Closet-Meanie Plays Detective

Hot Chocolate Coffee

 

There are times in life when you can find productivity while doing nothing meaningful.

 

Soft brown eyes carefully observes the pretty subject seated across from her. She takes mental notes of some teeny habits. No, this wouldn’t be stalking.

 

In her defence, especially when it comes to a certain someone... it gets hard not to stare. As impolite or creepy as that sounds…

 

Tzuyu taps at her book with a pen in hand. Her eyes unfocused and distant... Sana frowns a little watching the male passers-by glancing at the dreamy girl’s direction. The younger one seemed too absorbed in her own thoughts to bother.

 

A soft sigh escaped Tzuyu’s lips and Sana wonders what it was that troubles the girl so much, “You okay?” She decides to say something.

 

“Huh?” Tzuyu blinks before shifting her gaze onto the adorable squirrel-like face, “Oh I’m fine, just tired…”

 

“You look distracted.” She gestures at the open untouched book in front of Tzuyu.

 

“Oh...” The girl seems to know… Rubbing at her eyes slowly, trying to stifle a yawn coming up.

 

Sana smiles unconsciously at the cute sight, “Actually I was talking about the class project to be due next week... and then you sort of zoned out, so I stopped the yakkity-yakking.”

 

She watches how Tzuyu’s expression turned from being sleepy to guilty.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s been a crazy week…” She straightens her posture and clears softly, “Okay I’m ready now, shoot.”

 

“Chill, honey. I think you need a break.” Sana laughs, amused that Tzuyu is getting influenced with her strange lingo.

 

“No, no I’m fine, please go on.” The pile of notes shifted to rest in front of Sana, making the latter chuckle again.

 

“So determined you are.”

 

Sensing that Tzuyu was about to be disappointed, the older girl reaches across the table to hold onto slender hands, ignoring the stiffening that came every time she makes contact with the younger one.

 

“So we’re not continuing?” The younger one asks, glancing at their joint hands.

 

“Because one can only study for so long anyway. Hey… Wanna come watch the cheer practice later?” This was waters that have not been tested and Sana wasn’t sure if the boat will stay afloat.

 

“You want me to go watch cheer practice?”

 

“Yeah... Because you need a break.” Sana says in a matter-of-factly tone.

 

“Oh…” Tzuyu checks her watch, “It’s gonna be late by the time you’re done though.”

 

“Kinda…” The other had a raised brow, “But it’s fun to watch.” Clearly it was not working out well...

 

Tzuyu looked deep in thought and Sana caresses the soft hand that was still in her grasp. The younger one looks up, slightly surprised by the intimate contact, only to be met with aegyo-filled pleading eyes.

 

She looks away quickly, exhaling a long sigh, “Alright, I’ll come.”

 

Sana playfully does a fist pump with her free hand, “Great! Well, Nayeon will be there as well. I’ve seen her around with you.” She lets go of Tzuyu’s hand and starts to pack her things, “You both close or what?”

 

“Nayeon? Not really. Hmm... I’m not close with anyone actually.” Tzuyu blinks, not noticing the crestfallen look on Sana’s face.

 

“Are we not close?”

 

“Well…” Tzuyu looks at the girl who suddenly is busily typing on her phone, “You’re my study partner.”

 

“Oh... I see.” She tried to say something else but nothing comes to mind.

 

“And also the only one I can have a decent conversation with.” Tzuyu states casually.


 

***


 

Chou Tzuyu seats herself on the high stadium bench seats.

 

The cheer team were in their formation. She looks at them tumbling, doing mid air flips. Unconsciously while watching, her jaws had began to slacken a little. Only remembering to close when Sana’s line of sight briefly catches onto hers.

 

The said girl, as strange and four dimensional as she seems, is pretty flexible and agile. Tzuyu watches her fly on top of her base guy. It was then that her eye line drops onto that base guy lifting Sana up.

 

What was his name again… Max? Mason? Marcus?

 

She could barely remember what Sana said when she talks about cheer and mentions his name occasionally. Glancing at her watch, she leans back against the seat. How long more is this going to take…

 

A sudden shout from the stadium grounds made her look over. She blinks and then squints at the yelling culprit.

 

While flying, Nayeon had shot her an arm-heart sign. She suppresses the strong urge of flinging something over just to wipe that cheeky grin off the bunny-like girl’s face. That was very possible considering Tzuyu’s capabilities, but they were amongst… normal beings.

 

“Yah Chou Tzuyu!” How relentless...

 

Her moment of entertainment however, comes when Nayeon’s base guy loses his balance because the girl was moving too much for her own good. A smirk plasters onto Tzuyu’s face. It remains glued on perfectly, even as Nayeon went slipping off the guy’s shoulders and crashing onto the ground.

 

Girl… Crush. Now there’s the living pun.

 

The cheer team crowds around Nayeon and she watches silent from where she sat... knowing the fallen girl is fine. There was no trace of anxiety, heartbeat racing or pain. With all the other clues and evidences she had gathered for the past month, the younger girl then confirms her made hypothesis into a firm theory.


 

Why hello there…





 

Fellow mate...