A Pleasant Surprise

I love you, goodbye...

CHAPTER 2

Mrs. Lee's POV:

We decided to go shopping for some groceries. Since my HUSBAND has devoured everything in the fridge! It was time to choose foods that are rich in nutrients. Not only for me, but for our baby too. But what's the point in choosing carefully, if I'm gonna be craving for different foods anyway? Oh well... I'll just eat whatever comes to mind.

We finally arrive at the supermarket. My yeobo offered to push the shopping trolley. Now that's a first. He'd always complain whenever I told him to push it.

I love being pregnant. Especially when you get to boss your husband around.

"You know what Yeobo?" He asked.

"What?" I said, smiling at his cutness...

"If our baby is a girl, I bet she'll be as beautiful as her mother..."

I roll my eyes...

"And your point is?" I said sarcastically...

"Nothing... I just felt like saying it..."

"Sure... We all know that you want me to say that if our baby is a boy, he'll look as handsome as his father..."

"Hmm... actually, make that HOT..." He said with a smirk on his face.

I gave him a little smack on his arm.

"Ow! Yeobo! That hurt!" He said while holding his arm.

*sigh* Why do you have to be so cute Yeobo? I though to myself...

We walk through every aisle, grabbing anything we need along the way. We then make our way to the counter. After all the groceries have been scanned and paid for, we make our way out of the supermarket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While walking to the car, we run into a very familiar person...

It was my best friend. We haven't seen each other for years, since she moved to America to finish her studies. She does fine arts and it was her dream to become a famour artist.

Ever since she left, we never had any communication.

We were both so glad to see each other. Obviously resulting in tears of joy...

"Eunkyung-ah!" (Mrs. Lee's name) she called out...

"Soojin-ah! (Her best friend's name) I yelled out as I ran up to her to give her a hug.

My husband followed behind.

"Yeobo! You remember Soojin right?"

"Of course I do. We were in the same history class... Nice to meet you again Soojin-ah!" He said with a warming smile... He has never seen me this happy before...

"Yeobo?? Wait... are you guys MARRIED?" said Soojin with a confused face.

"Uhh...yeah, we got married when you were still in America. I tried contacting you, but unfortunately I couldn't..." I said with a sad expression on my face.

"No, no...don't feel bad. It was my fault I never got a chance to contact you guys." she smiled... "So...Sangmin-ah (Mr. Lee's name), you married my best friend after all! You better be taking care of her, or else you're dead meat!" Soojin gave him the evils, and we all laughed at this.

"Of course I am.." He then put his hands around my waist from behind. He then continues... "Especially now, we have a new member of the Lee Family"

Soojin paused for a moment. She didn't quite get what he meant. I giggled at her thinking face...

"New member? Eunkyung-ah, you're...PREGNANT! Said Soojin with a very shocked expression on her face...

I nodded...

"Wow! That's great! Congratulations!!" Soojin hugged me again...

"We just found out yesterday..." I said.

"I am so happy for you guys!"

Suddenly, we heard someone calling from behind Soojin...

"Yeobo, the car is ready. Shall we go?" Said a man as he came up beside Soojin...

My husband and I had no idea who he was, until Soojin finally spoke.

"Ok. But before we go, I want you to meet my best friend Eunkyung. Guys this is my husband, Junghwa. We met in America and then came back here to get married."

"Soojin-ah! You're married too!?" I said with so much joy.

"Sure am!" Said Soojin.

"Hi! Nice to meet my wife's best friend! Said Junghwa as he shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you too! Oh, and this is my husband Sangmin."

"Nice to meet you too Sangmin-ssi!"

"It's a pleasure to meet you too!"

The two shake hands. Soojin and I were so glad that our husbands got along well...

"So are you guys staying here in Korea for good?" I asked.

"Uhh, yeah...we have decided to settle down here. We were actually on our way to look for a house. We don't have one yet. We're staying at my parent's place for now until we find a place to live..." said Soojin.

She looked quite sad. They must be having trouble finding a home.

I looked at my husband. It's like we could read each other's mind. We both new what to do.

"Soojin-ah, why not live with us? Our home has 3 bedrooms. It would be nice to have more company." I said.

"But, Eunkyung-ah..." She said with hesitation.

"Don't be embarrased. You're my best friend. The house is already paid off, so you don't have to pay a thing..."

She looked at Junghwa. They both hesitated, but they decided to accept the offer. It was the best thing they could do at the moment.

"Thankyou! Thankyou so much! You really saved us!! Soojin hugged me again. She started crying once more... It was like a huge load just got lifted off her shoulders...

"Anything for my bestie... So, when do you guys plan to move in?"

"Umm... would it be alright if we started tomorrow? Asked Junghwa.

"Sure! No problem. We'll come over early tomorrow morning to help you guys move." I said with a smile.