My First Day of Work isn't as Normal as Anybody Else

Not A Drama, But Ordinary Life

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My alarm keep beeping like as he want to reminds me that i have to face the universe again. I struggle so hard to open my eyes and sit down. But gosh, why it feels like my body isn't working? They don't even allow me to sit down. After sspending a couple of minutes of unnecessary thing, my body connects again. I turn on the TV, but the TV speaks unidentified language to my brain. What's wrong with my TV? Suddenly i realized that i'm not home anymore. Now i'm here, in cozy hotel room in Oppa's land. And then i remember that i've got an e-mail last night. 

 

To : Ms. Herman from Indonesia

Subject : Tomorrow's Schedule

 

Hello Ms. Herman,

I'm Hanbin, our company's representative. My duty is to help you in this orientation time. I will help you to adapt with our company's worklife. I will explain about our company's rules and facilities to you. So, i hope you can come to our office in :

S Building, Gangnam 1106 Seoul ( take Seoul Subway line 1 from Guro station, and then line 1 to Gangnam station. Our buildings are nearby )

Time : 08.30 - done

We hope you can make it in time.

 

KIM HANBIN

 

I peek on my cellphone. It's 8.03. OH MY GOSH. Immidiately I jumped out of my bed, running to the shower, take fast shower and grab anything I can reach in my luggage. Brush my teeth while make my hair. I peek again on my watch, hoping that i still have time to make it. 8.14. Im running down to first floor, out to the Subway. Gosh, it is a busy and crowded day. I jumped in to the train, trying to survive in this Subway war. After 12 minutes ride, i rushing out to the Gangnam street. That's it. I saw a really big skycraper with "S" logo on it. I run to the receptionist.

 

*speaks in korean* "Can i help you, miss?"

 

I went blank. God, thank you. What should i do now.

 

"Can i meet.. uh.. Mr. Kim Han... bin?" I speak in a really, quiet, English.

"Um pardon miss.. Mr. Kim.. who?"

"....Han... Bin?" I don't even know how to say it in korean accent.

"Oh, are you Miss HeereMaen? Mr Han Bin been waiting for you in 25th floor. Here's your pass, Miss." She hands me the pass card so i can come to the office.

"Her - Man, actually. Like the German accent." I smile. "But thank you miss."

 

After getting my card, i run to the elevator and wait. 8.32. Talking with the receptionist girl waste my precious 3 minutes. 

I looked around, looking for this person called Mr. Hanbin. I've never meet him before, so I don't really know who's Mr. Han Bin is. On my eyes, all of my soon-to-be co-workers look the same. They are in their 20 to 30's, no one looks like senior in here.

 

"Excuse me, are you Ms. Her..man?" I turn my head to where the voice come from. It happened to be a man around my ages, with white slim fit suit, with coffees on his left and papers on his right, smiling politely at me.

"Oh.. hello. Yes i am." I don't know if I smiled too bright or not, but at this tense I am happy.

"I am Han Bin, from Human Resources Department. Nice to meet you." He bows a little, then offering a handshake.

Gosh, it's an 8 for his face. He's cute. I never thought Mr. Hanbin is around my age. He's cute tho.

"Come on, let's talk in my office" 

 

I follow him all the way to his office. He ask me to sit down, and then offering me a cup of coffee that he brought before. 

 

" So... you are Miss.. Chen.. tika?" He look at his paper, maybe it's my personal data. Seems like he's confuse on how to say my name.

" It's Chan - tee - ka, sir. It's okay, some people looks confuse on how to say my name. Just call me Tika, sir. I think it would be easier."

"Okay, Ttika-ssi. Just call me Han Bin, please. I'm just a year older than you. So you can be more comfortable around me."

 

I nodded.

 

"So here, i will show our company and your workplace. But first, i will tell you things you need to know about the company. Like blablabla......."

 

When he talk, my mind goes anywhere else. I look into his eyes, gesture, and then his body. He's quite tall, and he has that milk skin. He looks like he comes from a good family, he's polite, responsible, yet exciting. My dirty mind can see through the suit he wear, he must have a good body with abs behind that shirt. YUM. 

 

"Do you understand, Ttika-ssi?"

"Ah.. yes." I wake up from my daydream. "I do understand, sir."

He look deeply at my chin. I smile awkwardly, hoping he doesn't have any sixth sense because if he has, i'm dead.

"Sure you're OK? Your ears were red." Hanbin tilting his head, showing that he's not sure with my condition right now.

GOD. HE'S A MIND READER. I'M TOTALY D E A D. 

"I'm 100% okay, Mr. Hanbin."  PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE, HANBIN-SSI. SORRY FOR MY DIRTY MIND.

"Good. Now let's move to your department. Yours is in 18th floor. Come here."

 

We take elevator down to the 18th floor. I just realized that his department were not on the same floor with mine. Well, t's quite dissapointing to separate from Han Bin. ha ha ha.

 

"So, here we go. Come in, please."

 

We got into a meeting room with some people already in there.

 

"Ttika-ssi, this is your manager in Communication department, Mr. Choi Seunghyun. Seunghyun-ssi, this is Ttika."

Wow. Wait. Wait a second. There he is, a korean style charming, handsome guy stand in front of me. He's tall, more than 180cm, with a broad shoulder, in slim figure. He has a little beard, just a little. His lips is kinda pinky-red like strawberry. He's super charming and fabulous, he's super handsome. He 100% could be a model IF he's not working here. But i'm so thankful that he's here because well, he could be my motivation to go to work everyday.

 

"I'm Seunghyun, Ttika-ssi. Nice to meet you." Seunghyun smiled and give his hand to me. I shake his hand with all my might. His hand smells good, too.

 

Omg. My heart beats fast. How lucky I am to have a super handsome manager like him. I always wish to meet at least one handsome guy when i'm in Korea. And now i thanked god who make my dream come true.

 

"....And here's your future co-workers that will work together with you. Guys, give this young woman an applause!"

 

Wow. i was just too mesmerized by Seunghyun till i forget that there's another people in this room. I bow lightly and smiled at them

 

"Hello, my name is tika. Nice to meet you guys and please help me with my work!"

 

"Oh, Ttika-ssi. Your korean lesson program will start next monday. Firstly we need you to learn korean so you can communicate more with locals here. Second, we hope that you can adapt well in here. I hope your internship here will be a good experience for you" Hanbin says it in his cute korean-english accent.

 

Well, you don't say. How can it be bad if i have co-worker as handsome as you and Mr. Seunghyun??? It'll be a reallly beautiful experince surrounded by prince charming like ye.

 

"And oh, did i already tell you? For your accomodation, we already prepared an Apartment for you. It's not that big, but i'll make sure it's nice and cozy to live there. It's a bit far from here but trust me that's totally fine. You can take bus and subways to go to the office. You already know how to ride a subway, don't you?" Ask Seunghyun.

 

I nodded.

 

"..... Beside it'll be better for you because some of our co-workers live there. Also, you will have neighbor from our department too." Seunghyun point to a guy who sit on the left desk. "This guy."

 

That guy nodded. But his face doesn't look that friendly. He pretend that he doesn't care. I inisiate to smile but he just smile in a very bored way. Hmm. Does something goes wrong with that guy? Does he always look that unfriendly? Well, maybe that's just what i thought. Maybe he has toothache, that's what i thought.