Chapter 2

Do you believe in magic?

Chapter 2

Ella Lee

You heard the laughing of three girls when they left the small house. ‘Did you see his face when he asked if you were serious.’ Said one of them, still laughing. ‘You need to win this Ella, only to prove that you are better than him. And of course to see how they react.’ Said the other one. They walked further and started to walk up the hill. Ella just signed up for a snowboard race, and the man who organized it didn’t believe that she could snowboard at all. The other two girls are Aveline and Astrid. They are Ella’s best and only friends. ‘Ella, Ave and I need to go. See you tomorrow before you leave?’ They stopped and Ella gave both of them a hug. ‘Of course. You need to visit sometime when I moved in with my sisters.’  And the other two girls nodded. They waved and parted ways. She heard a sound coming from her backpack. It was her spirit animal, a penguin. ‘What are you doing here? Did you climb in my bag to be with me?’ she asked the penguin, who only nodded. She sight and smiled. ‘Here you can walk with me.’ She said and they started walking.

You saw a trail of footsteps where she walked in the snow. She walked the mountain up and in her hand she held a snowboard. Behind her a baby penguin walked. ‘Are you okay.’ Ella asked and stopped walking and she looked at the penguin. ‘I will carry you.’ And Ella picked the penguin up. She carefully putted him in her backpack. The penguin made a satisfied noise and Ella putted the backpack on again. When she started to walk again her phone fell out of her pockets. She sighted and picked it up. She looked at the screen and saw that she had a message from her ‘dad’.

From: Dad

To: Ella

When are you coming home?

She quickly wrote an answer and send it to her ‘dad’

From: Ella

To: Dad

I will be home in 15-20 minutes

She putted her phone away and started to walk again. After 20 minutes she arrived home. It was a small house in the mountains. She opened the door and saw her ‘dad’ in the kitchen making hot chocolate. ‘I’m home.’ He looked up and she putted her snowboard away. She carefully let her penguin out of her backpack. ‘How is Junior doing?’ ‘Good.’ And the penguin wiggled to the kitchen. She named him Junior after the penguins of Madagascar. ‘Are you nervous to move?’ He asked and placed the two hot chocolates in the living room on the table. ‘Yeah, It’s just that I can’t snowboard or ski anymore.’ And Ella walked to him. ‘Yeah, too bad. But you signed up for that race right?’ Ella nodded and sat down on the sofa. He sat down next to her and gave her a hot chocolate. They drunk it in silence and after a they finished Ella looked at him. ‘Jack, could we go sledding one more time like we used to when I was little.’ She asked. Jack laughed and ruffled her hair. ‘Of course we can do that, little ice princess.’ And he stood up. ‘I’m going to change then.’ He said and he walked upstairs to change. Ella giggled because of the nick name. Since she moved in with him he called her that way.

She also thought back to when they saw the movie Frozen. She giggled at the memories. Weeks after that he would still call her Elsa or ice queen and sometimes she would call him Jack frost. She had a good band with Jack. She sees him as her second dad and she was happy because of that. Some of her sisters didn’t get treated so well as she got treated. A voice snapped her out of her thoughts. ‘Are you coming Ella, and are we taking Junior with us?’ She looked up and smiled. ‘Yes I’m coming, but I think it’s better to leave Junior here. He is really tired of our trip to the village.’ Jack nodded and Ella walked to him. ‘Let’s go.’ He laughed and they walked outside.

After a 10 minute walk they arrived by a small hill and Ella sat down on their sled. ‘Here I comeee.’ She screamed the last word because she already slide down the hill. They had a lot fun and she forgot all her worries about her sister and he forgot his worries about Ella and her future life.

 

~

Hi guys!

It has been a while since I updated and I'm sorry for that. I'm going to try to update more frequent but I'm busy with school and to be honest I'm a bit forgetful so I kinda forget that I need to update (hehe oops).

I still want to thank everybody who read this chapter. I really hope you like it and please subscribe, vote or comment. (I prefer comments, then I know if you like it or if I could change things)

- Floortje