♛ 17th Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

"I heard your name's Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong." Tiffany tranced over to the boy, her hips protruding up and down as she walked. Her clique, consisting of Zitao, a few third-year students namely, Kim Taeyeon, Lee Soonkyu though she prefered to be called Sunny, Kim Joonmyun, Kim Minseok as well as a few others that Yunho had yet to memorise their names, followed behind their leader, standing there awkwardly as their leader flirted with the new boy. It was lunch time, the reason why the five boys even appeared in the cafeteria in the first place. They had agreed, together with Seungcheol and Jeonghan that it would be better for them to have lunch alone for now, instead of joining the group of fourteen in the rooftop as it might make the only girl in the group dislike them even more. And despite how unwilling the four, apart from Jaejoong, were in being unable to spend more time with Sooyeon, they accepted the orders from their leader still, the reason behind it made sense anyway. However, never had they thought that eating in the cafeteria meant being disturbed and annoyed by Tiffany as well as her clique.

 

Changmin pouted, his eyes catching glimpses of Jisoo, Hansol, Wonwoo and Mingyu amongst the long line queuing for food, the thought of wanting to spend lunch with his friends surfacing in his mind once more. The crowd around the group screamed at the cute side of the boy, only to be glared at Tiffany, who did not anyone to disturb her in whatever she was doing. That was how the young lady was raised, with it stuck with her ever since she was born. Even though she had agreed to keep it down the day before, it does not mean that she had given up on making Jaejoong her's. She could not help it, the boy had met every criteria she had for her mate. He was too perfect in her eyes, too perfect to the point that only she, Tiffany Hwang, can match the male.

 

The young lady's eyes checked out the male that was sitting in front of her, pokered faced as usual, his eyes only on his tray of food placed before him, his legs crossed. She smirked, that was another check on her list of desired traits that belonged to her mate - to not be interested in other females or males alike. Though, the boy's ignorance to her was not desirable. That was something that could be trained afterwards, however, like how every one of the servants in her manor was. Everyone was to conform to the Hwangs, no one was an exception.

 

Tiffany took a seat next to Changmin, diagonally opposite of Jaejoong. There were not any other choices, his four best friends had taken the seats around the leader and the seat that Tiffany had just taken was the only one left around the male. The young lady crossed her legs almost robotically, her legs slanted in a perfect angle as she tried to suppress the rising anger within her, not wanting the situation to end up like the one during the previous lunch. Seungcheol's dangerous gaze was scary enough to see once, and she absolutely did not want to see it for a second time. Her lips pursed.

 

Her clique shifted uncomfortably behind her, knowing that their young lady was unhappy, and an unhappy Tiffany was not a very nice situation to end up with. The group of followers quickly dispersed the crowd that had gathered around the group of five, not wanting anyone to see their young lady in rage mode. Their young lady had complained and chided them enough the day before about letting her lose her image in front of so many of them the day before. But before the anger could control the young lady, Jaejoong shifted in his seat, his eyes barely glancing at the former before they returned to his food. A happy glint glistened the young lady's brown orbs, replacing the anger that had been slow to rise, "Now, my prince, will you be my mate? You don't have to be shy, you know, if you like me then just say so! You don't have to be afraid of anything to only steal glances at me. I know I'm beautiful~"

 

The young lady continued rambling about the nonexistent love between Jaejoong and her, so engrossed that she did not even notice the white eyes that Yoochun and Junsu were giving her. Maybe the Hwang princess was more innocent than they thought, but that did not equal to them letting down their guard in front of her. None of the Hwangs could be trusted, not even the innocent looking ones like Tiffany. They had been silently munching on their food, ignoring the young lady and it was not long before the five of them had emptied their trays. Changmin, being the youngest of the group, stood up to clear the empty trays, letting the young lady continue with her ramble without disturbing the latter. The young lady only realised that the five were leaving when the other four stood up as well, finally stopping as she hurried to get up as well.

 

"Jaejoong! My prince! Hey wait," the young lady jogged next to the group of five boys, her hand reaching back to our of her followers as if asking for something. A stack of nicely decorated pink card was placed on the young lady's stretched out hand, after that particular follower struggled for a few seconds trying to find the cards that her young lady wanted. She placed the card in front of Jaejoong, her expression slightly hard though the affection in her eyes were unhidden, "My prince, you don't have to answer me now. But at least attend my party, will you? Almost everyone attending this school will be invited, so you wouldn't really have a reason to reject this. I'll give you a few days to think about your answer, hopefully, you would have one by the party."

 

Junsu opened his mouth, wanting to reject the invitation to the party when Jaejoong grabbed his hand, his other free hand reaching out towards the invitation. The former struggled to get rid of the strong grip on his hand, not understanding why their leader was getting them into something that he knew they did not want to. The two made eye contact for a few seconds, and the former gave up, letting the leader do whatever he wanted. Jaejoong took the invitation from the young lady, his tone a complete opposite compared to when he was talking to Sooyeon and was only filled with coldness, "We'll be there."

 

He started walking away from the young lady who was now full of smiles, only to stop once more when the young lady called out to Wonwoo, "Wonwoo, can you please pass this to Seungcheol and Jeonghan as well?" The said boy took the invitation card before him with a soft smile without any hesitance, nodding politely at the young lady as he left the cafeteria with his three other members, his left hand full of bags and his right holding merely the card. Jaejoong continued walking out of the cafeteria, right behind the other four, the nine disappearing behind the cafeteria doors.

