Day 2

Adore U for 17 Days

Jina laid beautifully in the hospital bed with IV bags needled into her arm providing her fluids that her body needed. Next to her, Seungkwan sat in the chair holding her hand and worried about her. He stared at her beautiful face as he waited for her to be awake. He reached out to rub her soft cheek with his thumb.

“You stupid kid.” a smile stretch across his face.

The silence broke as the door swung open and Hyungwon walked over with his eyes never leaving Jina who laid there unconscious.

“What did you do!” Hyungwon raised his voice at Seungkwan.

Seungkwan stood up from his chair. “I didn’t do anything. We were sprinting up the tower.”

Hyungwon fired up in anger and grabbed Seungkwan by the collar. “Why would you do that! She can never run for a long distance you ing moron!”

“Why?!” Seungkwan ask as he was pulled by the collar. At this point he couldn’t do anything because he knew he was at fault.

“She has this condition if she runs she will start coughing out blood nonstop with the lack of heart-”

Jina slowly started to awake as the guys were arguing. Her eyebrows frowned as she sat up suddenly leaned to the left and threw out blood. She gasp for air every time she gagged and threw up. Her eyes became teary and she started breathing hard with the lack of oxygen that her heart wasn’t able to support her lungs. The boys both looked at her in surprise. Hyungwon let go of Seungkwan and pushed him to the side as he rushed over to her.

“Jina, are you feeling okay?” Hyungwon helps her up. He looks at Seungkwan with hatred, “Can you at least past me that towel there.”

He grabs the towel on the table next to her bed and hands it to him. Hyungwon snatches the towel from him to show anger and starts wiping her blood-stained mouth. Seungkwan turn around as he felt guilt, but shrugged it off and left out the door quietly.

“What happened?” Jina questioned as she looked at Hyungwon with her weak eyes.

“You were apparently running with Seungkwan and you fainted.” Hyungwon tilting his head while still wiping her lips. “You knew better Jina, not to run like that, especially in this condition.”

“So many things were just happening so much today. I-”

“I’m sorry Jina.” Hyungwon apologized while he tucked her mid-length bangs behind her ear. “I was just worried about you.”

“It’s okay. I know you didn’t mean to yell.” She took his hand from her had and held it. “I’m also sorry for not telling you the truth.”

He chuckles and looks at her eyes with a smile, “Babo.”

***

After P.E period was over, Hyungwon and the boys were changing into their uniforms. They would usually shower after all that sweat, but today they were going to the river anyways, so what’s the point. 

Shownu takes off his shirt and reveals his muscular body with that six pack. He looks himself in the mirror as he started flexing his pecs. Minhyuk was casually looking at Shownu and stood up with nothing but bones.

“Wow… body goals.” Minhyuk tries to flex his pecs, but was only able to shrug his shoulders.

Shownu’s eyes squinted as he laughed at him, “You’re a pile of bones, you should work out twig.” He gave Minhyuk a weak punch on his arm and Minhyuk lost balance.

“Owww…” Minhyuk scratched his head and continued to look at his body in the mirror after Shownu left him there.

---

Changkyun came out from the bathroom stalls and walked to the sink. He the cold water and started washing his hands away with soap. He heard murmurs behind the bathrooms and kept hearing Jina’s name being said here and there. He was wondering if he was just hearing things. He turned off the water and wiped his hands with paper towels. He quietly walked towards to the people who were murmuring and took a peep at who was talking. There stood the troublemakers (Soonyoung, Minghao, Jun, Chan).

“Did you guys hear that Jina fainted yesterday?” Chan questioned the rest while putting on his left shoe.

“Is that why she isn’t here today? She is an A student, she would never miss a day of school.” Jun brushed his hair back as he look at his reflection through his Iphone screen.

“Maybe she fainted from overdose of being a nerd.” Soonyoung started laughing at his joke as the others laughed along.

Minghao let out an ugly laugh, “or she died today.”

Changkyun got heated as he heard their conversation of death upon Jina. No one should ever speak about death towards another when they do not know the story.

He came out of behind the walls and walked towards them. They all look at Changkyun in surprise because they knew they ed up. He tightened his lips that expressed anger and clinched his hand in a fist. He grabbed Minghao by the shirt and threw a punch at his lower left jaw. Minghao lost balanced and tipped over a bunch of janitor equipment which made loud thuds.

Wonho and the other boys were on the other side and rushed over to see what was making all those noises. He made his way to Changkyun and was followed by Kihyun, Hyungwon, Shownu, Jooheon and then Minhyuk.

Jun grabbed ahold of Minghao to help him up. Chan stood there and stared as everything was happening so fast. He wasn’t sure if he was to be scared or just stand there in shock.

“Don’t touch my friends.” Soonyoung walked up to Changkyun and was almost chest to chest.

“Or what,” Changkyun stared into his soul and tilted his head in threat.

Soonyoung couldn’t give a response to that. He just kept his posture at he continued to stare.

“I SAID OR WHAT!?” Changkyun pushed him as he tumbled back on his left feet.

“Yo broo, chill,” Jooheon put his right hand on the angry man’s chest and left on Soonyoung’s to separate the fight.

“Don’t tell me to chill when these ing moron’s just wished death upon Jina,” Changkyun raised his voice at Jooheon.

Jooheon’s eyes opened wider than ever. He turned around to Soonyoung as he wanted to say something to him, but instead he threw a punched onto his lower left chin. Jooheon let out a grunt as he shook his fist out. Shownu grabbed Jooheon by the shoulder to let him know to stop now.

“You better scatter now before things get messy.” Hyungwon stepped out.

The troublemakers made a run for it and Soonyoung shouted out, “This isn’t finished.”

