need time, Jae. They'd barely been there for a day." The remaining two nodded in agreement, observing their leader's every expression as the said leader blinked slowly. The leader was dressed as formally as one could be, the male's gaze similar to that of a predator. He nodded slowly, his fist that was placed on top of the table started to pound slowly.

 

"Yunho, tell them to keep me informed." The leader spoke once more after a long silence, as the said male took note, nodding. The five went on seating in silence in the cold room. They were their clan's best warriors, they were best friends too, with all five of them having grown up together ever since any of them had memories. They knew each other well enough to be comfortable despite the growing silence that was itching off the furniture in the room. And they sat just like that until one of their men came in to inform the group about the information they had just received.

 

~~

 

The group of thirteen sat around a long table in the school cafeteria. The cafeteria was crowded as usual, with all three levels having a break at the same time. But the thing about the institute that many students loved, was the fact that the lunch break was two hours long, giving the students enough time to rest and play around, even with the crazy amount of people queuing for food in the same cafeteria. Everyone usually crowded around the cafeteria, each getting their own food. Only that day, majority of the crowd was standing around the table where the group of thirteen was sitting, the girls screaming and spazzing over the twelve incredibly good looking boys and the boys in awe at the angel like girl.

 

News of the group of thirteen with unbelievable visuals had spread like fire throughout the entire institute within the few hours of lessons they had, especially amongst the second year and third year students. No one dislikes good looking people after all, right? Not only so, amongst the various students with notable backgrounds, most of them had started to find their mates within the school. Finding an actual mate that was good looking and within their own league was something that could be bragged to their friends and everyone else. It does not even matter if the mate they had found came from a weaker background, the fact that they were in BN was enough to discard all those away, to which this also served as another reason why BN was one of the most sought after school in the nation. The arrival of the visual thirteen ended up causing many of the students to go berserk, especially the female ones since the group was made up of twelve males after all.

 

The thirteen laughed and chatted happily, like every other high school student around them, as they each digged into their own tray of food they had gotten from the cafeteria stalls earlier on. Luckily for them, the group had arrived in the cafeteria before the crowd usually came in and they were able to each get enough food for themselves. It was obvious the group had their individual tastes with the variety of food found on the table, with the only commonality found was the blood bags that sat on the thirteen trays. The crowd stared, both humans and vampires alike, as the group burst out laughing at some joke one of them had said, only to be stopped by a sudden appearance of a male student at the group's table.

 

"Yes? Is there anything that you need from us?" An apparent half-caucasian boy asked, confused yet protective at the same time towards the silent stranger who was staring like a stalker at Jeonghan. The rest of the group seemed to had caught on the same intense staring from the stranger had on Jeonghan, their smiles leaving their faces as those who were nearer to the stranger stood up to form a defensive wall against the latter. The stranger finally shifted his gaze to the other members of the group, clicking his tongue distastefully, as if he was disregarding the others. One or two of the group narrowed their eyes at the wordless provocation from the stranger, preparing silently to attack the latter if he were to do anything to any of the group members. The stranger's eyes returned to Jeonghan, "Can I speak to Jeonghan?"

 

"Why?" The same half-caucasian boy who spoke earlier replied almost immediately. His tone this time was seemingly calm, but those who were sensitive enough to notice the slight hissing in the boy's word could tell that any wrong reply could break the facade the boy was having. The stranger smirked smugly, as if the former had just asked the most stupid question that had ever existed in the world, "To ask my darling Jeonghan to be my mate of course. Why does it even bother you?"

 

"You!" The reply was a mistake by itself, as the half-caucasian boy almost jumped up to launch himself at the stranger. Shaky hands stopped the boy straight away, it was one of the agreement the group had amongst themselves to not create any trouble on the first day of school. The boy glanced at s who were all angry as well, going on to compose and calm himself as his leader reminded him of the agreement they had telepathically. The other twelve of the group listened attentively to their leader's words which had been sent to them telepathically, reminding them not to start any trouble to which of course if trouble found them would be a totally different case by itself. The sudden silence that had found the group of thirteen caused the over-narcissistic stranger's smirk to widen, thinking that the group was scared of him as the latter continued to step across the border that the group had. It took everything to stop themselves from acting up when the stranger pulled the group members apart roughly to break the wall they had formed earlier between himself and Jeonghan. The stranger took it further when he suddenly took up the girl's hand, kneeling himself before the girl like how a proposal would go, "My Jeonghan-yah-"

 

"What do you think you're doing?" A hand from behind Jeonghan clasped the stranger's hand, removing it from the poor girl who was startled by the bold move from the stranger. It was only then that the stranger, as well as everyone that had their eyes fixed on the group, realised that Jeonghan had been sitting in the embrace of another male the entire time. The male had always been part of the group, but the reason for no one noticing him was due to the fact that he had never spoke until now. Of course, the others did not know, but the group had gotten used to the male talking to them telepathically and the latter never spoke unless there was a need to. The group members sent glares and daggers at the stranger as the latter wanting to provoke the male that had grasped his hand with more words, only to be stopped by an intimidating glare from the male. The male strengthened his grip on the stranger, preventing any chances of him touching Jeonghan as he opened his mouth once more, "Sit down boys."

