It's called, 'Common Sense'

I love you, goodbye...

 CHAPTER 4

 Mr. Lee's POV:

 *briiiiiiinnnggggg*

 I quickly reached for the alarm clock to turn it off before my yeobo wakes up. She moved a little, turning my actions into slow motion. Thankfully, she goes back to sleep. *phew* That was close. I'm safe... for now I guess. I was still half asleep. I never wake up at 5.30 in the morning. I'm more of a 'sleep all day' type of person. I carefully slipped out from under the covers, but I was held back by a hand holding onto my shirt. Snap, I thought she was asleep. If you haven't noticed, my ninja skills are very poor.

 "Where are you going?" She said with her eyes still closed as she snuggled closer to me, wrapping her hands around my arm. So this is what people always say. Once your wife is pregnant, they become rather, clingy... But who cares. I like clingy.

 "Huh? Oh, I was just umm..."

 Think Sangmin, think!

 "I was just going to use the bathroom yeobo. You can go back to sleep now. I'll be back in a sec..." Lie. Someone punch me. I hate lying to her.

 "Mmm... Okay. Come back quickly then..." She let go of me and went back to sleep. This time I'm sure of it, because she let out some soft snores. *sigh* That cuteness is gonna drive me crazy one day for sure. I leaned in and kissed her forehead before I slowly tiptoed out of the room.

 Junghwa was waiting for me in the hallway. Wow, looks like it wasn't hard for him to escape his sleeping beauty. Smooth, very smooth.

 Yesterday, we planned a little 'surprise' for the ladies. We decided to wake up early so that there's time to fix any mistakes. After all, we aren't such good cooks. Yes, you heard me right. We were going to make them breakfast.

 "Bro, how did you sneak out so easily?" I asked, still amazed at how he got out of there so quickly.

 "Coz I'm ninja." He said with a smirk.

 I rolled my eyes. "Pshh yeah, whatever Jackie Chan... So, what are we making? Any ideas?" To be honest, I was completely blank.

 My knowledge about food: you eat it. But cooking it? Haha, funny. Verrrrry funny. Note the sarcasm.

 The last time I cooked, I almost set the whole town on fire. Believe me, it's not fun running to and from the swimming pool carrying bucket loads of water, with your evil brother just watching you from the sidelines. My parents nearly kicked me out that day. Oh the memories. Good thing I'm married now.

 Junghwa looked just as blank as I did. No wonder why we just ordered pizza the other day. Now that my friends, is what you call smart thinking.

 "Well, there's bacon and eggs?" He suggested.

 "Dude, you know how terrible I am at cracking eggs. I don't want my wife to choke from egg shells. And besides, it's too common." I shook my head.

 "Then, we can try porridge or oatmeal?"

 "I hate oatmeal..." I really did. I don't know how people eat that stuff. When mixed with milk, it looks like runny mash potato. *puke*

 "Okay fine. How about sausages?"

 "Sausages? I don't think we have any in the fridge bro..."

 "Ugh! Then what do you have!" Junghwa was running out of ideas. Poor fellow...

 I thought for a while.

 "Well, we have cheese and bread and..."

 Our heads turned to each other, our eyes were wide open.

 "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked. I finally had an idea!

 "I think I am dude..." (haha... reference to 'bananas in pajamas')

 "CHEESE SANDWICHES!" We both said in unison while we high-fived in the air. My yeobo loved cheese sandwiches and Soojin loved them too! Why didn't we think of that earlier!

 I made my way to the pantry to grab the bread and the cheese, while Junghwa went to get the sandwich maker. There's nothing better than melted cheese oozing out from toasted bread. Mmmm... Okay, now I'm starving.

 After an hour of our so called 'cooking' (more like, 'let the sandwich maker do all the work'), we were done. We had made about eight sandwiches, just in case any of us want seconds. Now that, would be me. I'll happily eat it all within the blink of an eye.

 We also prepared some orange juice and hot chocolate with marshmallows on the side.

 Success! It wasn't '5 star' quality... But hey, at least we tried. Annnnnd, the house is still in tact. Good thing too, because I am never going through that horrifying experience ever again.

 As if on cue, we heard the sound of footsteps coming from the staircase. We turned off the lights and hide behind the counter. It wouldn't be a 'surprise' after all.

 "Hey Jin-ah, I smell cheese." I heard the sound of my wife's sweet and angelic voice.

 "Yeah, me too. Must be coming from the kitchen. Let's take a look." Soojin said.

 "By the way, where's Sangmin and Jungh-..."

 "SURPRISE!" We sprung out from behind the counter just as Soojin turned the light on.

 "Ahhhhh!" They squealed as they jumped in panic and hugged each other. After realizing it was just us, they gave us evil looks with their arms crossed. But their mood changed when they saw the sandwiches on the table.

 Junghwa and I couldn't help but crack up. It was too hilarious to play it cool. After our laughing fest, I walked over to my yeobo and wrapped my arms around her waist.

 "Do you like it? Personally made by Chef Lee right here." I was so proud of myself.

 "Hey! I made them too!"

 Whoops. Looks like I can't take all the credit.

 "Oh yeah, and Mr. Kwon over there."

 She looked at Soojin. It's like they had some sort of telepathic way of communicating with each other without talking. Impressive.

 "Like?" She giggled. "We love it! Thanks yeobo!" She said, quickly pecking my lips. Hmm, I think I can get used to this.

 "Well, since that's the case... Let's dig in!!"

 Her hand reached out to grab one, but Soojin stopped her. I saw her giving Soojin a 'what' look.

 "Kyung-ah, we can't be so sure that these are... edible." She said as she smirked at Junghwa.

 Junghwa brought a hand to his heart. "Ouch, that hurt yeobo. Do you really think I would poison you?"

 "Actually... yes." Soojin said in triumph.

 "Fine. If you ladies don't want to eat, then we'll eat them ourselves." Junghwa and I each grabbed a sandwich and took a bite.

 "See? It's not that ba-..." Oh my.

 At the speed of light, we both ran into the bathroom. Okay, I have to admit... That tasted, well... disgusting. No, not disgusting. More like, hmm... No words to describe it, coz it was that bad.

 We made our way back to the kitchen at the sight of the girls laughing. *sigh* Complete failure.

 "I think you boys didn't realize that the cheese is... 3 weeks off." Soojin said while waving the cheese packet in our faces. *facepalm* Ugh, why didn't I check the expiry date? Well, 'stupid' is my middle name. Not that I'm proud of it or anything.

 "It's okay guys. I'll think we'll take it from here." Soojin said as she threw the sandwiches away.

 "Don't feel bad yeobo. That was really sweet of you." My yeobo walked up to me and cupped my cheek.

 "Pshhh, yeah. 'Sweet' my face. We failed yeobo." I looked down at my feet in shame. I thought I did something right for once. Turns out, no. I was still a failure.

 She just stood there smiling at me. *sigh* Just seeing her smile makes me happy.

* * * * *

 Ohhhh! Poor Sangmin...

 Hope you guys didn't find this chapter weird. Why, you may ask? I've decided to use Mr. Lee's POV for a change. It's nice to see a bit of the guy's perspective every now and then:)

 You may be wondering why I haven't used Soojin's and Junghwa's POV. Well, you will hear from them soon! I just focused on the Lee Family for now.

 Thankyou for staying with me!