Chapter 3

Do you believe in magic?

Chapter 3

Maya Lee

Classic music blast trough the speakers in a practice room. A girl waiting for the cue looking in the mirror. When the cue came she started to dance, to be precise she was dancing the swan lake. The girl missed a step and cursed. She decided to take a break and she walked to her bag and she sat down. She looked at the wall and drunk some water. She supposed to be at school but because today is the last day before she will move, so she decided to skip school and come to here. She was always in the dance studio when she was stressed, angry, frustrated or sad. She would always lock the door and close the curtain for the windows were visitors could look. This was the only place she could be herself.

Her stepmother and stepsister would always comment on her body and looks. ‘Your nose is too big. You are fat. Your is too small. The only thing that could help you is surgery.’ That were a few thing of what they would say to her. Every time she saw one of them they called her ugly. And in school she had to be the girl that would always get the highest grades. She had to be the nerd because nobody can know that she is can actually fight. In school her stepsister would also call her ugly and a lot of people followed her. Not only friends of her stepsister but also complete strangers. ‘Maya the ugly nerd.’ That was her name in school and she didn’t do anything about it. She had one friend and that was enough.

Maya sighted and put her water away. She stood up and started the music. The silent that was in the room disappeared as soon as Maya pressed on the start button. Maya stood ready and waited for the cue. She started to dance and forget everything she just thought about. But little did she knew that she forgot to close the curtains and to lock the door. A guy looked through the glass and saw her dancing. After a minute he walked to the door and opened. Because of the music Maya didn’t noticed it. He leaned against the door frame while watching her dance.

Maya made a wrong dance move and twisted her ankle. She cursed and walked to her bag. She threw her ballet shoes out and grabbed an injection needle and opened it. The inject makes the pain to go away so that you can dance. She searched a good vein in her foot when a voice said something. ‘It’s not good to do that.’ A males voice said. ‘I know.’ She just answered. ‘Then why do you do it?’ She looked up to see a male. He is tall and has brown hair. Maya guessed that he was her age or older. ‘Because I need to practice.’ She answered and gave herself the injection. She putted her ballet shoes on and looks at the male. ‘Do you have a performance?’ He asked. *Geez why all those questions* Maya thought. ‘No, I don’t. I just need to dance.’ She said. ‘Oh.’

Maya wanted to dance again but that guy just stood there watching every moved she made. ‘Could you go.’ She said. ‘Why? You dance really good and I want to watch it.’ He said and Maya just sighted. ‘Shouldn’t you be in school?’ He suddenly asked. ‘Yes, but it’s my last day here and I wanted to dance here one more time.’ ‘To where are you going to move?’ ‘To Seoul.’ The guy chuckled. ‘That funny, because I’m from Seoul. I’m visiting a friend here.’ Then he suddenly checked his phone. ‘I need to go. Maybe I will see you in Seoul.’ And then he waved and left.

Maya shook her head to start dancing again. Maya is good in all kinds of dance. But her specialty is ballet. She loved the elegant moves and the strength you need. She was really good because she does ballet for 14 years already.

She just started the music again when a girl came running. ‘Wait did that hottie came from here?’ she asked while almost tripping. Maya stopped the music ‘What hottie?’. ‘The one that just came from this direction when I ran to here.’ ‘Oh, that one. He’s cute.’ They looked at each other and giggled. Maya grabbed a water bottle and sat down. ‘Why did you ran here. I though school was still going on.’ The girl sat next to Maya. ‘Got send out of class and decided to skip classes but security didn’t allow that so I just ran.’ And just shrugged. Maya looked with disbelieve at her friend and then started laughing really loud. ‘Camila, you are a genius.’ And they both laughed.

 

~

Hi guys!

This is the third re-uploaded chapter. I hope you liked it. Please let me know what you think of it!

Thank you for reading. Please subscribe, vote and comment!

-Floortje