♛ 2nd Drop of Blood ♛

Dolls: Bloodthirst

 

 

 

 

 

"Sooyeon?" Ahnmi spoke through the door, alerting the girl in the room that breakfast was ready, that the girl should hurry unless she wanted to be late for school.

 

It was Monday and the weekend had passed incredibly fast, with both their masters - notably their master and young lady, had been away. The dinner the two were supposed to have ended up being a short vacation because a certain young lady had thought that the resort they were at was absolutely beautiful, demanding that they stay a few nights. Their master consented as usual, he was not the type to deny any requests by his daughter as long as he could afford them. They had then decided to stay two night, since Tiffany had school on the third day, and the Hwangs do not miss school unless they have a reasonable excuse.

 

Sooyeon had returned to her room silently on Saturday night after she had freshened herself up in the doll room. Her young lady was not in the house luckily, or she would have to head back to her room in the hideous doll up that her young lady liked. The only thing was that she had lost her appetite that night, which was the usual when she was to be her young lady's doll, and despite how many times he other servants had tried, nothing could make her eat. The most she would eat was just a few mouthfuls of porridge, them being good enough for the servants to leave her alone.

 

Amongst the many servants present in the manor, it was safe to say that the one that Sooyeon was closest to was Ahnmi. The servant had entered the household later than Sooyeon did, but she was at least twenty years older than the younger, which resulted in the former to quickly gain a foothold in the competitive household where gaining the master's and young lady's favour was a great deal, with her unique way of handling things. Unlike some servants who act differently when they did gain favour, Ahnmi had remained her same friendly and outgoing personality, commanding respect from the others. Most of all, Ahnmi had treated Sooyeon like a dear daughter throughout the years, she cared about the younger the most, making sure that the younger was growing up properly.

 

Sooyeon dressed quickly, gobbling down her breakfast when she finally came out, cladded in her school colours. The century-old school, BN High School was one of the top and most sought-after high schools in South Korea, it being a mixed school with both vampires and humans. Only those with the top results in the nation are accepted into the school, and everyone's identity was kept anonymous in the school, making it a top choice for children of people with sensitive profiles. The school fees were discriminated by price, as students pay what they can each month to the nevertheless rich school. Sooyeon's school fees was amongst the low-middle ranks, the girl using her monthly allowance from the manor to pay for it. She did not need to bring money for the meals in school, they were all provided for, to which the teenager always thanked whoever started it since she was always to save up the remaining allowance she had.

 

She quickly thanked those in the room, excusing herself for school and she was finally on her half an hour journey to school.

 

The marine blue and white colours suited the girl incredibly, but then again, most of the colours suited the girl, even the worst colour combinations one could ever think of. But the aura that Sooyeon had when dressed in her school uniform, which was honestly the best outfit she had personally, seemed like one a Royal would give off, though the other students in the school has gotten used to her aura and demure.

 

It was the girl's second year in the high school despite the girl being only seventeen. She had somehow, one way or another, managed to skip a grade when she had just started school, when she was still in the junior section of the BN group of associate schools for her elementary education. Their master had enrolled every of the manor's children into the same school, including his very own daughter, and it was all up to the children on whether they can remain in the BN institute. Sooyeon was one of the few that had managed to remain in the institute for the most of her education journey, the only remaining was her university path. Accompanying her was Tiffany, the two werein the second year of high school together, with both of them acting like strangers in school. It was normal after all.

 

The two of them were in different leagues, with Tiffany being in the popular clique and Sooyeon as the silent shadow who never interacted with anyone at all. Barely anyone knew of Sooyeon's existence in school, that was how much Sooyeon had hidden herself, especially when the girl had always put on a pair of nerd specs and tied her long hair into nerdy braids after leaving the house. It was a secret the servants do not know. The girl did not like unnecessary attention anyway, she could not imagine how the situation would be like with her young lady if she went to school as she did without any disguise.

 

Before she knew it, Sooyeon had reached the school district. She quickly got off the public bus, her blue bag matching with the marine blue blazer, white shirt, a light blue tie and a checkered skirt with a white background and blue lines. She pushed her black nerd spectacles in, the zero degree lens gleaming in reflection, her feet taking her nearer towards the school. It was merely minutes before she was in the school campus, reaching the main school building. The school building was unusually crowded with the new first years, as well as the second years and third years all crowding in the same building. Sooyeon skillfully dodged everyone who was in her way, making her way slowly towards the small snack stall. She was about to take a bag of blood from the refrigerator when Tiffany's loud voice started to take over the hallways, as everyone else made way for her and her clique.

 

School seemed to be a game for the young lady's gang, with them showing off their wealth and 'charm' of which majority of the school population seemed to buy their antics. Majority except for a few oddballs like Sooyeon, who only wanted to finish her education as soon as possible. The bell rang, signalling it was time for the students to move into the auditorium for the monthly assembly. The hallway emptied out quickly, leaving Sooyeon and a few others out in the hallway whilst the others shuffled into the auditorium. Sooyeon, as usual, did not bother about the others as she briefly finished her blood bag and moved into the auditorium together with a few others. Soon enough, only thirteen people were left out in the hallway.

