That Unnie

Not A Drama, But Ordinary Life

It has been a month long after i met Mino's girlfriend. She's clearly his girlfriend; she's been clinging with Mino. She is a woman; i'm not going to call her 'girl' because she's definitely older than Mino; with tall figure (things i got jealous so much, since i am that kind of short people), not-so-natural fair, almost pale skin ( i found it too white), and 'Excessive-Plastic-Surgery' Face. (it's Jackson who said that, his tongue sometimes too sharp to handle). I know she already had some nose job, also with her eyes, because her eyes are so big; it's obvious. But i also know it's her business; it's her decision to do that hence i tried to keep my mouth shut and not throwing any bad comment about her appearance. She might be at her early 30's, and she loves make up. I never seen her not in her make up, ever. Maybe she's a model who couldn't appear without make up, i don't know. She looks slayin', everytime.

 

Her name is Yura; i heard it from Amber, she overheard it when Mino's calls Yura last time. It's my first time hearing that name, because they usually call each other with "Yeobo..." or "Baby.." even "My Lovely Daddy Bear and My Cute Mommy bear". Yes, they are indeed a lovey dovey for these time. They are not hesitate to show some affection, looks like a newlywed-married couple. There's nothing wrong with them; i won't say they are a normal couple, they always success to made me cringe everytime i saw them or when they're being a lovey dovey; it's human right. The only thing is, they are too much.

 

Their Romance show, it's too much. She always links her arm in Mino's, which is bearable. Second time, i caught them kissing passionately in front of Mino's door-- which is also in front of my door, while i come back from groceries. They are sooo passionate that time, i can hear their heavy breath from 10 meters, like a bull. I had no idea how to got into my Unit because i don't want to interrupt that intimate moment, so i ended up wait in the emergency stairs until they come to their sense and go in to their own unit.

 

Amber cracks up when i told her about this-- Jackson also laugh, sayin' "...You poor thing...." teasing me. Amber and Jackson seems don't mind it at all-- until they experience it theirself. Amber and Jackson just got home after college, unfortunately bump into them. They caught Mino rubs Yura's -- in corridors. Yura looks at him with her naughty eyes, biting her lips.

"Oppa, you want me, huh? Palli, let's see how good yours are."

Then, shamelessly, Mino and his girlfriend starts making out. On the corridors, they keep making out as there was nobody around-- until they gone to their Unit. Amber and Jackson stand still. Dumbfounded.

 

Moreover, their -frequent make us grossed out. That lovey-dovey couple has a high making-love frequency. How'd we know that? Everytime they starts their 'rituals', it's torturing for us who lives nearby.

Because of that Unnie's unstopable sounds. Everytime they banging, they'd be too loud.

All night long.

Three to Five times, a week.

It made us went crazy.

Since then, Amber, Jackson and I have mutual hatred. That unnie become our main target. We gossip about her lately because we can't take it anymore. Especially Wang Jackson.

 

"Yah, that Noona. How'd she got with relationship with Mino hyung? Don't you guys think she has a Voodoo doll?" Jackson speaks furiously. Today, he accidentaly bump into her in the elevator. Jackson already trying to apologize, but all he got was her sharp glare while saying "Aissssh... Pabo-ya!"

", maybe? Because she has sooooo much energy to satisfy our hyung" Amber bites her apple.

"Seems so. They make out frequently."

"Does she has speakers on ? She moaned too loud, Noona. Last time i can't sleep because of the two of them. Too disgusting."

"What can we do, guys? We have no other option; except waiting for their breakup..... maybe?"

"I 100000% agree with you, Noona." Jackson whining desperately. "I don't want to be rude but it's too annoying."

"But what if they last forever?" Amber said, "Should we sleep with their sound as our lullaby?"

"Noona, why can't you told her?" Jackson jumped out, sitting next to me. "...to reduce their noises?"

"Michyeosseo? Do you want me to die?" I hissed Jackson for sayin' his ridiculous idea. "Tell her yourself!"

"At least you can tell Mino oppa. He's your co-worker. You guys work together." Amber said.

"Doesn't mean we are close, Amber. He's rude, even to me. I don't think i would like to talk to him. No."

"Please" Jackson pouts, aegyo-ing.

"No."

"Please, Noona. Do you want my grade to falling down? And make my parents in Hong kong mad at me?" He winks. Amber cracks up.

"NO, Wang Jackson. Your grade is yours; i dund- careeee."

