Chapter 8

Miracle in December

Life was so much better since that night two weeks ago. Sometimes I felt extremely blessed because God gave me so much happiness, but sometimes I worried over nothing, afraid that someday things would change. I decided just to live my life now, enjoyed the present that I got.

Today was the last work day before the other weekend come. I dropped Jinah in front of the hospital and promised her to pick her up at 5 later before I went to the office. The work was just as usual but the boss asked me to go to China next two weeks. He told me to go on a meeting with the owner of a big company there who wanted to build the other company in Korea. It was a little bit hard actually because I don’t want to be parted from Jinah, but what could I do. I hoped she will understand.

At five, I arrived in front of the hospital. I leaned on the door of my car and waited for my wife. There she was, with Yura next to her. She waved at me cheerfully.

“Hi dear,” I panted a peck on her lips. “Hi Yura.” I waved to Yura.

“Hi Kris.” Yura waved back to me.

“Kris, you know what? Jjong asked Yura to be his girlfriend last weekend. They are dating.” Jinah chirped cutely.

“Really? Congratulation Yura…you are a success fan I guess.” I was sincerely happy for her and Jonghyun.

“We are going to have a double date today, is that okay with you? They will pay for the meal.” Jinah carefully asked for an agreement.

“Aren’t you tired? I am fine as long as you’re fine.” I looked at her with a little worry. I didn’t want Jinah to tire herself.

She shook her head. “I am fine.” She grabbed Yura’s hand with her free one. “Yura is going to go with us and we will meet Jjong in the restaurant.”

“Sure.” I nodded.

The journey was not quiet at all because Yura told us about everything. The story after we had the dinner with the boys, the moment when Jonghyun started to call her first, their first date, the time when he asked Yura to be his girlfriend, it was all so complete.

In no time, we arrived at the place. Jonghyun was already there and read the menu when we came closer. He looked at us and stood up.

“Jjong oppa! I missed you.” Yura came to his embrace and planted a small peck in his check.

“Yura, no PDA!” He let go of the hug. “Hi baby!” He hugged Jinah and kissed her forehead. Yura looked so pissed because Jonghyun was so cold toward her. The later man then moved to hugged me.

“You should understand woman better bro, seriously!” I let go of the hug. “Congrats you two!” I said.

“You should really learn something from Kris, Oppa!” Yura folded her arms together, completed by the pout.

Jinah and I laughed because she looked so childish.

“What? Do you want me to kiss you like this?” Joghyun kissed her check. “Or here?” then he kissed her forehead. “Or here?” he moved to her lips.

Yura then felt much better and hugged her boyfriend. “I love you.”

“I really didn’t know that you have this kind of image, Jonghyun!” I was still surprised.

“Don’t be surprised Kris. I knew it just now.” Jinah was also surprised.

“Well, blame this woman then!” Jonghyun sent a glare to Yura. “How’s life? And what is my niece doing there?” He asked.

“It’s all in control uncle Jjong. And baby is doing very fine.” Jinah caressed her tummy which grew bigger each day.

We talked basically about everything. I even asked Jonghyun about when would he get married with Yura and he just said that he had no time to think about it which made Yura felt so down. Jinah talked about her daily routine too and her plan for our baby.

Time flies liked a bullet. We had so much fun but we had to go home. Jinah and I arrived at home at around 8. Jinah went straight to the bathroom to clean herself. And me, I made a glass of milk for her. It was the part of my duty as a good husband and father right?

I placed the milk in the night stand right after Jinah came out from the bathroom.

“Here is your milk, baby!” I gave her the milk.

“Thanks honey.” She grabbed the glass and threw a smile to me.

“Stop it. Stop trying to seduce me Jinah. I’m already fallen for you.” I patted her head. “I’m going to take a bath first. Place the glass there after you finished and sleep, okay?”

“Yes, Sir!” She made a salute gesture.

When I came out from the bathroom, Jinah was already in the bed. She looked at me and smiled.

“I told you to sleep, right?” I ruffled my wet hair and then walked closer before sat down in the other side of the bed.

“I haven’t heard your story today. I missed you.” She opened her arms, tried to embrace me.

I placed her between my arms instead. I kissed the top of her head.

“Well, actually I have something to tell you.” I started to talk while my hands still protectively wrapped around Jinah’s body. “There is this one Chinese client who wants to build his new building here in Korea. He wanted to meet me in two weeks. He wants me to go to China. What do you think about it?”

“Go then. It’s your work, Kris. I will wait you here with her.” She looked at her growing tummy.

“No, I want you to stay with your family at home. I bet they miss you too. And besides, they will protect you when I am not here.” I just worried that something bad would happen to my wife and my child if I left them alone here.

“How long will you be there?” She asked.

“I’m going to leave on Tuesday morning and go back on Friday night.” I was trying to calculate the time. “The meeting will be conducted until Friday afternoon I guess.”

“You can meet your Mom first; spend the weekend there with her. You can go back here on Sunday.” She smiled to me. “I know you don’t want to leave me that long because, believe me, I don’t want to be parted with you too. But we still have forever to be spent together right?”

“Thanks Jinah. And let me think about it.” I kissed her forehead and pecked her lips. “Now, let’s sleep.”

***

The day when I had to go to China came really fast. It was Monday night with warmer weather than before, in the end of January. I went to my in-laws’ house to spend the night there before I went to the airport in the following morning. I would leave Jinah there until Sunday morning. I decided to spend some days with my mother too in China, taking her in a simple date. Well, she deserved it.

After the dinner, I went straight to the bedroom and waited for Jinah. She was still helping her mother in the kitchen to wash the dishes. I bet her Mom wanted to spend more time too with her daughter, right?

I was looking at my phone when Jinah came inside the room. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I placed the phone in the night stand and patted the space beside me, inviting Jinah to sit down there.

She sat down beside me and hugged me tight. “I will miss you, Kris.”

I kissed the top of her head. “I will miss you too, dear.” I caressed Jinah’s tummy. “And I will miss you so much, baby girl.”

“Time flies so fast, we only have to wait for four more months until we meet her, right?” Jinah placed her free hand in her tummy.

I grabbed that hand. “I have to be patience even though I want to meet my baby so much.”

“For the check up tomorrow, I’ll go with Mom.” She said.

“I will call you soon after the meeting.” Of course I didn’t forget about the checkup. This was one thing that made me hard to leave these two goddesses actually. I would really miss my baby.

I was a little bit more protective toward the pregnancy because two days ago Jinah said that she shed blood from her womanhood. I was so shocked but she said that it was fine and she would ask it to the doctor on the next meeting.

“Kris, are you okay?” Jinah looked at me.

I tried to get a grip on myself. I must be zoned out again, overthinking. “I’m sorry. I am thinking too much about the incident two days ago. Sorry Jinah.” I said honestly.

“Don’t worry too much Daddy. Everything will be fine.” She kissed my lips.