 

"Hyung [Hyung is a term addressed by males for older males], is that her?" The shortest of the group of thirteen that had gathered together after they were the only ones left in the hallway asked in a soft whisper that was enough for them all to hear. The one whom the former had addressed as 'hyung', nodded with a sharp glare at the doors to the auditorium. The latter seemed to be the leader of the group, eyeing everyone else as he sent out instructions via telepathy, one of the skills he had as a vampire. The group had been staring at Sooyeon ever since the girl had appeared in the hallway, observing the girl's every move. They had gulped when the girl was drinking her blood bag, and barely stopped themselves from glaring those who almost touched the girl. The group nodded simultaneously, each of them breaking into various groups as they finally entered the auditorium.

 

~~

 

"Hello~" A girl sat right beside Sooyeon in class, the latter staring wide-eyed at the newcomer.

 

Assembly had been boring, with the principal of the school going on and on about how everyone should abide with the school rules, especially now that it was a new school year, that he had new expectations for everyone and the new first years. The same things were said every year, and everyone was bored of it, except for the new students that consisted of the transferees as well. People were talking all around, all having their own conversations in every way they could to prevent the principal from stopping to start reprimanding them. Sooyeon, since she did not have any friends, zoned out - a common activity she did in school. Before she knew it, the assembly was over and class was about to start.

 

The girl headed to her locker, which was luckily in a corner that she liked. She took out all the books that she needed for the day, or at least those that were needed before lunch break before heading to her classroom, marking her territory as the previous year. Her classmates were all the same, all of them having gotten used to Sooyeon and her actions as they happily left the girl alone. That was all Sooyeon had asked after all, why would they not follow it when they can easily ask for notes from the girl as long as you stayed away enough. Sooyeon thought that she would be able to be left alone like the previous year, though all of those thought came crashing down when an unfamiliar face sat right next to her.

 

Sooyeon froze, she was not used to socialising in school. The unfamiliar face, whom she suspected was a transferee to their class, was beautiful. Vampires were all beautiful no doubt, but there will always still be people like Sooyeon and the new girl whose beauty was on another level. The new girl had her hair dyed blonde, her side fringe covering her face while the rest of her shoulder-length hair was gathered together in a low ponytail. The school uniform rested on the new girl perfectly, like how it did for Sooyeon if she did not disguise herself of course. Her smile, which seemed to be fixed there permanently, was similar to that of an angel, and Sooyeon was made to ponder if angels did really exist. The girl quickly put the question into a section full of others of similar nature, submitting to think that she can always confirm the answer of the question on another day.

 

"My name is Jeonghan." The female laughed heartedly, starting to joke around with her new desk mate, "Sooyeon right? My name's like a guy's one, I know, but that what my parents gave! I guess they really wanted a son huh?"

 

Sooyeon stared blankly at the angel-like female, only to put her head on the table, covering herself with the blanket that she had brought along with her. The angel-like female, or Jeonghan, chuckled dryly at the lack of response from her deskmate, pouting softly that earned many coos from both the females and males alike in the classroom. Some walked over to ask the new girl about putting up with the poker-faced girl, convincing of the girl otherwise, to which Jeonghan chuckled her same angelic laugh, saying that she was fine with her deskmate just as the teacher for the first class came into the classroom.

 

The next few lessons passed by in a blink with Sooyeon sleeping on her table, moving only to change the textbooks and notes on her table according to the subject the lesson was, and Jeonghan staring at the girl next to her, amazed at how the latter could sleep through every lesson without any of the teachers caring about the latter's lack of attention. Sooyeon finally woke up when the bell for lunch break rang, the girl surprised at the fact that the new student in class was still sitting next to her. She raised her eyebrow at Jeonghan, to which a smile spread on the latter's face as the latter asked, "Can we be friends?"

 

"You..." Sooyeon spoke for the first time that day in school with her poker face still on, and Jeonghan bit her lips in anticipation for what the girl would say, only to freeze at the girl's words, "You are attracting too much attention." And the girl stood up, leaving a baffled Jeonghan behind, walking straight past the crowd that had gathered outside and all around the classroom. Jeonghan finally processed what happened a few seconds laughter, bursting into a crazy laughter as she took every breath out of the crowd surrounding the classroom. She stood up too, dusting her skirt as she walked out of the classroom as well, joining her group of friends that had gathered slightly further away from her classroom, away from the crowd that had gathered due to her. The moment she walked to her group of friends, an arm was put over the girl's shoulders as a soft kiss was placed on the girl's forehead, causing the crowd to sigh in disappointment - the pretty angel was already taken!

 

The group of thirteen from earlier then moved towards the school's cafeteria, as Jeonghan snuggled into the embrace of the group's leader. 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: HELLO!! Its chapter 2!! Weewww~~ But PLEASE DO NOT KILL ME GUYS, for those who know what I'm talking about!! ITS ALL THE STORYLINE :3 I know that most of you have questions, feel free to ask them! I'll try my best to answer everything without spoiling, but if the question is about spoiling only, then... :p Anyways, as usual, I hope that all of you had enjoyed this chapter as much as I did! Thank you for your support by reading! UNTIL NEXT WEEK~