Restart

Skyfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A new start is good, well, to some people anyway.  

Tell me of a love that's like a dream

You're feeling it too

I know you had many reasons why you couldn't say

I'm alright, love that's felt for the first time

Won't be easy for both of us

But they are precious days that we will go through together

 

"I thought I could hang out with Jungie unnie after the recording oppa?" Jinnie asked confused after they dropped off Hyorin at her apartment.

"Mianhe, Jinnie-yah. I'll drop you off there later. Daepyonim wanted to see all of you in his office." Taewon said apologetically.

"Gomawo oppa. Could you wake me when we're there? I want to take a small nap."

"Sleep well, Jinnie-yah."

The maknae went to sleep in the backseat, hoping that this meeting wouldn't be as suffocating and confusing as their last one. She wouldn't know what to do with herself if that were the case. Like he promised, he woke Jinnie up when they got to the company. Jinnie met up with her unnies inside, being the last one to make it.

"Sorry I'm late daepyonim." Jinnie apologized, bowing respectfully to her CEO.

"It's alright, Jinnie-yah. How was the photoshoot and recording?"

"It went good, daepyonim."

"Good, I'll be sure to listen to the song well when they send me the finished track." He stopped to clear his throat for a second. "Anyway, I wanted to inform all of you that I'm releasing the statement about Minah-yah's break up with Son Heungnim, so that you're aware."

Minah's members looked at her surprised, yet again. Jinnie's mind and heart were a mess, so she just stood there shocked.

"What was the reason of your mutual break up, Minah-yah?"

"Heungnim and I agreed that it was difficult keeping up a long distance relationship, especially with our schedules." Minah spoke up, a small inflection of sadness in her tone.

And just like last time, Jinnie was the first one out the door. But this time Minah actually caught her hand before she reached the sidewalk, the first time she's initiated skinship since the breakup. Jinnie's heart involuntarily skipped a beat.

"Jinnie-yah! Wait! Let's talk for a minute." Minah said after catching her breath, curse her short legs.

"What is there to say, unnie? I'm sorry things didn't work out between you and oppa, I really am." Jinnie said, not turning around.

"I am too, but not for the reasons you think. I'm sorry that I had to hurt him before finally understanding my heart. Most of all, I'm sorry for hurting you. For breaking my promise to not hurt you, my Mickey."

"Unnie, stop. You don't have to explain your-"

"I do! Because I didn't keep that promise, because I didn't chase after my puppy like I should have. I should've never lied to you or cheated behind your back. Because all I've learned from that was that you're still the only one in my heart. I still love you, Jinnie-yah."

"*sigh* Unnie... thank you for explaining and apologizing. But this doesn't mean we can be together again..."

"Do you still love me, Jinnie-yah? Have you moved on?"

"... I can't lie to you. I still do love you, even if my head's telling me to move on. But I can't... even if I tried."

"I see...but then-"

"Even if my heart wants to take you back, I am still more cautious. Unnie, not only did you break my heart, you broke my trust as well. So you can understand where I'm coming from here. I just don't want to be hurt again, I don't think my heart could take it..."

"I understand, Jinnie-yah. Then let's start over again, a clean slate. Hi, I'm Bang Minah, and you are?" Minah let go of Jinnie's hand and extended her's with a small smile. Jinnie turned around, eyes wide in surprise.

Their members just watched the pair, the moment of silence stretching between them, before finally, Jinnie took Minah's hand in return.

"*sigh* I'm Kim Hyojin. You can just call me Jinnie, Minah-ssi." Minah unnie was still such a pabo, Jinnie thought, having to hold back her own tiny smile. At least she wasn't crying this time.

"Eyy~ none of that ssi. Just call me unnie, Jinnie." Minah made herself a new promise to earn her Mickey's trust and heart all over again, and this time, she'd prove worthy of both. Because Jinnie-yah was worth it, and she didn't want to let go of her ever again.

 

Because I can see you again

Laughter keeps seeping out

We waited for such a long time

We did, you and I

Thank you for helping me find my lost smile

And making my heart feel overwhelmed again with your warm smile

When I am tired and falling down

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter