3/5

Not Your Fault
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are few things that Jung Chanwoo hates in this world.

One of them is Yunhyeong’s sadness.

 

It’s been months after Yunhyeong and Daeun’s story, now both have officially became an item for a month. Yunhyeong is really nothing but precious boyfriend to Daeun. At night, he would sing Daeun to sleep through the phone and make sure to wake up before her for greeting ‘Good Morning’. That was a tough and tiring relationship since both are having rare chance to meet each other. However, Yunhyeong is persistence to keep it real because he said this has been one of his long awaited dreams after debuting.

As Yunhyeong and Daeun get closer to each other, Chanwoo is pulling himself apart from Yunhyeong to avoid what he mentioned as 'something more'. He still hardly accepts his feelings towards Yunhyeong and the whole Yunhyeong’s lovey dovey rhymes that suddenly happened would only add salt on his pain. There’s no more talks at night because Yunhyeong would be busy singing lullaby. There’s no more hugs and arms tightened to keep each other secured because Chanwoo would always sleep first. The top of bunk bed that used to be empty now is filled with Chanwoo’s presence.

Part of Chanwoo’s heart feels sad, yet the rest of it feels relieved because he didn’t need to control his thumps and breathes whenever Yunhyeong is near. He also hopes that it would be a therapy for him to have his feelings ‘normal’ towards Yunhyeong.

What Chanwoo fails to understand is that loving someone is never an illness.

Yet he was just 19 years old boy that fears to be a delicious object for his peers.

“Chanwoo,” Yunhyeong calls through the darkness. Even though he can’t see Chanwoo, he could feel that the boy is still awake through the movements he made on his bed.

Chanwoo shuts his eyes silently, hesitating either to answer or not. He was about mouthing the word ‘Yes’ when finally decided to close his already parted lips. He thought that it’s better this way, decreasing the frequency of communication between them for getting everything back to ‘normal’ sooner.

Yunhyeong sighs after some minutes not getting any answer from Chanwoo. He starts thinking that the younger have slept soundly on his bed. Yunhyeong pulls his blanket closer to his chin and looks up to the bed above him, wondering of why did he feel strange lately. As much as he likes to be united with Daeun, he can’t hide the emptiness feeling in his heart that couldn’t even be filled with Daeun. Yunhyeong has wandered and thought for couple of times yet never got the real answer that satisfies him. He looks at his side and remembers how Chanwoo used to curl up in his embrace. That night, he suddenly missed it.

“It feels weird sleeping without you,” he pats the blank space beside him, “…why are you growing up so fast?” Yunhyeong asked, reminisced the reason Chanwoo gave him when he decided to sleep separately. Chanwoo said that he’s a grown up now and it feels funny to be hugged while sleeping.

Of course, it’s a made up lie.

“I miss you, maknae,” he said before shutting his eyes and falls deep into his sleep.

Chanwoo on the other hand can’t sleep, hands are intertwined together on his chest as he whispered something that Yunhyeong wouldn't hear.

 

"I miss you too, hyung,"

 

 

Since the day both dated, no day ever goes without a smile from Yunhyeong. His mood has increased a lot and it makes the members lighten up too. Chanwoo noticed the escalated mood always happens after Yunhyeong checked his phone which Chanwoo assumes that it must be from Daeun. Chanwoo always loves the way Yunhyeong’s smile grows everytime he got message from Daeun. He grows a lot of types of smiles that Chanwoo could predict by seeing the movement of Yunhyeong’s eyes. Even though Yunhyeong’s seepish smile is always Chanwoo’s favorite, doesn’t mean that he didn’t like Yunhyeong’s other smiles any less.

Today is no different. All members except Chanwoo and Yunhyeong were going to YG Building for recording. Both men are spending their leisure time by laying on the couch watching television since they’ve finished their recording session yesterday. Yunhyeong’s hands are busy with his phone, while Chanwoo carefully peels oranges on table and sometimes peeks Yunhyeong over the corner of his eyes in which he could see his different smile again. Chanwoo silently chuckles, strangely could gather happiness and strength for himself from Yunhyeong’s smiles.

Beep.

Another tone from Yunhyeong’s phone, yet this one is longer than usual. For the first time in ten minutes, Chanwoo directly diverts his attention to the source of the sounds instead of peeking over the corner of his eyes to clearly see Yunhyeong hangs on the phone.

“Yes, mom,” Yunhyeong answered.

The next seconds that happened, Yunhyeong’s face fell off to floor, body trembled, tears start falling, and Chanwoo swore he could see the dark cloud trails behind.

 

 

It was his sister.

Yunhyeong’s sister is suffered from Chronic Kidney Disease since two years ago and now she's on the last stage of her disease. It’s been three days since she’s hospitalized and the second day for Chanwoo accompanied Yunhyeong to watch over his sister. Doctor said that both her kidneys were disfunctioned and the only way to save her is by getting kidney donor for her. She’s been listed to the ‘waiting list’ for getting kidney yet actually Yunhyeong’s sister couldn’t wait anymore.

