2/5

Not Your Fault
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are a lot of things that Chanwoo hopes Yunhyeong would understand.

One of them is his feelings.

 

It’s  only two weeks after Oh Daeun texted Yunhyeong and their relationship has been escalated very quickly since then. From what Yunhyeong mentioned as ‘congratulation message’ now has been upgraded into attending their show. This is the first time for him to get a non-family visitor and not only Chanwoo, all s are surprised as well.

“Is that his other relatives?” Donghyuk asked, pointing to a girl with dark blue blouse, cream pencil skirt, and pair of black high heels that sat beside Yunhyeong. They both look happy and somehow matched. What caught Chanwoo’s attention is the way red blush creepily blooms on Yunhyeong's cheeks whenever the girl taps his shoulder, probably after Yunhyeong threw his 80’s joke to her.

Chanwoo doesn’t know why he doesn’t really like it.

“But that doesn’t seem like it is,” Donghyuk still thinks hard, crossing his arms in front of his chest. To which, Chanwoo only shrugs his shoulder and goes to the food corner for entertaining himself instead.

There are cups of jjajang spaghetti, ramyeon, and instant kimchi jjigae provided on the table. He randomly took out the cup of jjajang spaghetti, opening the lid, and cut all the seasoning wraps to pour it all on his cup. He has no idea of why he’s doing this because all the time he only stares to the blank space and thinking hard.

 

He thinks of why he doesn’t like Yunhyeong being happy.

He thinks of why recently he had serious thumps inside his chest everytime Yunhyeong said he chose Chanwoo over Daeun.

He thinks of why he pulls himself from Yunhyeong these days after Daeun getting closer to Yunhyeong.

As much as he wants to think, Chanwoo wants to keep himself a simple minded as he usually is. He finally concluded that he just doesn’t like it when his best friend is being stolen. He doesn’t want to find out more because things are sometimes would be completely less complicated when he doesn’t know anything.

 

“You know that’s not how you make it,” a voice and tap on shoulder pulls Chanwoo back to reality when he finally realises that he had been staring blankly for too long. He looks at his side to see the owner of the voice and somehow he managed to look normal, even though he swore that his stomach would like to throw up. It’s Yunhyeong.

The latter chuckles before throwing Chanwoo’s jjajang spagetti to the trash bin and taking out another one. He carefully pours the warm water inside, drain it, then put all the seasoning to the soaked noodles. He hums to 2NE1’s Falling in Love while showing his chopstick skills in mixing the noodles.

“You’re always really bad at cooking,” Yunhyeong holds the cup in front of Chanwoo. He should’ve just taken it but instead, Chanwoo stares blankly again at his cup.

“T-thanks,” he mumbles before taking it from Yunhyeong’s hand. He heaved an unclear sigh that suddenly makes Yunhyeong’s expression changed. The latter puts his palm on Chanwoo’s forehead and takes concern too on his neck. This touches strangely gave Chanwoo a cold sensation that made him shiver to his spine. He would really like to slap Yunhyeong’s hand away and threw a joke that push Yunhyeong’s fear away like he usually does but instead, he just stands still as if all his systems stop working.

“Are you sick?”

“N-no,” he quickly responds before inhaling some air again. Oh please brain, you need to work properly!

Yunhyeong crossed his arms to find out the strange acts that were put by Chanwoo but before he could start talking, Chanwoo knew best that he shouldn’t add some more weirdness to make Yunhyeong worry.

“Daeun-ssi, isn’t she still there?” he started the conversation while pulling out a chair near them for him to sit. He is silently thankful for having other distraction from seeing Yunhyeong because his noodle needs some blow to make it edible to eat.

Yunhyeong’s expression changed rather quickly listening to the topic that Chanwoo brought. He also pulls a metal chair behind him and comfortably sits with his legs crossed on Chanwoo’s lap. Just like the way they used to do.

“No, she needs to go to college,” Yunhyeong sheepishly smiles. Blush started to creep out again but this time Chanwoo chuckles.

“Chanwoo, do you think that she likes me back? Do you think she finally understands the signal I’ve been sending for years?” Yunhyeong’s face is still as tomato as ever. He palms his cheeks and buries himself there, “I must be very red,” he blabbered more, typical Yunhyeong when he gets nervous.

Chanwoo only smiles but his heart betrayed him so bad. He doesn’t know why there’s this breaking pieces inside of him. His inside is burning, crying, and shattering. He started to think that he needs to see a doctor for checking if something’s wrong with his body.

 

“She’s been going all the way here, how could you still doubt her?” Chanwoo eats his first mouthful of noodles and couldn’t figure out why it does taste bitter in his mouth.

 

 

There are lots of time when the unspoken truth finally is revealed one by one. And that’s mostly coming when they sleep together.

But recently those secrets are never there anymore. The nights Chanwoo and Yunhyeong shared now would only be filled by Yunhyeong’s endless stories about Daeun, and Chanwoo would only listen to him carefully. He hugs Yunhyeong tighter and snugs deeper to his chest when the latter talks while silently counting imaginary sheeps to sleep so that he would not listen to things that ache him inside.

Chanwoo still doesn’t know why.

 

 

Saturday night would probably always be the best night for iKON members. They would have movie marathon and sleep on the mat they sprawled in front of television. They don’t have the exact arrangement of sleeping space but none of them ever change the spot that they slept in. Chanwoo would always be on Yunhyeong’s side, Jinhwan and Junhoe would be on the edge of the mat, Donghyuk and Hanbin would be in the center, while Bobby will sprawl on anywhere he wants (mostly having different position than the others).

Before having the movie marathon, Chanwoo and Donghyuk would prepare late night snacks in the kitchen while other members are chatting each other in living room. They mostly talk about performance, music, family, and things they currently are attracted to.

“Yunhyeong is currently in love,” Bobby opened a conversation, landing a pillow to Yunhyeong’s face that got reddened.

“Don’t date..” Hanbin hurrily responded using the voice of Yang Hyun Seok in his words, making everyone in the room laugh hard.

Donghyuk and Chanwoo later joined them with plates of meat and gochujang sauce in the middle. Soon, the plates are being the center of attention while the talks they just talked are thrown nowhere, forgotten

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter