Dealing With Sneaky Sneaky

Hot Chocolate Coffee

 

This world is confusing.

 

No one says what they really mean.

 

Hearts are meant to be tainted with doubt… and lips are meant to smile, instilling some sort of false assurance.

 

Basically, everyone acts differently from they say. That’s how it works here. If she couldn’t learn fast enough, survival would be a challenge.

 

That’s right…

 

Tzuyu learns.


 

Even though there are still things that can’t exactly be taught.



 

Tzuyu stares into the pair of nervous brown eyes in front of her and immediately regrets doing it. That would be extremely difficult to reject.

 

If cheeks could get any redder than ketchup, Sana’s might have been the first, “D-Don’t get me wrong, I’m just doing it as a w-way of thanks.” The squirrel-like girl stammered.

 

“Oh…” Tzuyu stares at the fidgeting girl, “Tutoring is a way of thanks?”

 

Sana wishes the ground below her would crack open and swallow her up, “Okay look…” She took a deep breath before launching into a totally unnecessary explanation or defensive rant, more like, “It’s just a favour I wanna do. You might be great at studying already, great at sports, great at everything. I don’t know about you but I’m actually really good at taking lecture notes and it’s probably one of the few things i’m good at in University so…” She bites her lip while catching the lost look in Tzuyu’s eyes, “You probably don’t know what I’m getting at, don’t you?”

 

“I…”

 

“I just wanna thank you for helping me that day, but the thing is… I don’t really know how…”

 

Tzuyu studies the pout forming on Sana’s lips and blinks twice, “Is it an important thing?”

 

“Well, yeah.” The older girl frowns a little, “It is to me.”

 

“Alright, I’ll accept the tutoring.” The younger one says calmly, adjusting the bag strap on her shoulder.

 

“You will?!” Sana gasps dramatically.

 

“I think I do need some help with the new assignments. It’s all kinda... foreign.”

 

It was like the Sun Rays had shot right out from Sana’s sparkly eyes, “Right... You being from the countryside and all. Wow I can’t wait to get started! Wait…” She pulled out her handphone, “Is it alright to let me have your number?”

 

“I would let you have it if i had one.” Tzuyu tilts her head.

 

“Shoot me.”

 

Tzuyu had an amused grin, “I don’t really shoot people.”

 

“N-No I mean like- Nevermind!” Sana held onto the younger girl’s hand, “We should get a phone then. Right now.”

 

“Right now?!” The tall model-like girl could not suppress her surprise at this new turn of events.

 

Sana couldn’t stop the grin coming up, “Yeah like now, now.”

 

“O-Okay…” She frowns slightly as Sana pulls her along quickly.

 

 

***

 

 

Tzuyu’s thoughts drifted back to the time spent with Nayeon. A frown creased at her delicate brows.

 

It wasn’t that she was afraid. In fact, the young girl is rather fearless, but Nayeon gave off mysterious vibes and it felt like that bunny-looking girl was hiding something from her.

 

The words Nayeon said to her runs through her mind again.


 

Tzuyu…

 

Did you adjust well to the town?

 

How do your nights feel in this town?


 

She wonders how she could have possibly known… or was that the hint?

 

It felt like the girl was pinpointing at something else towards her. Something she was sure they both know… Something she was sure will cause trouble in the future.

 

That reminded her… There was a particular scent she picked up the other day.

 

It smelt really weird, heightening all of her senses in broad daylight. An alluring intoxicating scent that lingered around the campus grounds for a couple hours before vanishing as if it was never there.


 

Tzuyu…

 

Be careful...






The scent that spelt danger.