***

“I can’t stand this anymore Wonwoo. This is day 2 with Jina and I’m already sick and tired of her. I can’t.” Seungkwan sat in his car holding his phone to his ear.

“Are you sure? I’m glad to pass my sister onto someone else if you can’t do something simple, so go back into that hospital room... and continue on your game Seungkwan,” Wonwoo commanded him through the phone.

“Urghhh…” Seungkwan complain and ended the phone call.

He got out of his car and walked out of the parking garage into the hospital entrance. He honestly didn’t want to hurt Jina because he had already created commotion, but it’s Minju that he’s after. 

He opened Jina’s door and got inside. He saw that she was sleeping, so he shut the door quietly behind him. He sat in the same chair as he did the night before and let out a sigh as he thought of what he was gonna do next. He put his hands under his chin as he watched her sleep and smiled while combing his finger through her straight, black hair. As he watched her sleep, he grew sleeply and decided to sleep next to her. He put his head down and closed his eyes.

Jina awoke and felt someone's hand in hers. She looked in surprised and saw him sleeping next to her. She tried to pull her hand away from his, but the more she pulled, the more his hand tighten. A spark hit her. Butterflies in her stomach. She tsked, but that still put a smile on her face. She decided to take another nap, so she pushed her body to face him as their hands still together. She looked at him and closed her eyes.

Seungkwan woke up from his sleep and woke up to their hands still in tack. He smiled as he thought it was cute. His thumb gently rubbed hers and he took another stare at her beauty. 

She opened her eyes as she woke up from her nap. Their eyes met and they had eye to eye contact for a bit.

Jina looked down to her hand and said, “So like are you going to keep holding onto my hand for another couple hours.”

Seungkwan looked at their hands and tighten his fingers, “I woke up to you holding my hand.” He smiled at her.

She giggled, “No, I woke up and you held onto my hand, and this is my second time waking up.”

He was confused. He frowned his eyebrows and tried to change the subject, “Wanna take a walk outside?”

She chuckled and nodded her hand. He stood up and took her by the hands, “Are you able to walk?”

“I am able to, I’ve been resting for over a night now. I can say my energy is restored.”

“Glad to hear.”

He took her by the hands. For some reason him holding her hands made him brighten up as well. It was like, he was beginning to like her, but still can’t see through his games.

They walked outside to the rose garden and he led her to the bench. They sat there and Jina let go of his hand. She rubbed her hands on her thighs and looked down at her gown then up at the rose garden. 

They both enjoyed the breeze and talked about many things, getting to know each other more and more. Jina felt as if they were getting closer than before. On the other hand Seungkwan felt the urge to pull her to his shoulder and so he did. 

His hand went around her and she was shook. Her expression was priceless, but she still smiled. She put her head onto his left shoulder and closed her eyes.

“Why are you so nice to me?” Jina asked as she opened her eyes and looked at the roses in front of her.

“Is it a crime?” He smiled staring at the roses.

“No… It seems unreal.” She stood up and walked towards the roses.

He looked at her as she walked away and he got up to follow her. They both stood before the red roses. He plucked a rose that just bloomed, but has not fully finished it's blooming cycle. He rubbed his fingers together causing the rose to twirl in place then he turned to Jina and she turned towards him. 

He inserted the flower into her hair, above her ear. She looked down as she looked up at him beautifully. He smiled and leaned over to kiss her forehead. She closed her eyes and felt his lips pressed against her forehead. When he pulled away she opened her eyes to look at him. A smile stretched across her face.

---

They walked back into the hospital and doctors were rushing towards the emergency exit where they bring in emergency patients. There was a lady in her early 40’s laying in the bed they strolled. She looked familiar to Seungkwan, so he kept staring at the lady, but couldn’t figure out who she is because of all the blood on her face. With one last final look, Seungkwan recognized his mother. She has been in a terrible car accident. Her head bled as her stomach oozed out a lot of blood that the seat belt had cut through her skin. His shocked eyes turned into worried eyes. He let go of Jina’s hands and ran towards his mother. Jina couldn’t do anything, but watch what was happening. She followed as they strolled his mother into the surgery room.

Jina jogged down the hallway where she met up with Seungkwan staring into the window of the door. The last thing he saw was the curtain closing over his mother's face.

He walked over to the chairs with no soul left in him. All he did was stare at the ground. Jina made her way over and sat next to him. She felt his grief as she watched his eyes become teary.

“She’s the only thing I have left… I don’t have anyone else...” his tears fell from the bottom of his eyes.

He started crying hard and stood up to punch the wall. Jina flinched as he punched. She grabbed a hold of his bleeding arm and he shook her off causing her to tumble backwards. She never saw him like this before. It was like she was watching herself when her mother had died the year before. She couldn’t watch him go through it. She took him by the arm with all her might.

“Stop it Seungkwan. Stop!” She grabbed his attention.

All he could do was just keep staring at her with his teary eyes.

“I don’t have anyone left Jina.”

The doctor came out of the room and took off his face mask. Seungkwan walked over to him to hear the news and hoped for it to be good.

“I’m sorry, you’re mother has passed away. We couldn’t do much for her.” The doctor patted him on the shoulder and left.

He froze in tears and fell to the ground. He leaned against the seat with his right elbow on his right knee. His hand pressed against his head as he continued crying.

Jina sat down next to him as her face grew sad. She pulled him into her arms and he hugged her tighter than he had ever hugged someone. He cried on her shoulder and his tears wet her gown.

A tear ran down her face, “You will still have me Seungkwan.”

She tried to make him feel better as she looked at the ground, but saw someone tall standing far away. Her eyes moved towards that tall body and there stood Hyungwon who have been watching them for a while. He walked backwards and turned away making his exit towards the doors as Jina watched him leave.