For The First Time

Hot Chocolate Coffee

 

“Is Nayeon alright?” Tzuyu asks when Sana comes up and plops her bag down beside her.

 

“Nayeon?” Sana turns to cast a quick glance at the mentioned girl, “She’ll be alright.” And then smiles, “Oh, you do care.”

 

“What? No!” The retaliation was a little too loud and she coughs.

 

Sana chuckles at the strong response, eyes twinkling mischievously, “There’s nothing wrong in caring, you know.”

 

“I guess not…” She finds herself staring into Sana’s eyes, wondering how are they always so full of live.

 

“So you do care!” The older one repeats gleefully.

 

“Not for Im Nayeon!” Tzuyu scoffs lightly, “That girl doesn’t need caring for.” She could almost feel Nayeon throwing a wink in her way and scowls at that thought.

 

“You both remind me of cats and dogs.” Sana muses Tzuyu’s reactions for awhile before reaching out to grab at the younger’s hand, pulling the latter out of her seat.

 

“Oh she would be the cat.” Tzuyu smirks while being tugged along.

 

“Cat? I was just using a figure of speech.”

 

“A very accurate one, I must say.” She snickers and then stops shortly when Sana looks at her, “What?”

 

“Nothing…” Sana continues staring for a moment longer, “I’ve just… not seen this side of you before.”

 

“Oh.” Tzuyu says plainly.

 

There was a pause as both girls had different thoughts run through their minds. Sana was the first to break the silence.

 

“Come on, let’s get out of here.”

 

“Are you not joining them?” Tzuyu asks as she watches the cheer team leave the other way.

 

“Oh I’ll be on my own for tonight.”

 

That comment makes Tzuyu frown, “But it’s late now. Don’t tell me Momo is just gonna let you head back alone.”

 

“Well, Momo went to get food with the guys, they can eat a whole cow.” Sana grins, “I’ll be fine. It’s not a first going back this late.”

 

“Not fine…” She remembers that certain night with the drunk male and recalls the scent.

 

“Huh?” Sana wasn’t sure what she had heard.

 

“I-I... think I left my book at your place.”

 

The older girl smiles and pokes at Tzuyu’s cheek, “I’ll give it to you tomorrow.”

 

“It’s important.”

 

Sana blinks, “But…”

 

Tzuyu glances at her watch before adjusting her bag strap, “Come on, let’s go.” She pressed.

 

The older one couldn’t help but laugh at that, “Why do you sound like me sometimes?”

 

“Heol, never.” The younger girl smirks slightly.

 

They started walking, side by side. Shoulders briefly touching at times. Tzuyu’s gaze fell onto the pavement ahead of them.

 

“How mean.”

 

“I’m not being mean.” Tzuyu attempts to argue.

 

“Stubborn then.”

 

“I’m not being stubborn either, Sana.”

 

“Really? Then why that look?” Sana smiles and then nudges her in the arm, “Yah, shouldn’t you call me unnie?”

 

“What look?” Tzuyu raises a brow.

 

“That oh-no-don’t-make-me-laugh-because-i-have-to-maintain-my-prim-and-proper-image look.”

 

Tzuyu fails to hide her smile, “I so don’t do that.”

 

“You so do!”

 

Sana’s hands found Tzuyu’s very naturally and they held hands unconsciously while crossing the bridge at the small canal. Fingers lacing together.

 

“Don’t make me toss you into the water below.”

 

“You won’t do that.” She pretended to gasp.

 

“How would you know?” Tzuyu smirks.

 

“No…” Sana went wide eyed at Tzuyu’s smirk, “Oh my gosh no! You won’t do that!”

 

The younger one burst into a loud, uncharacteristic laugh, “You should have seen your face. I should do this more often.”

 

“That’s not fair!” Sana tugs firmly at Tzuyu’s cheeks once before running away.

 

“Yah-” Tzuyu winces, “Yaaah! I’m not gonna run after you!” She yells at the running figure, rubbing at her cheek, surprised at the older girl’s playfulness tonight.

 

“Come on slow poke!” Sana shouts back while laughing, gesturing with both arms flailing cutely.

 

“No, not gonna run!” Tzuyu rolls her eyes playfully and makes her way over, purposefully slow, earning another pinch on the cheek upon arrival.

 

“Since when are you so teasing hmm?”

 

“Since…” The younger girl blinks upon realization, “I don’t know... Now?”

 

Sana notices a faint tinge of worry in Tzuyu’s eyes, “Now seems like a good time to start.” She smiles softly.

 

“Mhm...” She hums in response, a little lost for words.

 

“Well, here we are.”

 

Tzuyu lifts her head and sees the building which the two Japanese girls live in, “Oh, Momo too right?”

 

“Yeah, we’ve been here for a year.” Sana chuckles and turns around to face the younger.

 

“Seems convenient...” Tzuyu’s words were being ignored.

 

“Umm…” Sana interrupts gently with a shy smile, contemplating if she should say it.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thanks for accompanying me back, Tzuyu ah...”

 

“No problem, really.”

 

“You’re actually really sweet behind that cold exterior.” Sana reaches out for Tzuyu’s hand again, “And since the book was just an excuse... I guess your mission for the night is complete.” She chuckles, eyes sparkling from her pretty eye smile.




 

And for the first time, Tzuyu finds herself blushing.