Girl Crush Pulls Her Move

Hot Chocolate Coffee

 

“So what was it you wanted to say to us, Im Nayeon?” Jihyo glances in Nayeon’s direction before flipping a page of a file in front of her.

 

They were seated at the Student Council room. Six of them at the headquarters. The place which ironically harbours the most secrets of the school.

 

Nayeon grinned her trademark grin, revealing adorable bunny teeth, “Well, I spoke to her.”

 

“Mhm…” Jihyo flipped another page, “And?”

 

“Who?” Chaeyoung, the shortest of them all, leans forward to get better hearing.

 

“Well…” Nayeon began.

 

The guy seated on her left gave her soft nudge on the shoulder, “Just tell them you went to speak to the new girl.”

 

“You spoke to the new girl?” This time Jihyo’s eyes met hers with a strong gaze. It was the authoritative School President stare.

 

Nayeon coughed and shot a glare towards the guy, “Thanks a lot, Kim Taehyung…”

 

“She could have found us out from such… direct approach...” Chaeyoung frowns slightly and exchanges a look with Jihyo who nodded.

 

“What, how long are we supposed to hide this? She’s going to find out either way.” Nayeon stated firmly, “Sooner or later, we’d have to speak to her. We, of all people, would know what’s this campus for.”

 

“Agreed…” Another guy piped up from the other end of the table, “But that doesn’t mean I trust her.”

 

Jihyo nodded again, keeping silent as her gaze alternated from Nayeon and him.

 

Taehyung nods quickly to him, “Yes Jungkook, we were just talking to her to find out more. It’s not like we’re obliged to trust anyone outside this circle.”

 

Jungkook blinks to show his consent and leans back against his seat, “Then it’s settled.”

 

“Not really…” Jihyo clears , “Tell us more about her, Nayeon ah.” Her voice took on a warmer tone.

 

The grin came back to Nayeon’s face, “Well I found out that she lives at the dorms… Doesn’t seem to know what’s going on or how things are done here… But she’s smart. Oh yes i would believe she is.” She cocked her head to the side, seemingly recalling something that happened.

 

“Well… I’m wary of “smart”, to be honest.” Chaeyoung voices out the thought that lingers on all of their minds.

 

All except…

 

“Guys, really… I don’t think that’s something we need to worry about.” Nayeon gave a sheepish grin.

 

“Gosh. How much destruction this time, Im Nayeon...” Taehyung sighs and wonders how this girl is somewhat his “best friend”.



 

***


 

“Hey…”

 

Nayeon approaches the girl seated on the park bench. The campus pretty much looks like a giant enclosed garden. Carefully maintained and kept clean…

 

Just like all of the students here...

 

“Hi?”

 

She smiles unknowingly, taking a seat beside the girl, “You’re new right?”

 

“Newsflash, yes.” The girl says without sparing a glance.

 

“Oh I’m right then, haven’t seen you around before. I’m Nayeon, by the way. Part of the school’s cheer team and a senior. You are...?”

 

“Tzuyu. Currently part of the newb team.”

 

“Nice sense of humour.” Nayeon chuckles, “And the name sounds foreign.”

 

Tzuyu raises a brow, “Well, no one’s really bothered to ask so far and I don’t talk much.”

 

“Maybe they feel a little shy to approach a beauty like you.” Nayeon grins playfully despite the cold response.

 

“Oh, is that how it works?” Tzuyu asks in a very rhetoric tone.

 

“Oh um… Ha. Wow…” Nayeon laughs dryly upon realizing that her Girl Crush lines had backfired, “A beauty is someone who… um… looks beautiful.” She winced at Tzuyu’s current expression, “Okay I’m usually not this awkward with people.”

 

“Yeah? Maybe because I’m not ‘people’...” Tzuyu smirks lightly.

 

Nayeon finds herself staring at the younger girl’s dimples, “Why thanks for the info… I wish my friends had your sense of humour.”

 

“Is this humourous for you?”

 

“Very...” The bunny-like girl had wide surprised eyes now, “It’s been awhile since I’ve had someone speaking to me like that.”

 

“Good for you.” Tzuyu attempts a dry smile which had Nayeon laugh.

 

“You should meet some friends of mine.”

 

“Uh huh, why not? By the way, i’ve been meaning to ask…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What do the people here eat?”

 

“Oh.” Nayeon was slightly surprised by the genuine curiosity in Tzuyu’s eyes, “Umm… They usually eat… uh… ddeokbokki?” She tries to maintain a straight face.

 

“What is that?”

 

“Rice cakes.”

 

Tzuyu blinks, “You just said that because it’s what you’re craving for, right?”

 

“Haa…” Nayeon exhales with a guilty grin, “You got me there.”

 

“Well, well.”

 

The bunny-like senior girl tilts her head, “So are you hungry, Tzuyu?”

 

“A little actually…” Tzuyu bites at her lip, adjusting her bag strap.

 

“Okay…” A smirk creeps up onto Nayeon’s face.

 

 


 

“How about going on a date with me?”