Meeting The Squirrel

Hot Chocolate Coffee

 

Late, late, late...

 

Silver hair flashes past the empty corridors at inhuman speed.

 

She doesn’t notice her pen falling out of her open bag. Neither did she see the rock in the middle of the stairs leading out into the campus lawn...

 

"Woah!!"

 

Her voice came out high pitched, sugar toned... and quite kid-like.

 

It isn't an easy task tripping out a couple feet down the stairs and spraining an ankle while you’re at it, but she had a rather decent accomplishment here.

 

Groaning in pain, she tries to get back up to her feet and a presence loomed behind.

 

“That was quite the fall.”

 

Her face flushed a little, “Yeah... Sorry you had to see that. I was just being my usual disastrous self so don’t wor-" she looks up and then squints slightly, "Wait. You’re… not from here, are you?"

 

Tall…

 

Long brown flowy hair…

 

“Yeah I’m new. Do you need some help?”

 

“Um no… I’m totally- owww!” She tried to move and broke into a loud whine, fanning frantically at her foot, “O-On normal circumstances, I-I would say it's a real pleasure to meet you but umm…”

 

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind adorable popped up ears, the stranger bends and steadies her arms beneath her, “Shall I take you to the infirmary?”

 

“Oh, um… I-” She gasps while being lifted bridal style, “W-Wow… I didn’t t-think you would be able to carry-”

 

“Which way is it?”

 

“U-Um… Just over that corner actually…” She trails off after being interrupted.

 

“Hang in there.”

 

She nods quietly, trying not to meet the stranger’s eyes, and with all her heart, hopes that no one sees them in this terribly awkward... questionable position...


 

***


 

“Seriously Sana, what is wrong with your clumsy self? The cheer competition is weeks away and you sprained your ankle?” The blonde sighed loudly in frustration.

 

“Momo, don’t stress her out like that…” Nayeon patted the blonde on the back.

 

“I’m sorry… I really am...” Sana reached both her hands out to them.

 

Nayeon takes it immediately with a smile.

 

Momo eyes the hand for a while before taking it, eyes softening, “Heal it fast, you clumsy squirrel…”

 

Sana broke into a wide grin, “Roger that!”

 

“But oh yeah, who did you say carried you in here again?” Nayeon asks casually, but a tinge of curiosity lit in the corners of her eyes.

 

“Someone new I guess? She’s definitely not from here.” Sana frowns in concentration.

 

“Someone new?” Momo blinks.

 

Sana nods slowly with a smile, “Someone new with really pretty eyes. That I do remember.”

 

“Wow.” Momo blinks again.

 

“Ooo seems like someone is crushing on someone new.” Nayeon smirks.

 

The squirrel-like girl crinkles her nose in amusement, “Is the Girl Crush seriously saying that?”