Chapter 1: "I'm-I'm Jina."

Adore U for 17 Days

 

    Jina is an ordinary schoolgirl. She was pure as water, beautiful than any other girl in school. Guys at her school thinks she’s pretty, but her being a nerd turned her down from a scale of ten to a zero. People who walk past her often say nasty things about her. How she tries too hard in school and she is a fake tryhard. How she just wants to be popular by being smart, but how can you be popular if you were a decent nerd.

 

She sat on the bench with her textbook on her lap. Flipping through pages as the wind slightly blows her hair flawlessly. She looked away from her book and pushed her glasses up to adjust them. The sun shined brightly onto her dark hair making a slight glare. She closed her book and grabbed her handbag. She stood up and put her handbag strap over her shoulder and hugged her textbook while walking. As she walked people barely notice her. Some look and look away. It was like she clearly never existed. She looked down at her shoes as she watched her feet take steps. She came upon a shadow and bumped into it. Her book fell and the papers that were within the book also fell. She kept her eyes down because she knew it was her fault for not looking where she was going.

 

“I’m so sorry.” She apologized and bent down to pick up her papers.

“It’s okay.” The unknown guy went on one knee and helped picked up her papers. “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” Jina quickly took the papers from him and stuffed it into her book as she stood up.

“I’m Hyungwon.” Hyungwon let out a hand for a handshake.

 

Jina looked at his hand then his face. His face was flawless and handsome. She never approached a guy who was this generous unlike other guys at school who would just be plain rude to her.

“I’m-I’m Jina.” She looked at his hand, but didn’t shake it because she never had the guts to touch a guy’s hand.

He cleared his throat awkwardly due to the handshake that he was left hanging. “I’m a transfer student. I don’t know where my classes are. Can you show me my classes? If you don't mind?” He explained himself.

“Sure, I-I don’t mind can I please see your schedule?”

Hyungwon handed her his schedule and she took a glance at it.

“You have two classes out of four classes with me. It’s not complicated to find these rooms. They are basically across from each other.”

 

As Jina showed him around and where his classes are. People stared at them constantly. How can Jina have the guts to be walking around with such a handsome guy on campus. After she toured him a bunch of school girls gathered around Hyungwon. They were basically trying to get at him. Asking for his number, when he’s available (the basic fangirls in school who wants to be noticed by the popular guys).

Jina stepped away from the crowd around Hyungwon. She took a deep sigh. Hyungwon tried to get away from the girls, but there were just too many of them. He was trying to fight his way back to Jina. He kept laying his eyes on her as she turned around and left him with a bunch of girls.

 

    Jina made her way to first period, English class, she sat in her desk which was in the center of the room. At the right corner of the room there was the swag group (Seungcheol, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Vernon, Seungkwan), to the left corner was the troublemaker group (Soonyoung, Minghao, Jun, Chan), the back right corner was the class clowns (Woozi, Joshua, Dokyum, Jeonghan), lastly the back left corner was the group of boys that are a mixture of idiots [Monsta X: Shownu and Wonho the cool dudes, Minhyuk and Kihyun the troublemaker, Jooheon the class clown, and Changkyun the chillaxed guy). Seriously no one doesn’t know why this group of boys made their own group of a mixture when they could have separated themselves into the the swag, troublemaker, class clown groups. Next to Jina was a group of girls that always hung out together. They are that type of group that has to be together. Even to the bathroom they go. That girl group (The Ark) consist of Minju (Wonwoo’s fraternal twin and leader of the group), Yuna (y), Yujin (conceited), Halla (preppy), and Jane (the dumb blonde).

 

    The bell rang for class to start and Jina had her notebook ready to start the day with English. She spun her pencil in her hand waiting for the class to start.

 

    “He’s suppose to be here already.” Shownu switched his phone on to reveal the time.

    “Don’t tell me he missed his first day here.” Wonho tapped his pencil on to the desk.

