Moving to A New House

Not A Drama, But Ordinary Life

It's Saturday morning. The weather today is pretty good, with cool breeze. The sky are blue, while the sun shyly rise. It's just a good air to start a new day.

 

My watch beeps, telling me it's 6.00 a.m. I already wake up from half hour ago. Today, i will move to my new apartment that my company already settle it for me. It's a kind of hectic morning to pack my bag. I brought so many thing in my luggage. It's basically normal since i'll live here for a kind of long time. But then i realized how cleaning it takes so much energy. My clothes are scattered around my room for a week, just because i'm too lazy to give the f*** to it.

 

"Done it all."

 

I lazily laying down on my bed. Actually today, my boss, Mr. Seunghyun would pick me up and help me to move. But suddenly, he has something to do so he couldn't make it so instead, he ask my soon-to-be neighbour, Kim Mino, to come and help me. I'm actually against that idea, but because i just don't want to lost while bringing my luggage alone, so deal with it. Beside, maybe he will help me with some men's work, too.

 

After laying down for a while, i feel hungry so i go downstairs to the hotel restaurant to have some breakfast. I was relaxingly eat some toast when my phone suddenly ring.

 

"I’m here at receptionist. Palli, come down. I don’t have much time."

 

. I take quick glance at my phone. It's 8.11 now. In a rush, i run to the receptionist while biting my last toast in my mouth. I was too relaxed till i forget that he will be here before 8. I feel sorry to him because i had to make him wait while Korean known with their discipline character.

 

I see him standing near the receptionist table. Today, he wears simple white shirt with short, while his face is kinda swollen. Tried to wave at him brightly hoping he won't be mad at me.

 

"Hi, Mino! How are you? Ate breakfast yet?" Huh. Such a lame fake smile.

"I don't. Quick, where's your thing?" He don't even greet me back.

 

Quickly, i take him to my room. Thanks to god he still has sympathy and help me bring my goods. While he lift my box, I secretly check out his body. God, he got that muscle. Mino is kinda good looking with that cozy shirt.

 

He takes me to his car, put my goods there. Then he walks to the receptionist while i wait in his car. He helps me to do the administration thing. I mean, he's not as bad as our first time we met. He still have that manner to a girl like me. He come back and start the engine.

 

We drive along the road of the capital, Seoul. I enjoyed the view on the way there. The Main Roads are wide, with many cars.The street are busy, the skycrapers in both side. From the bridge, we can see parks and refreshing view. Coming from a surburbs make me feel excited because the city is not as modern as this. That's why, i feel so happy and express my excitement with moving my hands and humming along the music from the radio. Maybe, in Mino eyes, it seems that i'm a girl who come from a real deep village who never have chance to see how's city looks like.

 

After an hour ride, we arrived at the building. It's an Apartment complex in Hapjeong-dong. The neighbourhood isn't that crowded, yet plenty shopping place are around. This might fits me well, i thought. Mino give me the key; which happen to be a medium sized token that will automaticly opens the door when you touch it to the censor. Then he help me carry my two big luggage. He seems to have problem with it, but he didn't let me to help him. He said it'll just make it slower for him. Of course i won't refuse it. We going up to the 12th floor. He leads me to a unit.

 

"Here's yours" said Mino without any expression.

 

I unlock the door and come in. He put my things to the living room. I feel so excited when i see my unit. My apartment is a cozy, worth living place with one bedroom. The decoration mostly white, with calming wood elements. From my unit, i can see the beautiful sight of Han River.

 

"Sooooooo" i look at his face "Thank you so much for your help. You're really nice, tho." said me, sincerely.

"I don't want to. Just because Seunghyun Hyung ask me so i can't say no. " He make that cynical face, make me swear i wanna punch him.

"Hmm, then thanks for your effort, Mino-ssi. Appreciate that." I sarcastically said. Without saying anything, he walked out my house. Then i rememberred something.

"Yaaa, Mino-ssi" i called him. "They say you also live in here so, which floor are you in?"

"Why would you want to know?" He glares at me.

"You know, for emergency?... I mean, since we are co-worker and neighbour so..."

"I live in a unit HERE. In front of YOURS. So don't you dare to disturb me if you don't want to have any trouble in here, Ttika-ssi." Mino closed the door and leave.

 

GOD. Never expect that he will lives TOO CLOSE WITH ME, which is in front of mine. I hurriedly opens my door and yes, he's just unlock his door and go in, leaving me with shock.

 

"Oh my good God. Why you keep this not-so-pleasant person closer to me?"