2.0

Not Your Fault
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I will survive this.

Even if I won't.

I will.

Jung Chanwoo

 

“I’m outside, the brown bench in front of your building.” a click on his phone before he throws it to the pocket in the right side of his hazel coat.

Study shows that people naturally resist to change. They hate changes and the agent of the changes themselves, simultaneously. When change happens, people tend to be awkward since they have to move around from their current position. It forces them to sit up, stand, and walk away from their current comfort zone. Perhaps that reason is what brings Junhoe to walk on this place. His celebrity appearance does not even match with two pink lunchboxes he brought on his hands. Yet he chooses to do it because he is resisting the change that he’d sense is about to happen. He straight up to confront its agent of change, because at the very least, he wants to negotiate the change.

“Pink.” the agent of change that he’s been waiting finally arrives, and Junhoe just scoffed it off. “You’re having a date?”

“Yes.” Junhoe is watching as the other guy takes off his white coat and fold it on his lap.

“With you.” he added, handing out one of his lunchboxes.

“O…kay,” the other guy startled, but received it anyway. Both are opening the lunchboxes together, picking the chopsticks out, and starts taking out the slices of kimbab one by one. Silence hangs between them as they are eating, only the sound of food chewing fills.

“Are you going to tell me that you’re having a malignant tumor and you’re not coming back, or what? This is weird.”

“Jung Chanwoo, I’m here to talk.” still chewing his food, and then silence falls once again. No follow-up sentence or explanation from Junhoe which makes Chanwoo, for some unclear reasons, feels itchy. Chanwoo looks to his left to stare Junhoe at his side with a look that sounds like 'seriously?'. To which, Junhoe shrugs his shoulder.

“You’re quiet. This silence eats me!” the younger finally speaks up.

“Okay. Alright. You know what's weird? You are not coming home at all for this past two weeks, that is weird!” there. Junhoe finally decides to fight the change. “Are you trying to say you’re moving out, or what?”

Chanwoo feels a bit relief hearing his concern. Perhaps because it is not a malignant tumor, or perhaps he is just happy with the fact that Junhoe is looking out for him in the midday of his busy celebrity life only to get his roommate back to home.

“No, I just have a lot of study cases, and stuffs around the corner. You know, being a medical student--you can't expect to not be busy.”

“Oh, remember why we decide to buy the apartment near this hospital? Same excuse.”

“Alright. It’s just… easier to have it together with my college friends. We bumped to this friend’s house almost everyday to solve the cases and work on them together. That’s it. I’ll come home anytime soon, alright?” Chanwoo tried to convince, but the other negotiator laughs in response.

“Liar. I know you’re sleeping in this hospital.” Junhoe said it rather sarcastically, eating the last piece of his kimbab.

“No, I’m not.”

“I was here, Chanwoo, last night, even this morning I was still here. My uncle had a surgery and I saw you were bumping into one of the doctor’s on-call room to sleep. I know what you were doing. I saw you out of that room too, this morning. It’s not like I’m blind.”

Chanwoo sighed. “Sorry. I understand if you’re pissed.”

“It is Yunhyeong hyung, right?” Junhoe went straight off the bat. He does not see Chanwoo budge even a bit, the dude really knows how to hide his feelings well.

“No, it’s-“

“You can’t say no, when you’re bugging me in ka-talk every single damn night asking if he’s still in our hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter