Boy or Girl?

I love you, goodbye...

 CHAPTER 5

 Mrs. Lee's POV:

 "Yeobo! Hurry up! We'll be late for our appointment!" I started banging hard on the bathroom door.

 "I'm coming! Just hold on a sec..." He sang through the door.

 Ugh. How long does this guy take? What is he even doing in there? He's been in there for more than an hour! I have officially proven that guys do take longer to get ready. Ha! One point for the ladies! *sigh* Or maybe I was just too excited. Excited for what you may ask?

 Today we were going to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl. Dan dan dannnnnnnn! My stomach did look bigger now. It's sad how I can't wear my tight fitting clothes anymore. I liked how they showed off my curves. Sad, so sad. I guess, that's the consequence of being pregnant. But I didn't mind. All I wanted was for our baby to be healthy... and cute of course. Haha...

 Soojin and Junghwa are just as excited. They've decided to come with us on our little 'shopping spree' to buy things for our baby. This was a big day ahead of us...

 After what seemed like forever, he finally came out of the bathroom. I just stood there with my arms folded across my chest as I stared at him evily.

 "Sorry. I was just fixing something..."

 "Fixing what? Your hair?... Pshh, you know it doesn't take a whole lifetime to do your hair. Unless you're Rapunzel, which I'm pretty sure isn't you..." Note the sarcasm.

 He laughed. "I know, I know. But I wasn't fixing my hair yeobo. I was fixing this..." He pulled me inside the bathroom and showed me the back of the door. It was a height chart. It was really colourful and covered in pictures of baby animals. I couldn't help but smile. He was really thinking about the future of our baby.

 "When our baby is born, we'll mark 'his or her' *cough cough* height here every month. I even bought a stool for toilet training." He said as he smiled at me and pointed to the stool beside the toilet. I have to admit, after hearing that... I couldn't be mad at him anymore.

 "Forgiven." I said as I smiled back up at him.

 "I knew you couldn't stand being mad at me." He smirked at me.

 "Whatever with a capital 'W'..." I said while making the letter with my fingers. He laughed again.

 Soon after, I heard Soojin calling from downstairs.

 "Kyung-ah! The car's ready! Are you guys going to come down or what?!" Wow, she sure is bossy. One of the things I like about her... sometimes.

 "Yeah! We'll be right there!" I called back.

 We made our way down and hopped into the car. Junghwa was our driver for the day since he thinks Sangmin will run us into a tree or something, due to his 'hyperness' (if that's even a word). Of course we didn't want that to happen any time soon.

 It was a 20 minute drive to the medical centre. And believe me, that was the longest 20 minutes of my life! Sangmin and I were like little kids sitting in the back seat yelling out: "Are we there yet?!", over and over again. It was surprising how Soojin and Junghwa weren't annoyed. They just laughed at us the whole time.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made it to the medical centre just under 20 minutes. I guess Junghwa picked up the pace a little, which I really thank him for. We all hurried inside and sat in the waiting room. After a while, we were called in... for the second time.

 "Hello again Mr. and Mrs. Lee! Nice to see you again! How's the baby? I see the evidence now." Dr. Kang said whilst looking at the small hump starting to appear on my stomach.

 "We've been well Doc..." I said as I smiled back at him.

 "That's good to hear!"

 The room was silent for a moment.

 "Well, I'm guessing that you guys are dying to know something huh?" We just nodded quickly. There wasn't any time for words right now. We were just too excited!

 Dr. Kang laughed as he started looking through his drawers. The tension was building up in the room. My palms were all sweaty. I could tell Sangmin was nervous too. The corner of his eye twitched a little. He does that when he's nervous. And how did I know that? Coz I'm his wife. Duhhhh!

 Dr. Kang finally pulled out an envelope. He handed it over to Sangmin this time.

 He was frozen. He just stared at the envelope like it was a bomb ready to explode.

 "Yeobo? Can you open it now?" I asked impatiently.

 He gulped and opened the envelope. He read it first. As he read the paper he started to smile. The suspense was killing me!

 "Yes yeobo? What does it say?" I was sweating even more.

 "We're..."

 "Yes? Yes WHAT!?" I was losing control now.

 "We're going to have a junior." He finally said. About time really...

 Junior? Well, that can only mean one thing.

 "You mean..." I said asking for his confirmation.

 "Your baby is a boy Mrs Lee! Congratulations once again!" Dr. Kang said, shaking our hands with excitement.

 My baby was a boy! A mini version of my husband. I smiled at the thought of that.

 He hugged me.

 "It's a boy! We're going to have a baby boy!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. I know he wouldn't mind having a girl. But I also know, that a boy would make him even happier.

 With that, we left the room to share the news with Soojin and Junghwa.

 "Is it a girl? Please be a girl. It's a girl right?" Soojin asked impatiently. She was really looking forward to having a little sister. She's an 'only child' after all. Junghwa on the other hand, was hoping for the total opposite. Obviously...

 "Nahh... It's definitely a boy. Look at Sangmin." He gestured to look at him.

 Sangmin had the biggest smile on his face.

