LA, Jetlags, & ... McDonalds Romance?

My Star

Yuri’s POV

“Oh my Grinch! Jet-lags are taking over my poor head!” Sooyoung exclaimed as we walk to the baggage area to wait for our luggage and things to show up. “Jet-lag my ! You said you’re having jet-lag yet you’re still eating. How many foods had been eaten by you since we’re still at Korea?!” I flung my hands in the air as I asked in a patronizing tone.

“And just for you to know, I would totally accept it if Zack’s group are the one who’s whining about jet-lag since before going here right now! They rode a plane from Philippines to Korea first before here. Not forgetting about the group we met at the Incheon International Airport. If I am right, their name is Lucky Stars.” I stopped for a sec when I remembered the face of the grumpy girl in the airplane.

Before Sooyoung can even notice my grinning lips, I immediately continued my explanation, “As on what I had been read in All-Kpop, their group just had a concert tour all around Asia, and they just came back from Japan first before Korea. It only means we’re lucky to only have one flight, unlike them who has two, right Taeyeon?” I nudged Taeyeon to wake him up from his little daydream.

“Uh-huh … oh, yeah. Came from the Japan, yeah… ” He answered in a whispering way that only he can understand it. ‘This guy really needs to stop. Instead of funny, I find it really annoying!’

“Hey Yul, what’s up with Taeng today? He seems … out of the world?” Sooyoung asked as he curved a brow. “Just let him be. He’s still fine anyway.” All I can do for this stupid leader of ours is to sighed and look at him, who seems to be helplessly in love with that eye-smile girl, Tiffany Hwang. “Where’s Amber anyway?” Sooyoung looked around and found no trace of Amber.

“He’s with Zack and the others. Amber said he will accompany them for a while since Luna and Hyoyeon keeps on puking ever since the time we set foot here in LA.” With that Sooyoung suddenly spitted out what he’s been eating over me because he laughed very hard. “Eww … serves you right, haha! Anyway, don’t just say something like that straight forwardly when I’m eating nearby, you disgusting Black-Hole!” I punched his shoulder, making him wince in pain.

“Hey, is that …?” I was surprised when Taeyeon suddenly spoke. ‘I thought he won’t even talk for at least until this day will come to its end!’ I looked at where he’s staring at and smiled unconsciously when I saw a particular ice-looking girl from far away. “Ms. Popsicle.” I muttered.

“Isn’t that the girls we met earlier in Korea? I gonna say … they all do look beautiful, especially that girl, the shortest among them all.” Sooyoung pointed at the one his talking about. If I’m not wrong, she is Sunny. But of course, once you look back at where Taeyeon is REALLY looking at, it’s going to be the one and only Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, AGAIN.

We finally got our things when Amber shouted, “Yo, guys we’re back.” Beside him is Yoona, and behind him were Hyoyeon and Luna, who were being patted lightly at the back by Zack.

“Mom, Dad, and Jackie told us that they will be here in 30 minutes. And since this two doesn’t have anything inside their stomach, how about grabbing something to eat first while waiting for their arrival?” Zack requested, and we all agreed, especially the shikshins. I looked back at Taeyeon, and finally, I was very relieved when I saw him back to normal again. “You okay now, Taeng?”  I pat his shoulders and he looked at me with smile plastered in his face.

“Yeah, I’m fine now. To be honest, I’ve thought of something brilliant.” He chirped as he begun to grin like a crazy person, and I just listen to him while secretly hiding the slight fear of what his idea is. He continued, “I’m going to use this vacation, not only to have fun with you guys, but for also getting to know Tiffany Hwang much more!”

I mentally face-palmed myself before I replied, “Good luck to you, buddy.” I smiled involuntary as I look at his eyes, which is full of determination. ‘I don’t think this is a good idea.’

Amber’s POV

“Hyung, let’s go with just minimum numbers of people that will buy the foods.” I suggested. “You’re right. Sooyoung, go with Amber and buy us something to full our stomach up. We all will wait for you there, and if ever you two got lost, just call me.” Taeyeon-hyung pointed at the waiting area. ‘He seems back to normal state again, though his smile somehow creeping me out.’

“Bwo, why me?! I wanna stay too! You, Taeng, should be the one who’s helping Amber since you’ve been spacing out for I don’t know how long!” Sooyoung-hyung was trying to decline, but Yoona defended Taeyeon-hyung immediately. “You’re right about spacing out, Hyung. But at least he’s silent, unlike you, who had been whining the whole time we rode the plane.”

Sooyoung cannot fight back anymore since Yoong was totally right. He, involuntarily and forcefully, dragged his long legs to walk together with me. We left the gang to buy the foods. “I should have just shut my mouth at the plane.” Hyung kept on muttering words as we walk to the McDonalds. I can’t help but chuckle at his childish act.

While we’re walking into the crowd of busy people, two girls suddenly showed up and stumbled upon us, HARD. A short yet cute girl bumped onto Hyung. She’s lucky Hyung was able to react fast and caught her. While the other girl bumped onto me, she’s tall, petite yet y, but the thing that was more attracting about her is her cold but very beautiful looks. She almost slipped but my reflexes were faster that I was able to hold her hand and waist, and stopping her.

”Are you ok, Miss?” Hyung and I both asked to the girls in our arms. Seconds past and finally one of us was able to come back from her senses.

“S-Soojung-ah, let’s go. Thank you and sorry from what happened. We promise it won’t happen again.” The small girl pulled the girl, who she called Soojung, away from us. To everyone, it’s just a normal accident or mere coincidence, but not for the two of us.

Something suddenly sparked and tons of butterflies flapped inside our stomach. The only thing is, we still don’t fully understand the feeling, but that doesn’t stop our world to lighten up nor cover the smile that was plastered on our faces.

“Can you feel it, Ambro?” Sooyoung-hyung nudged me, and I just looked at him in the eyes. We stared to each other for a while, after seconds of staring, a smile was crept out from my face. “Yup, we both felt it.” We both grinned before stepping into the fast food restaurant. We both don’t know this feeling, but one we’re sure about … we liked the feeling that we are experiencing today.

“But damn, you’re lucky that you’ve been able to hear that cold looking girl’s name while I am not!” Sooyoung stumped his foot on the ground a little too hard, making him wince in pain. “Haha, I’m sure you’ll be able to know yours too, hyung. Just have patience.” I patted his back.

“Yeah, yeah, let’s just get our order already. I’m hungry!” He violently waved his hand in front of me, which made me back away a little. “Ok, ok, geez … I can’t believe that you’re hungry, AGAIN.” Really, I can’t believe Sooyoung-hyung will be this hungry! Even though we’ve been together as a group for over five years, I still can’t blend in the fact about him being hungry like we didn’t even let him eat anything for a week, though he just ate for about ten minutes ago.

“Shut up and order, NOW!”, “OKAY!!!” We both stormed inside like mad people. ‘Geez, thank goodness we’re the type who doesn’t worry about our image. Man, what a day.’