Bronze

Cor Carmina
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes silence is the best music, and pain is the best feeling. 

 

“A-appa-” Jonghyun whispers. “Umma?” Kibum sits up, rubbing his eyes. “Jjong? What-”

Jonghyun’s mother and father give their son a hard look, and leaves, slamming the door behind them. “-” Jonghyun scrambles out of bed, struggling to put on his clothes. “Kibum, hurry,” he gasps, and flees out of the room.

Kibum blearily stumbles out of bed, and gets dressed.

“Kim Jonghyun.” His father says, staring at his son’s ragged, just-out-of-bed appearance.

“I can expla-”

Slap.

Jonghyun’s head snaps to the side, tears forming in his eyes, to look at a wide-eyed Kibum who had just come out of the room.

“I do not need an explanation.” His father snaps. “What I see is more than enough.”

“Appa, please-”

“Shut up.” His father says. “Running away from home to come to your grandmother’s filthy house. Sending your filthy songs to a record label.  Sleeping with another filthy-”

“Yah!” Kibum suddenly explodes. “Shut up, you pathetic excuse for a huma-”

 “Son-in-law.” Mrs Cho suddenly says, emerging from her room. “It is too noisy. I am an old woman, after all. I need my sleep. Please leave, now. Take your wife along.”

“Mother-”

“I said, leave. I want to go back to bed.”

“You.” Jonghyun’s father addressed his son. “You are no longer my son.”

“I never was.”

He raises his hand to slap Jonghyun again, but Kibum grabs his wrist. “I think she told you to leave. You can’t just come in here and make such a ruckus, you know.”

Jonghyun’s father glares at Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter