A Complicated Problem

My Star

Zack’s POV

Everyone was already in the living room, and was ready to start eating when I noticed that Krystal is missing. “Hey, where’s our little Jung?” I asked. Everyone was confused. They don’t know where Krystal is. “Let me look for her then.” Jessica suddenly blurted out, making me, Luna, and Sulli stand up with surprise expression over our face. “What’s with the surprised face?” Jessica arced one of her brow.

“Nothing! It’s just that, since you guys just came from a tiring outing, how about I go and check her out myself, agree?” Jess looks like she’s hesitating but I was far from being delight when she finally agreed and sat back to continue eating. They were curious about why I left the table and rushed to the upper floor. Before I go up, I received a text from Luna.

From: Mirror Prince       To: Captain Z       (8:51pm _ 08/03/2015)

‘Hyung, don’t worry here. Sulli and I will distract any members that will try to go up. But if you can, please do what you’re going to do quickly!’

“I got it!” Once I reached upper floor, I saw Krystal crying uncontrollably in the hallway. I came to her aid and gave a gentle hug. “Shh, stop crying now, Krystal. Whatever the problem you’re going on right now, don’t let it get you, please? I promise we’ll deal with it later. But for now, I want you to stop crying and wash your face. You don’t want to worry our friends in the living room, right?” I did my best to comfort her.

It took her a while to sober up from her sadness. She looked up with a forced smile. “I’ll try my best, Zack-oppa. Thank you for helping me.” She weakly walked into her room. I waited for her to come out. After a good five minutes, she came back with a much fresher look. “Now, they won’t notice anything, right?” Krystal asked and I nodded in response.

“I don’t know the full story but I know these has something to do with you ad my brother. As the eldest person and Amber’s brother, I’ll do everything to help you two out. For now, let’s just shut it until everyone is finally sleeping, ok?” We both go down to the living room.

Most of them are already finished eating. “What took you guys so long? We’re halfway done, you know?” Hyoyeon retorted. I rolled my eyes and took a seat. Krystal did the same. Amber stood up and walked away. Krystal looked at him then to me. I just gave her a sympathetic smile and started eating.

‘If my brother is so upset right now, then why is Krystal feeling the same as if they’re the couple here? So weird and complicated.’ I mentally said as I look at Soojung from time to time.

Once we’re finished in everything and everyone was in their respective rooms. I go to the rooftop’s balcony to breathe some fresh air. “You can solve everything if you have a calm mind and heart.” I said to myself as I look around. ‘Soojung sure is taking her time. It’s kind’a cold here in LA when its night time.’ I rubbed my palms before leaning it on the railings.

I isolated my other thoughts and kept the thing about Amber and Krystal in my mind as I put my gaze over the starry sky. While thinking deeply, I felt a tap over my shoulder. I was surprised when I saw who the person is. “Hey, can I have a word with you, Hyung?”

Sulli’s POV

I sneaked inside the comfort room so I can call Luna. After several rings, he finally picked up.

“Hello?” His voice was less sleepy but definitely low.”Lun, can I ask you something?” I was hesitating on whether I’ll ask him the question that was stuck in my mind when he responded. “Yes, what is it?”

“You know the thing about Krystal and Amber today, right?” Cold beads of sweat suddenly came out of my forehead as my heart started beating very fast. He hummed as a respond. “Well … it’s kind’a hitting me somewhere for some reason.” I’m starting to get nervous. A long silence passed before he replied, “What do you mean? Is it something about us?”

I was surprised. He beat me up first before I could even say it. Does that mean he’s feeling it too? “Y-yeah, but don’t bother it. Maybe I’m just too worried today, that’s why.” I was about to end the call when Luna said something that stopped me from doing anything, “If it’s the status and such about us is what bothering you then it’s the same to me. But before you could even end this call, I’m gonna say it right now.” I heard him inhaled and exhaled serenely while I’m still unmoved.

“I like you so much and no matter what happens, you and I are friends … at least for now. This situation doesn’t change anything because I won’t leave you even if we’re the one in Amber and Krystal’s place. I promise to be always there for you, Sul. Please, stop worrying anymore. We can deal with it together.” Unknown to me, a single tear fell down on my cheek.

“T-thank you, Lun, that really meant so much for me. I-I like you too.” I blushed and quickly ended the call because of embarrassment. I put a hand over my left chest as I Sunyoung’s words kept on playing back inside my mind. “That was an unplanned and unexpected confession, isn’t it?” I can’t help but laugh silently at me and Luna’s stupidity. “Together, huh?” A smile creeps out over my lips.

Unknown to me, the guy I just called was also blushing irrepressibly.

Author’s POV

Amber was staring blankly at the ceiling of his room. He wanted to sleep but for some reason, he can’t. After several minutes of nothing but staring in blank space, he stood up and slowly walk outside the room. The latter wondered out until he saw a figure standing at the balcony. “Hyung?” He observed his brother as the latter stare at the clear night sky.

A thought then came into his mind. He walked closer and tapped Zack’s shoulder, gaining the guy’s attention. “Hey, can I have a word with you, Hyung?”

Zack quickly turned his head and shot a surprised look at his little brother. ”A-Am, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping already?” He didn’t expect Amber to show up since he’s actually waiting for Krystal.

“I can’t sleep. There are so many things that kept on running inside my mind.” The younger one shrugged his shoulders and leaned his elbows over the rails and took his gaze into the sky. Zack sighed and did the same. “You know, you can tell me everything, though I already had an idea what it is for now.” Amber ruffled his hair and arranged it by combing it backwards with his hand.

Since the latter didn’t respond, Zack continued, “It’s about Krystal, right?” Amber took off his eyes from the sky and looked at his brother, only to see the guy giving him a worried expression.

Amber lowered his head for a minute before looking back at his brother’s eyes. “Please, keep this talk only between the two of us for now, Zack” He said seriously. The older one nodded in response.