    “Chill out. If he says he gonna be here, he will be here.” Changkyun placed his legs on his desk slouching back.

 

    The classroom door opened and Hyungwon stepped in.

 

    “Ayee yo it’s Hyungwon.” Jooheon said with a swag tone.

    “My man bro.” Minhyuk spoke after.

    “About time bruh.” Kihyun slightly flipped his hair to adjust it..

    

    Hyungwon and his friends did their group hand gestures. Jina took a look back and there Hyungwon was also staring at her. She turned back and continued twirling her pencil.

 

    “Is she usually like that?” Hyungwon sat down next to Changkyun who was still slouching back.

    “Who are you talking about?” Changkyun questioned with one eyebrow up.

    “You like Jina?” Kihyun said out loud, but no one heard. Even Jina herself didn’t hear.

    “No. She showed me around campus today. That was really nice of her.” Hyungwon put his hands in his pocket and leaned back on his chair.

    “She’s really smart.” Shownu butted in.

    “Really reallllyyy smart. The highest student in school.” Minhyuk exaggerated expressions.

    “But no one really talks to her. She doesn’t even have friends. We tried talking to her. I mean she cool and all, but most of the time she’s quiet as a mouse.” Wonho spoke out the truth.

        

    Hyungwon got up from his chair and walked up and sat in the empty desk that was next to Jina. She turned and looked at who was next to her. She suddenly made eye to eye contact with Hyungwon and quickly turned away. She felt an awkward moment.

    

    “Hi.” Hyungwon smiled.

    “Hey…” Jina talked in an awkward tone.

    “Don’t be awkward around me. Besides we met earlier and I just wanted to thank you for showing me around campus.”

    “It no big deal. It was a pleasure helping since no one ever asks me for help.” She continued to spin her pencil in her hand.

 

Hyungwon took her pencil from her to focus on him.

 

“Hey give me my pencil.” Jina let her hand out for him to return her pencil.

“I’ll give you your pencil if you go get something to eat with us.”

“Us?”

 

Hyungwon looked at his friends and she followed where his eyes looked. The whole time his friends were looking at them. Shownu waved, Wonho winked and smirked, Kihyun and Minhyuk sat there just smiling, Jooheon who was acting like his hands were binoculars zooming into Hyungwon and Jina, and Changkyun who just stared at them still chillaxing.

 

Jina raised an eyebrow and turned around. “Them? Your friends? No.”

Hyungwon took her phone that was sticking out of her pocket. “What about now?”

“Hey! Fine! Now give me my phone.”

“I don’t trust you. Meet me at the front after school. And...I need this pencil though.” Hyungwon took her phone and pencil and stood up. He walked back to winked at Jina and turned around.

 

“Look at the nerd. Like oh my god.” Yuna talking trash to the other girls.

“Its his first day and he goes to the nerd? What?” Yujin twirled her piece of hair.

“Either way. He’s gonna be mine.” Jane folded her palms together to her chest.    

“Are you a blonde or what?” Minju hit Jane on the head as she rubbed where she got hit.

The teacher came in and slapped the desk upfront. “Students! We have a new student. Introduce yourself.”

“Hi. I’m Chae Hyungwon. I hope we will all get along.” Hyungwon smiled and looked at Jina who was staring at him and looked right down when he had eye to eye contact with her.

 

School ended and all the students quickly grabbed their stuff and left for home. Jina was the last one still in class. Slowly putting her stuff away thinking about Hyungwon and his friends.

 

“Aishhh. Why bother me?” Jina grabbed her stuff and walked out the classroom. She made her way down the stairs and opened the doors to the front of the school. Nobody was there. She knew they had lied and everything early with Hyungwon was just a lowkey prank. She turned her palm into a fist and started walking. A group a boys ran behind her about seven of them. Running away from trouble again. Someone grabbed Jina by the hand and pulled her with force which made her run with the group of boys.

 

“Run.” Hyungwon smiled as his teeth showed.