"Please Noona. I beg" Jackson kneeling in front of my knees. "YAH, AMBER! Palli you kneel to our lovely Noona." Amber, who cracks up a whole time, joined his younger brother to kneel. She even start to act pity.

"Damn you guys...." I sighed out deeply. "Maybe i should try....."

.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day, i feel so bad. I don't want to be rude-- and interfering their life, but i just can't let Amber and Jackson tortured. Myself i hated the noise. I reassured myself and gain my confidence to talk to Mino, at work.

 

At the Subway, on my way to the office, i keep thinking how to say it in a nice way so i won't sounds rude; and seems to peek at their life. I mean, i'm also afraid with Mino since he's not an easygoing person.

"Ttikaaa-ya!"

At first, i wasn't aware with my surroundings. I turn my heard and i saw Jaebum and Hana waving at me. They are my co-workers, from the same team. I stopped my walk and smile.

"Yaah, Ttika-yah! We've been calling for you three times but you keep walking." said Jaebum teasingly, after they catch me up.

"What's wrong, Unnie? Looks like you've been thinking about smt else?" ask Hana curiously

"Aniyaaa. It's nothing." I hissed them, they caught me. My cheek start to blush.

"Your cheek-- it's blushing. Tell me lah, Unnieeeee." Hana grabs my hand. With her aegyo, she trying to entice me to her bait. I couldn't say no, i mean, she's always been an angel to me.

"Let us help you, Ttika. Let's go to coffee shop first and talk about it."

Jaebum grabs our hand and pull us to the Company's coffee shop, which is in the Main floor of the building. I helplessly follow them. They looks excited.

 

We sat at the couch of the Cafe.I had to tell them, almost everything. I had nothing to loose to share my problem, meh?

 

 

"Hahahahahahahahaha" Jaebum breaks out the silence with laughter when my story coming to the end. Hana's eyes got teary from laughing.

"Are you going to protest him, like today?" Hana asked me. "Hmm." I frown,

"I had to tell him since my neighbor asked me so.... and i don't know how! How can i tell him while he's such an ?!" I blurted out. They laughs so hard, at my sorrow.

 

"Tell him what? And who's the ?"

 

Jaebum and Hana suddenly become mute, and stands up. I turn my head i saw somebody have been standing up, behind my back.

 

It's our Manager, Mr. Choi Seunghyun.

 

"Aaaah........" I was taken aback, don't know what to do. "Good morning, Manager-nim...?" The three of us must be looks like a fool in front of him. He smiled curiously.

"Well... what are you guys doing here? Are you guys not going to work...?" Seunghyun frowned." And what happened to you, Ttika-ssi?"

"Uhm... it's nothing. Seunghyun-ssi." I forced myself to gave him a bright smile, which made me look more awkward, "We're just going upstairs, don't we? Palli, Gaja...?"

 

I grab Jaebum hands, bows repeatedly, and dashing to elevator, leaving Mr. Seunghyun alone at the coffee shop.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It's time.

 

Mino sat on his desk, which is two desk in front of mine, cooly. Now is lunchbreak, the other employee has gone to cafeteria. There were some left, and there is him. I urge myself to move closer, sits next to him. He stare at me, shocked with my sudden action.

"Hi, Mino..."

"Mwoya?" He take quick glance, then stare back at his cellphone. Trying to ignore me.

"You are having a happy life with your new girlfriend. Congratulations." I faked smile at him.

 

He keeps silence.

 

"It seems like you love each other.. A LOT." I give pressure with the tone at A LOT.

He already looks annoyed. "What actually are you going to say?" He throwing his deep gaze.

 

I was so awkward, my body droops.

 

"We love both of you being together but....... Sorry.... can you guys lower down your voice when you guys....... doing that?

"Doing what?"

"Well, that.... thing... showing... love.. uhm.... that..." I flattered.

"When we are having , you mean?" He's sure looks annoyed.

I nodded. "..Yes.. that.. I..."

"Look here, Ttika-ssi." Mino grabs my head, lift it so i could look at him. " Can you please not being a Lurcher and eyeing on everything we did? We never ever spying to you this whole time-- but who are you trying to get involved with my love life? You are just my co-worker, Ttika-ssi. So mind your own house, please."

 

I shocked. His word stabs me a lot.

 

Then he grab his thing and stands up.

 

"Oh, one more, Ttika-ssi." He pointed his fingers to me, "I know you've been A LONER, pathetic one since you move here, but don't trying to peek at us. If you are that desperate in love, go get a new boyfriend and leave us alone."