 

~~

 

"Hyung!" Hansol jumped into the rooftop from the stairways, his mate following closely behind him to make sure that the former did not fall or get into any accident. Not a single sound came out from the younger after that, the couple having paused in their tracks towards their members. Mingyu and Wonwoo entered the area nosily seconds after Jisoo did, only to bump into the older male, who had stopped there with Hansol right next to him. The younger couple peeked through Jisoo's shoulders to see what was going on for Jisoo and Hansol to stop, Mingyu was too tall for that anyway, but they quickly hushed themselves at the sight of Sooyeon pouting unhappily with her arms crossed before her chest, the others look everywhere and anywhere but the girl. The nine boys were seated before the girl, awkwardness written all over their faces. Seokmin pursed and unpursed his lips, he was not comfortable with the silence that had enveloped them. The corner of his eyes caught the arrival of the four boys that had been tasked to get lunch that day, his mind started to turn as a light bulb lighted in his mind.

 

A grin appeared on his face, breaking the slightly still atmosphere around the group as he got up, moving towards Hansol and Jisoo. Sooyeon, who was the only rose amongst the thorns, looked at Seokmin, confused at what he was trying to do. She did not expect the atmosphere to drop so much when she asked te boys what was going on that all of them had such conflicted and worried faces when they saw her that day. It was like that for Jeonghan, it was so for Seungcheol, and every other one of them acted the same way too. The only exception were Jisoo, Hansol, Wonwoo and Mingyu, they were already confused enough when they saw them like that. Before Sooyeon could bring her attention back to the question she had for the boys, Seokmin was screaming loudly, "Food~~"

 

The serious expressions that the boys and Sooyeon had ended up breaking into chuckles and giggles at the resident clown's antics. It was only up to Seokmin to ease the mood up at such serious moments. Jeonghan, with an annoyed but resigned expression, took the bags of food from the four boys who were still standing by the door. Seungcheol trailed after his mate as usual, taking the remaining bags that Jeonghan could not from the four to the kitchen area of the rooftop. The 'daddy' and 'mummy' of the group started to heat and prepare the food like they always had, their 'kids' waiting patiently on the sofas for their food. Jisoo turned to Jihoon, whispering to ask the latter about what happened earlier.

 

The latter was about to reply, only to have Sooyeon interrupt the boy, her head slightly shaking to tell the boy that what had passed was over. The girl quickly changed the topic, pointing out the card that was still in Wonwoo's hand, "Wonwoo oppa, what's that in your hand? It looks kinda familiar..." She squinted, her hand stretching out to get the familiar pink card from the older boy. However, the girl froze the moment she touched the pink card, her eyes fixated only on the card without moving. opened and closed, repeating again and again until Jeonghan and Seungcheol placed the heated food on the coffee table. The card was taken from her hand, just when the girl finally found the words that she needed, "What's this?"

 

Jeonghan fondled with the card that was now in his hands. He opened the sealed envelope, reading the contents written on the card out loud so that everyone around them could hear its contents, "Congratulations! You've been invited to the best, hottest party around in BN High. If you get this, it means that you're hip enough." The boy paused, turning his head weirdly at the last sentence before continuing, "This Friday night, 6.00pm. Be there or be square~ A wink emoji."

 

The boy looked up at s, about to ask who the card was from since there was not a name that signed off the message, though he was cut by Sooyeon before he could even hum a sound. Sooyeon's finger pointed towards the card, "That's from Tiffany! If you guys are invited, it means that you guys are going to come over on Friday? But but, how-"

 

"Don't worry! We won't be going!" Seungcheol was overly positive, only to have the densed as ever Hansol throw a wet blanket on the leader, 'But hyung, Jaejoong hyung and the other hyungs would be going too! We heard Jaejoong hyung said that they were, when Tiffany gave the invitation to them first just now in the cafeteria! This-" The boy's mouth was shut closed by his mate, who laughed stiffly as he continued the boy's words after Jisoo gave a short glare to his mate to make the younger shut up, "What Hansol meant to say is that Tiffany asked us to pass this to both you and Jeonghan, we didn't say anything about attending it."

 

"I-" "No." Jisoo silenced his mate who was about to protest, the younger pouting when he was told otherwise from what he wanted to do. The older sighed, giving the younger a tight squeeze on his shoulder, as he took a blood bag and placed it in the younger's mouth. Sooyeon gushed slightly at the rare open display of cute interaction between the Jisoo-Hansol couple. Jisoo was usually more reserved in front of people, she had learnt that from Chan when she had asked the latter about why the couple did not interact as much as the others earlier. Seungcheol rolled his eyes, obviously used to the bluntness from Hansol, which was kind of understandable since the boy was the second youngest of the group of thirteen. The leader read the invitation once more, staying silent for seconds and minutes, whilst the others took the chance to start on their lunch. The leader sighed after the long pause, his closed eyes opening as they trailed towards Sooyeon, "Yeonnie, look, I can't confirm about our attendance for the party as of now, alright? But I'll definitely tell you if we decide to go after."

 

Sooyeon pouted at the uncertain response, she did not want the boys to see her at work as a servant, which was going to be a definite duty for her, knowing how the Hwang's young lady was. But she understood where the leader was coming from at the same time, and she nodded, accepting the response as she on her blood bag without a word.

 

 

 

Author's Note: Ello~~ You know, that 'hip' part reminded me of Produce 101's Fingertips :p I was addicted to that song for a while back meh HAHA Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter~ <3 Until next week then~~