Chapter 3: "I have feelings for you."

Adore U for 17 Days

They stood on the side of the streets looking into each other’s eyes after saving her from that dangerous bike rider. He still held her into his arms. The other boys walked up behind them just gossiping what was up with them.

 

    “Ayo Hyungwon, slow down.” Wonho shouted.

    “Kiss kiss kiss.” Kihyun shouted.

 

    Jina and Hyungwon looked at them and back at each other. They pushed each other away. She brushed herself and fixed herself. Hyungwon scratched his head in embarrassment. The boys finally caught up with them in excitement.

    

    “Ya’ll wanna explain what just happened?” Jooheon asked.

    “Ya’ll just met yesterday.” Minhyuk chuckled to himself.

    “Some crazy rode their bike on the sidewalk and almost hit Jina, so I pulled her towards me.” Hyungwon cleared up the misunderstandings.

    “Ahhh…” Changkyun made a sigh afterwards.

    “Lets get to school. Shall we?” Jina broke into the awkward conversation.

    “Lessgo.” Shownu started walking first.

    “Here hold my bag. I’m so tired.” Kihyung gave his bag to her.

 

    Jina took a hold of Kihyun’s bag and hugged it as she walked.

 

    “Seriously your gonna hold my bag. I was just joking.” Kihyun made a puppy face.

    “It’s fine. I can carry it.” Jina smiled and tiptoed to rubbed Kihyun’s head.

    “Thanks. You’re so nice.” Kihyun wrapped his arm around her neck.

    “E-hem” Wonho cleared his throat for Kihyun to stop since Hyungwon was next to her also.

 

    Kihyun made an ‘oh’ face and pulled his arm away in shame. Jina knew what was up and giggled to herself. They walked as they all talk. She began to grow closer to them. Almost like brother and sisters, but except for Hyungwon who generally has feelings for Jina. He isn’t sure if she felt the same as him, but no one knows since they just started hanging out yesterday.

 

    As they got to school people stared and stared. It wasn’t normal to see Jina with a bunch of guys especially good looking ones, but she literally matched being in their group since she was a beauty. People either spoke nonsense or just looked in disgust. Jina started to look down as everyone was looking down at her.

 

    “Seriously. Have ya’ll not seen a group of handsome boys with such a beautiful girl before.” Joohon complained in public which made people stare even more.

“Look at chu. You ain’t even cute like Jina.” Minhyuk pointed at a decent looking student.

    “Why judge? Grow the hell up.” Changkyun spoke out loud which made people’s heart beat faster because obviously Changkyun is a bit scary looking. He barely smiles. He just has a mug face on twenty four seven.

    “You guys totally downgraded.” A male student rudely spoke from the side.

    “Say what?!” Shownu dropped his bag and took the student by the collar. He aroused in anger.

    “I was just kidding. She totally upgraded you guys.” The student was in fear as he looked at Shownu’s toned biceps.

    “Shownu. Let him go.” Jina laid her hand on his arm.

    Shownu let him go. “Bow down and say you’re sorry dude.” He looked through the student’s soul as the student struggled to get his shaky legs on the ground. He was about to get on one knee until Jina stopped him.

    “Kim Mingyu, don’t. Your must really dumb. Don’t do that ever again. You could’ve just ran before Shownu killed you.” Jina helped Mingyu up with respect.

    “Thank you.” Mingyu bowed and walked away quickly as possible.

  Jina looked up at Shownu in shame. “ You shouldn’t have done-”

  “Shouldn’t have what? He basically- never mind.” Shownu picked up his bag and walked to class.

   

     Jina had a sad face on as if she had done something wrong to piss off Shownu. Jina turned to look at Shownu as he disappeared from the hallway.

 

    “He’s not usually like that, but he won’t be mad for long.” Hyungwon put his hand on her back to encourage her to walk.

    

    As they all walked into class and eventually every single student stared at them. In surprise as Jina was with them.

 

    “Sit with us for now on.” Jooheon grabbed her bag and put it on the middle desk, so that all the boys were sitting around her.

 

    Jina took her seat in the middle as the boys sat around her. First row sat Hyungwon, Jina, Wonho, Shownu. Behind them sat Minhyuk, Kihyun, Jooheon, Changkyun. All the other students sat down when the bell rang for class to start. The teacher passed out a quiz for everyone to take to see where their level of math was at. The quiz consisted of five problems to solve. Jina finished it within five minute. Approximately one minute per problem. When she put her pencil down. Hyungwon and the boys looked at her in surprise.

 

    “Pssss… Jina… I need help.” Jooheon whispered to her.

 

    The teacher wasn’t paying attention, mostly just doing what she does. Jina switched papers with Jooheon and started solving the problems on his problem. Jina never done it before (cheating).  As she finished. They switched papers and the boys in the back copied Jooheon and the boys in the front copied Jina.

    

    “Okay students. Times up and please pass your papers up.” The teachers insisted.

    “You’re such a badass.” Hyungwon Jina’s shoulder a bit for a tease.

    “True homies makes you happy right?” Jina took their papers and passed it forward to the students in the front.

 

***

 

Seungkwan sat in between Seungcheol, Wonwoo and Vernon, Mingyu. Seungkwan looks at Minju as he sits back and crosses his arms. He just couldn’t keep his eyes off her Minju. He has a crush on her since school started. Wonwoo knew he liked his sister that was born five minutes after him. Wonwoo caught him looking at her.

 

“Dude. Do you like her that much?” Wonwoo asked.

“Yeah, I do.” Seungkwan studied her beauty harder.

“I’ll let you date my sister if you go out with Jina.” Wonwoo tried to negotiate with Seungkwan.

“You got to be kidding me dude.” Seungkwan let out a moan.

“No I’m not. You don’t get with Jina you won’t get Minju.

“God damn it!” Seungkwan said out loud and looked around to see that everyone was staring at him.

 

Gina stared at Seungkwan when he talked loud. Seungkwan caught Jina looking and he wink at her. He was basically starting his flirting with Gina. A sign that he is willing to do anything just to get with Minju. Gina felt weird and looked away and swallowed hard.

 

“Did you just wink at Jina?” Mingyu smiled.

“I mean I have to if-” Seungkwan admitted.

“Now adore her for seventeen days after you ask her out and she says yes.” Wonwoo cut Seungkwan off.

“That’s gonna take a month or two to do. Or even months.” Seungkwan complained.

“You either do it or no Minju for you,” Seungcheol teased.

“Go fetch her.” Vernon adjusted his wavy dirty blonde hair.

 

After the bell rang to go home Seungkwan walked to Jina nervously. She was putting everything in her backpack while Hyungwon and the boys were in the front doing something with the teachers. Jina looked at who was standing before her. Seungkwan stood and stared at her.

 

“Can I help you?” Jina asked awkwardly.

“Wanna grab lunch with me?” Seungkwan asked with manners.

“I can’t I-”

 

Seungkwan took Jina by the hand and ran out of the class before Hyungwon and the boys saw. Jina didn’t have a chance to grab her bag that was still on her desk. Hyungwon and the boys walked back to the seat and found that Jina was gone. Where in the hell could she be if her bag was still on the desk. She possibly couldn’t miss the dinner at Hyungwon’s house with the boys.

 

Seungkwan and her stopped as they got to the side of the river near the school. They were breathing hard. Seungkwan let go of her hands and raised his arms up to feel the nice breeze.

 

“What are you doing?” Jina asked confusingly.

“I need to confess something.” Seungkwan walked towards Jina. He walked too close.

“Uhh… I have somewhere to get to.” Jina turned away.

            “I have feelings for you.” Seungkwan held her hand to stop her from walking.