 

Then he left me. I can't say anything but feel desperate at him.

.

.

.

.

.

It has been a week since that incident. And it made our relationship seems so awkward between the two of us. He's right; i should mind my own bussiness and not his. But i also mad at him for being rude. I keep silence these days.

 

It is sunday; Kyungsoo should come in couple minutes. I decided to go to supermarket downstairs quickly, to buy some snack for him. On the way back, I met Jackson who's coming from his jog.

 

"Yaaaah, Noona. Don't think about it. It's been a week, noona." Jackson pat my back, trying to calm me down after i told him that incident. He opens the elevator and let me in first.

"But Jackson..... he's right. I mean i shouldn't be like that..."

 

The elevators open at our floor.

 

Then we saw Kyungsoo already there, in front of my door.

 

"With Yura, that Gangnam-unnie?! Aigoo bwoya.... what she's doing with Kyungsoo hyung?" Jackson whining. I grab Jackson's hand, pull him closer.

 

"Sssss....... let's see." Jackson and I tiptoeing to the Corridor, trying to reduce any sound.

 

Then what we saw was ridiculous; that Gangnam unnie is trying to make flirty conversation with Kyungsoo!

 

"Hyung!" Jackson yells.

"What are you doing here, with her?" Kyungsoo looks back at us, his face somehow looks relieved.

"I was waiting for Ttika... and she coming... talk with me..?"

Yura glare at us, especially at Jackson. Jackson looks back at her, with bad manners.

"Aigoo, Noona." Jackson said teasingly, "What made you come here? You should be in Gangnam, don't ya? With your fellow Gangnam-Chingu?..."

"Gangnam what? Aissssssh!" Yura lift her hands, made 'slapping' motion to Jackson. He dogde it while laughing.

I keep in silence, don't want to involve with this silly things.

"Why don't you go in, Yura-ssi? Uri Kyungsoo-Hyung is already graduated, he don't need anybody to accompany him, yes hyung?" Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly. He knows nothing but get involved at our neighbourhood scene.

"I just giving him the warmth of our neighbourhood, you college student." Yura points at Jackson nose. "Since uri Ttika has neglected her own visitor, is it a good thing that i accompany him for a while?" She smirked. "By the way, how'd you get this kind of handsome guy here, Ttika-ssi. You guys seems not compatible enough for me."

"Compatible what?" My face turns red. This woman is so annoying.

"I mean, is he your boyfriend as Mino oppa said? How can a Korean attracted to a people like you? I mean, with your appearance and skin colour....." She smirk.

 

She knocks me out. My Anger level suddenly burst up. She is soooo annoying as hell. I know i am tan-- but she shouldn't comes up with that sensitive issue. My hands got heaten up. Oh God, I really want to hit her. On her face.

 

"Uhm, Miss." Kyungsoo held my hand, immidiately. He looks at Yura, calmly. "I don't think it's such a problem to have different skin colour. Something you should know, there's more than a hundred country beside South Korea, and races as well. And it has nothing to do with compatible -- or not. As long as we're in love with each other, i think there shouldn't be a problem." Kyungsoo smiles at me. I freeze. I was taken aback with his words.

 

"Beside, i don't know who you are. So please, Miss. Go to your own unit and think carefully about that." Kyungsoo grabs my hand, tightly.

 

I know Yura has been shocked too, she didn't expect Kyungsoo who has such a gentle gesture would say something really sharp like that.

 

Yura looks mad, she quickly open her door and slam it. Me and Jackson cannot hold our amazement; we both opened our mouth like a fool, without knowing it.

 

Kyungsoo laughs.

 

"Yah, you two. What's wrong with you guys? Stop looking at me like that. Close your mouth, you looks like a squid." Kyungsoo pinch my cheek. I blushed.

 

"Hyung! You are so cool! Daebak.... Now I am your fans, hyung!" Jackson gives Kyungsoo two thumbs up.

 

"Hahaha, you're funny, Jackson. Now let's get in, Ttika-ya. I'm thirsty!"

 

 

 

 

Dear readers :

For someone who don't know about Gangnam Unnie, let me explain here : Gangnam Unnie is a name for girls who has been done too many Plastic Surgery on their face. They usually has done their eyes to looks big and has the double-eyelid, their jaw, their chin-line and stuff. After surgery, they hope they'll look like barbie doll, but irronicaly they look scary(?) to author because of their beauty standard which is the same, they all looks like twins, or author say it's someone who made too many cloning of herself. 

Sorry for my bad english. And thankyou.