 "Dude relax. Your mouth might just fall off sooner of later." Junghwa continued, and we all laughed at this.

 "So it's a boy?" Soojin asked again.

 I nodded.

 "Oh my! That's great! Well, it would've been greater if it was a girl. But still, congrats guys!" She yelled as she hugged me tight.

 "Whoa, WHOA! Easy now..." Sangmin immediately broke us apart. "You're squishing him." He said while touching my stomach. I rolled my eyes at this.

 "Whatever with a capital 'W'..." Soojin said. I laughed as she also did the same gesture I did before.

 "Oh geez... You even talk like her. I see why you guys are best friends now..." Sangmin said to Soojin.

 "Yup! That's right!" Soojin said in triumph.

 "Okay, okay guys... Enough of this. Let's get to the shopping for our little hero." Junghwa said, clearly excited to go shopping. Wow... shocking.

 "Junghwa's right guys. We need to get going before it gets dark." I was actually really excited too. I couldn't wait to pick out my baby's clothes! And the crib, room decor and basically EVERYTHING!

 We all headed out to the car and drove off to the shopping centre.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[At the Shopping Centre]

 "Hey yeobo, how about this?" He asked me as he held up a cute pair of blue overalls.

 My eyes widened in awe.

 "Oh my! That is sooooo cute! Yes! We must get that yeobo..." I took the overalls and added it to the trolley.

 "Kyung-ah! Look at these!" Soojin ran up to me carrying a load of stuff toys. I don't know how she ran with all those toys blocking her face. I wanted to take them all, but some were too big to fit in the trolley. So I just grabbed one big one and several smaller ones. Junghwa soon arrived with a large box.

 "He's soooo gonna love this!" He turned the box around showing us a remote controlled car. My yeobo was happy with his choice as he took the box.

 "Ummm yeobo? He's too young to be playing with that. He will obviously love my toys waaaaay better." Soojin gave Junghwa a smirk.

 He rolled his eyes. "Yeobo, boys obviously like cars better than stuffed animals." He returned the smirk to Soojin. They blabbered on for a few more minutes. Sangmin and I just stood there, amused at the little 'cat and dog' fight in front of us.

 At last they finally stopped. It's a shame really. I would've grabbed a pair of bean bags and some popcorn if it lasted a little longer.

 "Geez people... I can't even imagine what it would be like when you guys become parents. No, I don't even want to imagine it..." Sangmin said shaking his head.

 They blushed.

 Blushed aye?

 Which got me thinking...

 "Hey Jin-ah, is there something you're supposed to tel-..."

 "Oh! Room decor! I almost forgot!" Soojin cut me off as she ran away to another section.

 "Ye-yeah! She's right!" Junghwa said as he followed her straight after.

 Now that's strange. They seemed... nervous? I turned to Sangmin.

 "Okkkkayyyyy then... what was that all about?" I said, a little confused about what just happened. Sangmin looked pretty lost himself. Hmm, I wonder...

 We followed them to the room decor section. But we hid behind one of the walls. I know, it's rude to be eavesdropping. But hey... as her best friend, I needed to know.

 "Yeobo, you think we were too obvious?" Soojin asked Junghwa.

 "Well, I don't know really. We were kind of acting weird." Junghwa said as he scratched the back of his head. Why was he nervous? I couldn't get my mind around this.

 "Yeah I know. But I feel bad hiding this from Kyung. She's my best friend." Wait. Hiding? What was she hiding from me?

 "It's okay to tell her yeobo. We just wanted to surprise them remember? We just have to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl and..."

 "Aha! I knew it!" I yelled as I jumped out from behind the wall. Junghwa and Soojin were so shocked, they jumped a little at the sound of my voice.

 "Ky-kyung! I'll explain everything! Please don't be mad!" She looked really worried. I just couldn't hold my laughter. I laughed so hard, that my baby would've thought: 'Geez, why is it so loud up there!'

 After I stopped laughing, I took a moment to catch my breath.

 "Why on earth would I be mad at you? Well, maybe I would be a little mad for not telling me. But Jin-ah, your pregnant! I couldn't be happier!" She was about to say something but I stopped her with a hug.

 "Hey, congrats bro! Good going..." Sangmin gave Junghwa a brotherly hug.

 "I knew this would happen sooner or later! I mean, you guys can't remain 'childless' forever." Sangmin continued. Junghwa scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

 "We just wanted to keep it a surprise until we found out if it was a girl or a boy... It's only been a week since we found out that I was pregnant." Soojin finally spoke up. She still looked a bit worried.

 "Hey, don't be like that Jin-ah. Isn't it exciting? We'll be raising our children together!" She smiled at my words.

 "So I guess this calls for a celebration guys! Double baby shower!" Sangmin yelled out, gaining a bit of attention from the people passing by.

 Surprise after surprise... *sigh* I feel like I could die a peaceful death. Well, not really. I obviously don't want to die yet. But still, I was happy. My life was showing positive signs for the future. I hope so...

* * * * *

Soooooo.... there goes chapter 5! A little glimpse of the future babies. Any guesses? Haha