Yunhyeong has tried to donor but barely passed the test. Same goes to his parents in which both of them didn’t even pass the age requirement. Yunhyeong’s dad currently seeks help from the other family members yet so far no one would volunteer because losing one kidney apparently has been a scary thought for everyone. Especially after reading the post-effect of kidney donor. Right now, the only way to save her is only by dialysis which eat up quite large amount of money.

“You should go back,” Yunhyeong said, taking a seat beside Chanwoo on the bed that provided in visitor’s room after walking Daeun to the parking lot. Oh Daeun is also regularly visiting Yunhyeong to give him mental support and Chanwoo silently thanked her for being there when Yunhyeong is in hard time.

“I have nothing to do at dorm,” Chanwoo’s forehead creased in disagreement.

Yunhyeong chuckles softly and starts patting the younger’s head, “..but Bobby would miss his natural enemy if you’re here,”

Chanwoo would completely be honest that right now is probably the time that he’d been missing with Yunhyeong. When his touch is being magical to soothe him down and made him feel very safe.

He lightly taps Yunhyeong’s hand and throws it aside, “Hyung, I’m nearly adult,” he said playfully by emphasizing the word ‘nearly’, yet at heart actually he just wants to put his feeling for Yunhyeong away by avoiding any skin contact.

The older’s smile grows wider and ruffles Chanwoo’s head even harder, “I got it, I got it, man. You’re nearly adult, okay? Doesn’t mean you’re adult and free to lecture me!” he laughs and locks Chanwoo’s head in his arms for some seconds.

“H-h-hyung,” Chanwoo hardly breathes but Yunhyeong has no mercy when it comes to the maknae. He heartily laughs and actually doesn’t know why this kind of activity would lift up the weight of his sadness away. He keeps teasing Chanwoo until the younger attacked him back and uncontrollably made Yunhyeong sprawled which then Chanwoo falls off on top of him. Eyes to eyes, nose to nose, lips to lips. They’re only some inches away towards each other and suddenly the laughs stop, replaced by sudden silence as Yunhyeong wraps around Chanwoo’s back when their noses lightly brush.

Chanwoo was taken aback by Yunhyeong’s impromptu action. Chanwoo starts avoiding eye-contact with him by throwing his sight to somewhere else while Yunhyeong is still holding onto him, somehow doesn’t want to let him go.

For a moment, Yunhyeong regrets his decision for not learning science seriously when he was at school because now he needs a scientific explanation for the irregular breathes and pounds on his chest.

“Chanwoo..,” he didn’t know why he just realised that Chanwoo’s eyes are bright and beautiful.

“SONG YUNHYEONG-SSI!” knocks on the door pulled both of them to reality. Chanwoo and Yunhyeong quickly separated each other and stand up awkwardly before Yunhyeong pulls the door to see the panic nurse outside. Chanwoo is behind him, scratching the back of his neck.

“Song Eunjung-ssi…,” the nurse expressed a sadness before reaching Yunhyeong’s arms to pat the brother of patient’s.

Yunhyeong suddenly falls on his knees after the nurse’s explanation.

 

 

It’s been a week after Yunhyeong’s sister is hospitalized.

There’s no improvement at all in her condition. She hasn’t got the donor and Yunhyeong’s parents start to get broke after the whale amount of hospital’s fee. Yunhyeong helped them seeking for debts to pay it off and Chanwoo saw Yunhyeong begged to Yang Hyun Seok this morning to help him.

 

 

Nine days after Yunhyeong’s sister is hospitalized.

Yunhyeong starts attending church in the hospital. He said to Bobby that his sister needs a miracle.

Chanwoo saw Yunhyeong crying loudly to Bobby asking the existence of God.

 

 

Eleven days after Yunhyeong’s sister is hospitalized.

Yunhyeong’s family receives the nes that all the payment in hospital has been fully paid and there’s a donor that would give the kidney to Yunhyeong’s sister. The family were filled in a joy and started planning to give something precious for the donor. Yet, doctor said that the donor wants his identity to be remained unknown.

Yunhyeong hugs Chanwoo tightly while jumping together like couple of kids at the announcement, even forgetting that Oh Daeun was there.

 

 

Twelve days after Yunhyeong’s sister is hospitalized.

Doctor explained that they will hold the transplantation surgery tonight. Yunhyeong’s heart is a bit at ease and he now could walk lighter on his steps. Even though his worries are not fully thrown away, he’s still lingered by happiness because now his family has hopes for his sister’s life. For the first time in four days, he goes to the cafetaria that hospital provided to eat some meals. He hasn’t really been eating these days because of the continuous bad news about his sister’s condition. Chanwoo keeps packing foods for him and even feeding him in the visitor’s room because he has lost all his appetite.

 

“Hyung, look what I brought today!” Chanwoo looked bright while opening the plastic box filled with rice and sundubu jjigae on the box’s sides. There were also side dishes on the other edge of the box.

Yunhyoeng peeked over a li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter