♛ 13th Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

"What's going on?" The students of BN High were whispering all over the place. It was the third assembly of the year, meaning that it was already the third month since school had started that year, the third month since the boys had returned to her life, the third month since her life had changed completely. The second month of school had passed in a flash, and she could still clearly remember the day when she asked Jeonghan and Seungcheol what Ahnmi had meant when she called her 'young lady' in her mind. The two boys froze when they finally processed what she had said, a long and awkward silence haunting the three of them. The couple were at a lost of words, not knowing exactly how to reply the girl.

 

Sooyeon smiled awkwardly, clearly sensing the couple being slightly uncomfortable trying to find a response despite not being able to hear the two's thought like she could for other people. Seungcheol had taken care of that with his immeasurable skill in telepathy, knowing that both parties, especially Sooyeon, would be uncomfortable with Sooyeon hearing the group's thoughts. Sooyeon opened , wanting to reassure the boys that it was alright, but before she could tell them to not be bothered by it, Seungcheol spoke first. The boy sighed as he started, "It's a long story Yeonnie... And we do know the reason behind it. But," the boy paused, making eye contact with the girl, "I, We, think that it would be better for you to find out about it yourself like how you would like to, especially since you'd told us about getting snippets of your memories from before right? And if you really want to know, I'm pretty sure Ahnmi would tell you the truth. In the meantime, I'll do everything I can to help you improve on your control yeah?"

 

Sooyeon nodded, understanding the reason for the two boys' hesitance on telling her everything. Seungcheol was right, she wanted to find out the truth by herself. It was not that she did not appreciate the people around her if they were to tell her about it, she would still know the truth in the end, but there was something within her that told her to find out by herself. That voice within her had been the one that made her contemplate whether or not she should ask the boys for opinions, and even though she did in the end, the voice was still screaming within her, telling her to find out herself instead of depending on others' memories. And when Seungcheol had said what he had, Sooyeon found herself letting out a breath that she did not know she was holding.

 

She broke into a smile then, accepting everything that Seungcheol had suggested happily, even offering to skip class with the boy that day so that they could practice her control over the skill. The boy agreed of course, he would accept anything the girl had asked him to do. Seungcheol went on to convince a pouting Jeonghan to head to class so it would not be too obvious as compared to when both Sooyeon and him missed classed like the previous Friday.

 

Jeonghan obliged fairly unwillingly, but still return to his and Sooyeon's classroom anyway since his mate did make sense, telling their tutor that he had a slight problem, and was stuck in the toilet earlier. The tutor believed him without a doubt, in fact, everyone in the class were the same, leaving a relieved yet pouting Jeonghan - the former since he was glad that no one doubted him, the latter due to the fact that he could not be around his mate and the most precious girl in his life.

 

From that day onwards, Sooyeon had spent most of her free time with Seungcheol, the others including Jeonghan, joining them most of the time as the boy continued to teach her how to control the slightly uncontrollable ability of her's. She got better at it definitely, in fact, Seungcheol had suggested to stop the lessons since the girl had pretty much gotten a hang over controlling the ability, with the rest now up to Sooyeon's own mental strength as she did not really need the boy's help anymore. She agreed of course, it was not nice to ask for anymore with the older boy having helped her all these time. Besides, she knew herself the best, that she was really getting a strong control over the ability now. And both Sooyeon and Seungcheol were finally able to relax after weeks of intense training, the boy having learnt and improved his own ability in the same time while tutoring the girl, as they both returned to the daily fooling around with the other eleven boys.

 

Days had passed since then, with Sooyeon emerging as the third in line for the most feared member in the group of fourteen. The position used to belong to Jihoon, who looked like a cinnamon, but everyone who knew him well enough knew perfectly well not to cross the boy or you would be the only one suffering, as the boy enjoying his torture on those who did with his almost endless knowledge of spells. The wizard willingly gave up the position to Sooyeon nevertheless, the latter's seemingly limitless abilities of electricity manipulation and telepathy were terrifying when put together.

 

Furthermore, the girl was too precious to them to not obey her, the girl was mostly right on the things that she had insisted them on doing or getting anyway. The first two on the list of the most feared member in the group belonged to Seungcheol and Jeonghan respectively, because the former was the leader of the group and that the two of them were the 'parents' of the group. Just their actions alone commanded respect and fear, from each of the members, even Sooyeon, with the leader never sparing anyone who deserved punishment, neither did the leader's mate. This was why Sooyeon was merely the third, or seeing from how much the two oldest adored her, the girl could have easily topped the list. But even with the unmeasurable adoration that Sooyeon had from the oldest two, they still reprimanded Sooyeon when they needed to, same with the other members, which was how the two oldest remained in their position after all these time.

 

Sooyeon stared at the murmuring crowd, standing in the middle of the main building's lobby, with the thirteen boys by her side. It was one of the rare times that the group and Sooyeon were seen together in school, the girl was usually too cautious about that, but the situation currently was too baffling for the girl to even bother about it at the moment. The boys, Jisoo and Chan in particular, were throwing glances at the girl, smiles seen on all their faces.

 

They were honestly surprised too, the girl would usually had ran away by now, if they were to appear within five metres of her range. Nevertheless, they were enjoying the rare moment they did not need to be in the rooftop in order to be around the girl. Minghao broke into small giggles as he leaned his head on Junhui's shoulder, the others smiling widely as they noticed the unblinking girl next to them. The girl was so immersed in her thoughts, her eyes straight and her brows furrowed together, that she did not even notice a gaze full of anger and detest, fixated on her from behind. More and more students continued appearing and surrounded them, their attention all directed to only one area - the entrance of the school's office.

 

~~

 

"Hyung, you sure it's alright?" Changmin asked, his eyes darting between the crowd that had begun to gather outside the office and his four best friends. The said male nodded his head, his dark orbs not even shifting towards the crowd as they focused on the stack of papers seated in front of him instead. The thin, but defined pair of lips belonging to the male pursed and open, the pen in his right hand moving without stopping as he continued to fill in the admission forms for the five of them. Junsu patted Changmin on his back, wordlessly telling the latter to not bother about the people outside, the gentlemen smile present on his face caused the ladies amongst the crowd outside to scream and swoon.

 

The remaining two boys relaxed against the sofa found by the side of the office, waiting patiently, yet a little impatiently at the same time, as seen from the tapping of their feet against the floor. Minutes passed, and the sound of papers ruffling against each other could finally be heard, as the four unoccupied boys looked towards their leader. The leader gave each of them a look, quickly taking a brief glance at each page to confirm that every particular had been written correctly before he passed them to the clerk working by the reception without a word.

 

The four boys stood up, joining their leader by the reception. Five pairs of eyes stared down the clerk as the clerk processed the admission forms in the fastest speed he had ever done it in, a bead of cold sweat running down the poor worker's forehead at the same time. The clerk left the reception, and into the principal's office to get it signed, the auras surrounding the five somehow making him feel the urgency of it, leaving the five males alone in the huge reception.

 

Yoochun gave a quick nudge to Yunho, who had been exceptionally quiet ever since they had arrived in the school campus. The latter swiftly smiled, showing his best friends that he was fine. The other four knew of course, but they knew and understood the reason for the boy's behaviour as well, Yunho was too nervous about meeting his beloved cousin after so many years. Changmin threw his hands on Yunho's shoulders, giving the latter a soft message to relaxed the tensed body, as he continued the conversation, "So hyung, are we going to do anything about those people? I'm sure you know that they will continue to gather like that if they could do it now... "

 

"We do nothing." The group of five's leader finally opened his mouth, his eyes giving a quick glance outside, which successfully resulted in endless screams and squeals from the fangirling crowd. His brows furrowed once more, turning away from the crowd as he continued, "Remember what our identities are now, we can't do anything about it if we want to keep it low. Though, it seems to be a little too difficult to keep it low now. And loosen a little, we are in a school now, not back in our clans."

 

The five nodded in acknowledgement at their leader's words, understanding completely what the leader was conveying. It was a given to understand each other with merely words, they could even understand one another with just an exchange of eye contact, with the number of years that they had spent together, especially when they had been through the toughest period when their princess had disappeared. The thought of finally being able to see her once more, after so many years that had passed so slowly, excited them unconsciously, each of them jumping slightly at the tinges of excitement sparks running through them. Yunho opened his mouth, about to say something when the clerk returned to his designated spot with the institute's in-charge by his side. The boy shut his mouth straight away, stepping closer towards his best friends as the principal approached them, "Good morning Mr Kim, Mr Jung, Mr Kim, Mr Yoon and Mr Shim. Thank you for choosing our institute as a school that you'd like to study in, we are honoured to have all five of you here."

 

"Of course, Mr-" Junsu stepped in, in place of Jaejoong since the former was the resident socialite of the group. He shook the placed out hand of the principal, his socialising skills fully turn on as he politely asked for the principal's surname.

 

"Hwang," the principal replied for Junsu to continue the conversation the exact moment he was told the principal's surname, it was not that he did not know about the fact beforehand. In fact, everything concerning about the institute, from whom the gardener working in the institute was to who was the actual owner of the institute had all been etched into his memory, but they had to appear to be normal innocent Koreans returning to the country after spending quite some time overseas. "Mr Hwang. Which other school would we choose apart from BN High? Its another consideration that everything about BN High is so wonderful. It is us who are honoured to be accepted into such a prestigious institute."

 

The principal laughed heartily, obviously loving the sweet talk that Junsu had just given. His humongous belly wobbled as he laughed, only stopping seconds later right as the school bell for assembly rung. The principal spoke once more, "Well, since it is assembly now, would you like to head to the auditorium together? My assistant here," he nodded to the clerk, "can help point out a few directions to important places in the school campus along the way."

 

Junsu nodded, agreeing for the group and the seven individuals exited the school's office. The crowd outside the office had subsided a little, with people leaving in different timings for the auditorium once the principal had appeared. Being late for assembly was an important offence and most of them, be it the delinquents or nerds, would always make sure that they were there for assembly. Despite so, there would still be students like Sooyeon who would wait until the last moment before stepping into the auditorium so that they could sit at the back of it, the best distance away from the people. And as the five males followed behind the principal and the clerk out of the school's office, Jaejoong somehow, caught one single stare amongst the many that were screaming in awe at them.

 

He froze. A weird yet familiar tingling at the same time pulsed within him. The pair of eyes turned away, the feeling completely gone together with the pair of eyes. He blinked to remove all the weird feelings surging within him and continued walking with his friends that had stopped along with him. Yunho sent him a puzzled look, to which he responded with an assuring smile that nothing was going on. Really, nothing was going on as Jaejoong's smile widened a little. 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Yeay! Jaejoong and his boys are finally here! <3 Until next week~~