Chapter 6: “I will always lend you my shoulder whenever you need it.”

Adore U for 17 Days

    Seungkwan opened his car door and Jina got in. He closed his car door and walked to the other side to get in the car. He drove off as Hyungwon and the others watched them disappeared at the corner of the school.

 

    “Where do you want to go?” Seungkwan asked as he drove.

    “I don’t care. Anywhere away from here.” Jina sniffed and wiped her tears.

    

    He looked at her as he felt bad. He kept driving while thinking of a place where they can sit and relax. After pasting so many places he finally parked in front of a lake with refreshing air, quiet, and peace. He got of the car and opened the door. Jina kept staring out of space not knowing that Seungkwan opened the door.

 

    “Jina.” Seungkwan called her to get her attention.

 

    She still didn’t hear nor budge.

 

    “Jina.” He took her by the hand which took her out of space.

 

    Jina look at him and smiled as she got out of the car. He closed the door and locked his car. They walked towards the lake and sat on the bench that was planted to the ground. Jina sat still as her tears filled up her eyes and down it fell on her cheeks. Seungkwan couldn’t stand her crying. He pulled her into his arms as she cried even harder on his chest.

 

    “I will always lend you my shoulder whenever you need it.” Seungkwan spoke as she cried.

 

    She raised her hand onto his back for a heavier cry. Seungkwan however is playing with her, but what he said was true. He will always lend his shoulder to her. He may be sweet, but deadly. Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled away from him and took out her phone. Hyungwon’s name showed up on her screen.

 

    “Aren’t you going to answer it?” Seungkwan looked at her.

    “There’s no need.” Jina ignored the call and stuffed her phone in her pocket.

    “I race you to the tower.” He gave her a head start.

 

    Jina ran about five feet before Seungkwan. Of course Seungkwan caught up to her since boys always have more stamina.  As he ran past her, she suddenly stopped and coughed hard. He kept running and didn’t notice she had stopped until he turned around. She had already fell to the ground unconscious. He speed ran back to her and kneeled down. He lifted her upper body into his arms. He look at her hand which had blood on it from coughing.