 

The eleven boys that had left their seats thanks to the stranger, placed their butts right on their seats within a second. It could not be helped that they all respected their leader, yet were afraid of the latter at the same time. Jeonghan on the other hand, who had been trying to get over the minor shock she had gotten seconds ago, finally relaxed herself against the leader, turning back to her food since she knew that her leader would settle everything like he always did. The girl's nonchalant attitude towards him fuelled the stranger's anger, and somehow the stranger suddenly got enough courage to break free from the leader's grasp, grabbing Jeonghan's hand once more with his other free hand. Jeonghan was turned towards the stranger with brute force, her expression finally changing from the angel-like smile he usually wore to a stern frown, "What do you want from me?"

 

"Be mine." The stranger was confident no less, even after all that had happened just moments ago. The crowd behind the stranger cheered for the male whilst the other eleven from the group frowned in disapproval, though they were laughing silently in their heads at the stupidity of the stranger. There was a reason why they were all afraid of their leader after all, especially when their leader was angry. Jeonghan turned to their leader, the two pairs of eyes meeting, the girl's eyes sparkling as the two communicated with each other without any words. But before anyone took a proper look at the two making eye contact, Jeonghan had turned back to the stranger, a smile returning to his face, "Well, I don't even know who you are."

 

"Then let me introduce myself, my lady," Jeonghan's words sparked some hope to the stranger, his enormous ego returning to him. The stranger introduced himself, bowing in a way he felt was the most charming, "Greetings to my lady, my name is Huang Zitao, but do call me Tao. I'm currently in my second year of high school. I am one of the nobles in the Hwang clan. Besides, I'm sure my company is a million times better than these idiots here." The stranger definitely did not waste any chance he had to insult the group that he had never regarded as a proper being from the start. He had always thought he was more superior than everyone else, it was a common thought that people from the Hwang clan had, that they were all superior to the others, even the other clans' royals. The other eleven shook their head almost visibly, the time that their leader had asked them to seat down had allowed them to calm themselves down. They had told themselves that such a person was not worth it, and they knew that the fact was that it was not, but their leader was a different case. Their leader had always done things differently, always not meeting their expectations, and this time, they were anticipating how their leader would react and solve this problem, especially since this issue was concerning Jeonghan.

 

"Who are you insulting with your words?" Jeonghan frowned unhappily, she could tolerate anyone and anything, everything except for those who insults her group. The stranger, or Tao had expected Jeonghan to agree with whatever he had said right away, that Jeonghan was 'smart' enough to join him and his company instead of staying with her current group. He could not see how the group was worthy for such an angel like Jeonghan to stay with them instead of going with him, and the girl's sudden change in attitude was baffling him. The crowd's breaths hitched at the girl's change of attitude, the girl still looked beautiful despite the frown on her face, but everyone could sense the anger coming from the girl. Tao opened his mouth, but no words could come out at the shocking and unexpected response from the girl.

 

Her members started to crowd around Jeonghan in an attempt to calm her down, knowing that the girl was fuming with anger. But nothing they did could help the girl, they expected it anyways, only their leader's actions had effect on the group's only female. And they were right, the girl only started to regain her composure when the leader gave fluttering, light kisses on the girl's shoulders from behind her. Tao's eyes, including the crowd around them, widened at the two's contact, they were too close for his comfort. Jeonghan started to relax, leaning on the boy behind her as the group's leader continued his thing with the kisses. Tao glared at the leader, to which the latter smirked as he finally looked up from Jeonghan's shoulders, the latter whimpering softly at the sudden lack of affection from the male, as the following words leaving his mouth successfully throwing a bomb on the crowd, "Are you taught to steal other people's mates? Cause that what you're trying to do now."

 

The other eleven males started snickering at the sudden yet indirect confession their leader had made to Jeonghan, a blush starting to find its way to Jeonghan's face as she shyly hit their leader on his shoulders, "Cheol-ah..."

 

Their leader only stared at his mate, smiling adoringly - a complete opposite from the usual intimidating glare he wore. The girls swooned over the leader, he was charismatic in his own way, as every part of him screamed 'swag'. He begun ignoring everyone else around them, including Tao after he had threw the bomb sentence. He then went on to sit on his seat once more, dragging his mate down to properly finish their meal, pushing a blood bag into his mate's mouth. The rest of the group followed after the two, finishing their meals too now that the whole ridiculous situation was over. The leader smiled at s, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he side-eyed a shadow which was standing in the most hidden corner of the cafeteria.

 

Sooyeon stared at the huge group, smiling minimally at the couple. It was how the whole thing about mates worked amongst the blood-feeding race - it could be with anyone, even a human. They were always dependent on each other as well, any touching from one party would affect the other. But that was just one thing about having a mate, there were others too, like how one can only have one in their entire lifetime, and a vampire could always survive even without any food or water as long as they have their mate's blood. The inseparable link continued even after when one half had passed on, which resulted in many of the pairs of mates staying together for most of their lives. Sooyeon should have suspected someone like Jeonghan to already have a mate and that her mate had transferred to the institute together. The conversations that Jeonghan tried to start with her back in the classroom flashed passed her mind, and Sooyeon sighed, muttering something about the girl and her attracting too much attraction as she walked away with a blood bag in her hand. 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Enjoy this chapter!! ^-^