Raising Daggers

Hot Chocolate Coffee

A.N:

The first few chapters have been editted (on the 20th Jan) because i've just confirmed how i would like each character to be, especially the main chara Tzuyu. So please do go through them again. The plot still remains! Thank you for reading!

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

Change.

 

That was the purpose of her move into this town.

 

 

Although it doesn’t seem like the right move now, Tzuyu was adamant to adjust well.

 

A shadow of a slim figure has been trailing behind ever since half an hour ago... Right after she had set foot out of Sana’s apartment.

 

No, they aren’t friends.

 

 

At least that was what the younger girl thinks, since she goes there solely for tutoring. However, Sana’s endless chattering did not bother her as much as others did. On the contrary, she finds the honey-toned voice rather comforting.

 

A strange prickling sensation sent goosebumps down her back and she closes her eyes.

 

Nearing… Counting to three in her head, she spins around sharply only to be met with a drunk male.

 

He titters on shaky legs, bottle in hand, eyes scowling permanently at her. A scoff escapes her lips and she turns away, leaving the unpleasant sight to continue her way.

 

A hand grips onto her shoulder…


 

***


 

“You killed a man.”

 

“What?”

 

Jihyo glares hard at the girl who had just joined the prestigious University for a month, “The premises of that man’s death was apparently very near to the campus.” She squints, “And we know who you are, Chou Tzuyu.”

 

“Who’s the ‘we’ and what do you even know about me?” The younger asks with a smirk.

 

“I know that you’re new.”

 

“That’s all?” Tzuyu raises a brow.

 

Jihyo holds her arms across her chest, “New meaning you probably don’t know the rules…or, you do know the rules but don’t play by them… ”

 

Tzuyu found it hard not to laugh at the situation, “And that automatically makes me a killer?”

 

The younger girl had been strolling around the campus courtyards when the Student Council President had came marching up to her and taken the liberty to drag her to the back of the class buildings.

 

“No, but it makes you the prime suspect and let’s just say, I don’t trust you.”

 

“I admit I did inflict injury, but it wasn’t serious enough to kill a man.” Her mind was running with the many possibilities of how Jihyo knew and why was she interfering.

 

Jihyo stares hard at her as if trying to read the quiet girl’s mind. To her surprise, she detects a faint tinge of confusion…

 

“What happened that night?”

 

“He was drunk.”

 

“No, I mean what else happened that night.”

 

Tzuyu studies Jihyo’s face for a long moment before answering calmly, “My apologies. I do not understand the question. Neither do I understand your point of confrontation here.”

 

The older girl scoffs, “You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

 

“Firstly, this isn’t an official trial and I’m not obliged to give answers. Because if this was an official trial, shouldn’t the rest be here too?”

 

Jihyo was about to retort when Nayeon pops out so suddenly, making the both of them jump.

 

The Student Council President was incredulous, “Yah Im Nayeon!!”

 

“Hey Prezzie, hey Tzuyu!” She chuckles brightly, not noticing the tense expressions.

 

“I’m gonna head off first…” Dodging Nayeon’s arm expertly, Tzuyu ignores the girl’s surprised look and leaves.

 

Nayeon instantly turns to Jihyo, “What is it this time?”

 

“Why are you asking like I was the one who did something wrong?!”

 

“Sensitive much?”

 

“I didn’t do anything to her.” She scowls.

 

“Really? Tzutzu was clearly upset though.” Nayeon had a questioning look.

 

If Jihyo could skewer, she would surely skewer.

 

“Seriously, why the grumpy look? Oh…” Nayeon claps her hand while remembering something, “Okay, is this about the fart bomb Taehyung and I left under your bed mattress?” Nayeon looks at Jihyo carefully.

 

Jihyo closes her eyes and mutters something inaudible while Nayeon fidgets.




 

“YOU LEFT A FART BOMB UNDER MY BED?!”