That Boy

Not A Drama, But Ordinary Life

Song Mino.

 

This guy. He is a one tall guy, maybe at 180 cm-ish, with one specific thing that makes me uncomfortable; his eyes. He got that quite small, but sharp pair of eyes. His gaze are deep as hell. Plus his thick eyebrow. He look fine, i mean he's kinda hot, but not my type. Maybe he's the kind of "like-i-am-the-coolest-guy-on-earth". It's just a big no for me.

 

He just sit on his chair, having no intention to move and welcome me. He just simply nod his head. His action make me slightly dissapoint.

 

Then, i start with simple introduction with name, ages, nationality, etc to the audience. There are 5 people in the room that later i know would be my co-workers. 

 

"Well, Ttika-ssi, let's move to my desk so we can comfortably talk," "and later you can come here again to introduce more about yourself. Because i have meeting after this so."

 

Me, Mr. Seunghyun and Hanbin move to Mr. Seunghyun desk. We talk about important thing such workplan and stuff. After that, Mr. Seunghyun excuse himself to go. He left me and Hanbin alone.

 

"So, Hanbin-ssi, can you tell me more about this Neighbor guy?" I ask.

 

"What,Ttika-ssi, do you feel like he's handsome?" Hanbin tease me

 

"Just wanna know basic stuff because, you know."

 

"He's one of your co-worker on same team with you."

 

"I mean not that but, nevermind. Thank you Hanbin-ssi." 

 

"Welcome. I think later we can drop the honorifics. Would be better." Hanbin smiled to me as he waving his hand to say goodbye.

 

"Sure, i mean, okay. Thankyou." I excuse myself to the meeting room. Today i'll meet my co-worker who'll be in the same team with me for the next 2 years. I'll have to socialize with my super broken korean.

 

Later i know, i'll have 4 other guy on my team with Mr. Seunghyun as the leader. The first one is that sharp gazed eye, next is a guy with a thick satoori accent and nice smile named Im Jaebum, a cute, plumpy and super-friendly-looking guy (whom actually the oldest) called So Bong, and the other one is a girl named Lee Ha Na. She's the same age with me. They looked like they're a nice people to work with. When i first met them, they brought me a cup of matcha latte and a box of doughnut to celebrate my departure.

 

I get along well with Hana. She helped me a lot this day. She teach me how to operate computer, write some hangeul characters, she even teach me how to make coffee in coffee machine. Bong-oppa was such a friendly guy too, we already have a lot of things in common (we both LOVE to eat and he said he eat ALOT) because he's surprisingly also an infamous mukbang-star (say yes to food, yay!) and also he's kinda funny guy, so even if his english is not that good, i know from the start that he'll be my partner in crime. Jaebum is also nice. He's such a kind and responsible guy, so i know i can rely on him. And Mr. Seunghyun? I mean should i talk again about him? He is a really handsome guy that sooo smart and polite, too. He also treat people really nicely, so i mean i'm definetly liking him. He's my favorite.

 

I was so happy to have them as my co-worker because they're all nice. Everyone in my team were perfect except for one.

 

That you-know-who. SONG MINO.

 

I mean, i've been trying to be nice to him for these past hours. I've gave my best smile ever, i've been trying to be polite with him, even trying to start small-conversation with him. I'm acting like a little girl asking for her mother's attention. 

But you already know what i get. NONE. NOTHING. The best response that i got was 'OK' and 'YES/NO'.

 

On lunch, i determined myself to get along with him, too. I mean, i know i should. Even when i hate him from the start, I know i'll live near him for the next 2 year of my work, so i don't have any choice except befriend him. I know i'll use him someday, so i encourage myself to go to his chair to offer him candy. That's really my last attempt.

 

"Candy, Mino-ssi?"

 

He tilt his head and look at me. Silence.

 

"It's not a poison, kekeke."

 

"How can i know? Not interested."

 

"Ngg... of course i won't give you any poison, haha." I awkwardly force to smile. "By the way do you know that i'll be your nei..."

 

"Neighbour? I know." He glance for a while and focusing on his computer again.

 

Good god save me to not be violent with this jackss.

 

"Im just trying to be nice, Woobin-ssi. Because i will be your neighbour... i think it's a common thing to do."

 

"No, just dont. Actually i really don't need that" He glance, "and you being my neighbour don't affect me. At all."

 

Suddenly my anger burst. It is humiliation. I step back to my desk, without saying anything.

This is just the start of the war.