Kai's Threat And Amber's Solitude

My Star

Luna’s POV

We finally reached our home, and so are the girls. While going inside, I observed Amber and Krystal’s face. I can say that their moods are both negative. I then looked at Sulli, who also looked at me. We didn’t say anything. Just exchanging the same expression … worried.

When we got inside the house, we were welcomed by laughs and giggles coming from the kitchen.

“We’re home!” Taeyeon, Yuri and Sooyoung yelled, which distracted the two’s attention from each other to us. “Oh, welcome back! How’s the outing?” Victoria-noona came to us with a warm, motherly smile. “It’s great, Victoria-unnie!”, “We have bought souvenirs for you two since you both didn’t able to come with us!” Nicole and Seohyun replied.

Zack-hyung also came towards us with his famous dorky smile. “Yeah, you all did buy TOO many souvenirs.” Sarcastic yet playfully said by Zack which made him earned a smack from Taeyeon and Yuri. “It’s not souvenirs but shopping items of misery from Jessica/Tiffany!” They both yelled together, and in just a second, the two are already on the ground because Tiffany and Jessica-noona kicked their shins, HARD.

“Misery, huh? Then how about I show you the true misery, what do you say?” Jessica coldly said while showing her notorious ice glares that made the two shiver. We’re all laughing at them, but me, and Sulli stopped when we saw Amber go upstairs. Krystal goes after. They’re both silent and I’m sure that their mood won’t change so quickly.

Sulli goes to my side and held my hand. “Let’s just leave them alone for now. The most suitable way that we can do for now is to make a plan and help them later, just like what we did to HyoNic, ok?” Sulli’s dedication to help her friend made me smile.

“So what happened to Amber and Krystal? Can the two of you explain to me?” A calm yet serious tone coming from behind made us jump a little. We looked back, only to see Zack-hyung with his arms crossed. “O-okay, but can we talk on a much quieter place? We don’t want them to know about this, especially Jessica-noona.” I requested. He only nodded and pointed out way to the garden.

“I’ll talk to Victoria first and you two will wait for me in the garden.” With that, he left us behind. I can feel cold sweat emitting from my forehead. “I hope he won’t get angry on what we’re about to tell him. I really don’t want to talk nor see Zack when he’s angry.” I said while wiping away the beads of sweat over my forehead. “Why?” Sulli asked as she stared at me. I sighed, “You don’t wanna know.”

Since we came to the garden with nothing to do but wait, we decided to sit down and just stare at the sky. About five minutes of waiting, Zack finally showed up with a much calmer look. “Vic agreed that she’ll finish the cooking by herself and we have a total of twenty minutes to talk privately, so if you two don’t mind … please start talking.” I swallowed a big lump of saliva and cleared my throat. “I-I’ll start at the time when we entered the amusement park. We’re secretly follow them.”

(Flashback: Earlier at the Magic Mountain amusement park…)

We paid for our entrance fee and ride tickets. Sulli is the one who’s looking out for Amber and Krystal.

Once we found them, we secretly lurk behind the two. We ride what they rode and we play what they played. We’re having fun while spying them, and we’re so delight to see them so happy with each other. After hours of having fun, the two stopped at a playground. They’re just chit-chatting when we all heard a loud scream and shouts nearby. While Amber and Krystal followed the noise, Sulli and I go beside a game stall and hide there.

We looked around and saw a big stage. ‘Probably a stage-play for the kids.’ I thought. We kept on looking from here and there when our eyes stopped at Amber and Krystal, and some guys. We walk a little closer and in a rear view, we had recognized the guys’ faces. “It’s Kai and the other EXO members. What are they doing here?” I asked to no one.  Sulli, too, is confused.

We can’t hear anything they’re talking about but I can see Amber and Krystal’s face slowly turning into a shocked one. After the talk, Amber seemed to whisper something to Krystal then he left her. Kai followed him. “Let’s go there. Just act like we’re also here to have fun.” Sulli said. “Okay, but you go to Krystal. I’m going to follow Amber first.” I said which she agreed on immediately.

Sulli goes to Krystal, waving her hands at the latter to notice her. “Krystal! Yahoo, it’s me, Sulli!” I heard her yelled as she ran near the Jung. They start chatting while I kept on walking at the path Amber took. I stopped when I saw him getting pinned on the wall by Kai. I was about to go near and stop him when my conscience told me not to. I just decided to get near them without being noticed. When my distance is just right for me to clearly hear and see them, I stopped.

“You punk, do you think I’m blind or stupid?! You go away from my girlfriend if you don’t want to be beaten up.” Kai kept on pushing Amber over the walk and I can clearly see Amber wince in pain. “I’ll be watching you. You better leave Krystal right now if I were you! And one more thing … you can never take Krystal away from me so get lost.” With one more hard push, Kai finally left Amber, who just kept quiet the whole time.

Once Kai is nowhere near from us, I immediately go to Amber’s aid. “Bro, are you okay?! Can you move or you need some assistance?!” He didn’t answer. Instead, he held my collar and stared at me eyes. “Did you hear everything he said? Be honest with me!” I furiously shook my head. “Good.” He stood up and acted like nothing happened. “Hey, you’re just gonna walk away like that?! You’re not gonna say anything to me?!” I yelled at him.

He looked back at me, and I swear this is the first time seeing him being so angry and cold. His dark orbs that used to be so intimidating, is now so devious and creepy. “If you’re going to say it like that then how you shut your mouth and don’t ever tell anyone about what happened?! It’s even much better if you act like nothing REALLY happened.” He turned his back against me, and before walking away, he said in a very low tone, “If you’re really my friend then do this for me as a favor … please.”

I sighed heavily before going beside him. “I will, Amber, but only if you explain everything to me.” He ignored me and walked much faster instead. ‘Please Amber, you’re so readable, to be honest, it’s hard to look at you now if you keep this.’ I thought as I follow him behind. We then met Sulli and Krystal. Jinri goes to my side and said goodbyes to the two. She pulled me pretty hard, making me stumbled a little. Once we’re quiet far from the two, Sulli whispered something to me.

“Krystal told me that her boyfriend, Kai, saw her and Amber together so she’s kind of worried. Is Amber-oppa okay? He looks kind of cold? What happened there?” I could only exhale heavily at her questions.

“Look, don’t tell Amber that I told you this okay?” She nodded. “Kai threatened my friend and Amber seemed to be hurt because Krystal is already taken.” Sulli gasped then looked down. “I-I’ll try to talk to Krys about this. Let’s just act like we don’t know anything, okay?” I agreed at her suggestion and joined the play.

The stage was for the EXO to perform for the children after all. Another hour has passed and we decided to go back. We all went back together with an awkward atmosphere around us. It came from Amber and Krystal. Unlike earlier, they’re so bubbly and happy with each other, but after the unexpected encounter with Kai. They’re more like stranger. No words being uttered and no conversation are being started to any of the two.

(End of flashback…)

“Even now, none of them are talking.” I’m looking down and was prepared for anything Zack might say or do, but I didn’t receive anything except a long sigh. I raised my head and saw a slight smile. “I guess my brother is growing up, huh? Don’t worry. I’ll take it from him for now and will teach him a lesson. You two just do what Amber asked you to. I’ll deal with him alone later. Thank you for worrying at those two.” He showed us his smile. “We got it.”