Chapter 4

Miracle in December

After waited for a long time, finally the big day came. I waited for my bride in the end of the aisle. I heard nothing but my own heartbeats right now. My mind went blank. I remembered nothing. My life would change in less than five minutes from now.

Scratched that! My life stopped when the big door was being opened. The most beautiful woman was walking slowly with her foster father beside her. Her smile captivated me perfectly. She looked nervous yet flawless. She came slowly to me and she was here in no time. I blinked my eyes when the man beside her gave me his daughter’s hand.

“I give my princess to you, Kris. Make her your queen.” He smiled to me and then to his princess.

The mentioned woman gave him a small peck in his cheek before held my hand.

“I promise you, Dad. I’ll always treat her well. Thanks.” I bowed to him.

Time went slow for a moment, or did it stop? I didn’t know. The moment here, now, was engraved well in my mind and my heart. The moment when the priest said that I was hers and she was mine.

I looked at her when the priest asked me to kiss my bride. I could hear the boys screamed toward us. I barely had a proper date with this woman, and now I have to kiss her? Were you kidding me?

I took a breath. “You okay?” I asked her, just to make sure that she would be fine with this.

She nodded slowly, still showing me her best smile.

I took another breath and went closer to her. I looked at her eyes and then to her lips. It was definitely irresistible. I closed my eyes and placed my lips on hers.

***

The after party was really fun. I couldn’t take my eyes off of the girl beside me. She was the perfect description of perfection. We had our first dance too. I held into her waist protectively, afraid that she would fall. When she was dancing with her father, she looked so comfortable in his embrace. I was watching her from a far when suddenly I felt a light tap in my shoulder. The boys were around me.

“Are you that happy?” Jongin said.

“You didn’t even realize that we were here since minutes ago.” Chanyeol gave a protest.

“Congratulation hyung. I am happy for you.” Kyungsoo hugged me, followed by the other boys.

“My life is complete now.” I smiled to them.

“Oh my god, cheesy!” Baekhyun frowned in disgust.

“Go find your muse, marry her, and you will know what I am saying now.” I chuckled.

The boys laughed at him to.

“Thank you Kris, for doing this for my little sister.” Jonghyun wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Shut up. She is mine now, Jonghyun.” I warned him jokingly.

I tried to look for my bride when I saw her walked to me and the boys with Yura, her best friend.

“Hi boys.” She greeted them and gave them a hug one by one.

“Kris, I want to officially introduce you to my best friend, Yura.” I gave the later girl a handshake.

“It’s really nice to officially meet you, Yura.” I threw a smile.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Kris.” We let go of our hands. “Nana said a lot of good things about you.” Yura let out a chuckle while Jinah glared at her. “But, I think, Jjong Oppa is much better. I am sorry, Nana.” She teased my girl.

“Stop that, Yura.” Jonghyun was dead red now. He looked so shy.

“So Kris, Yura is Jjong’s number one fans.” Jinah gave me a simple explanation.

“I see. So, Jonghyun, why don’t you accept her feeling?” I teased my brother-in-law.

“Yura is very beautiful, Hyung. Don’t let her go.” Baekhyun made a great point, finally.

We were all laughing because Jonghyun’s face was just priceless. He couldn’t say any words.

The boys stop teasing Jonghyun and kept saying congratulation words to me and Jinah. They even warned her about me and my weird behavior. I just rolled my eyes.

“Noted. Don’t worry boys; I’ll be fine with this man, right Kris?” She looked at me.

I wrapped my hand in her waist. “Of course you will.” I kissed her temple.

“Owhhhh,,,,,” The boys and Yura screamed in sync. “The PDA is starting boys! Be careful with your eyes!” Sehun took a step back.

“You both go to your apartment after this?” Kyungsoo asked.

“No, we will stay at my home tonight. Why? You guys want to sleep-over?” Jinah offered them. I slightly glared at her. I knew we would not do ‘it’ tonight but we need more time to get closer too.

“Can we? I wanted to install some cameras inside your room before you go in.” Jong In said and the rest laughed like no tomorrow.

I looked at my woman and she blushed crazily. Her face was red because of the joke.

“You chose the wrong words, Jinah.” I whispered to her.

“Stop it boys! Aren’t you tired?” Jonghyun played the role again, oldest. It successfully shut the boys up.

***

It was midnight when finally we reached home. I said my goodnight greeting toward my parents – in – law and went to the second floor with Jinah.

Jonghyun stopped me suddenly. “Not so loud, Kris and be careful, she is pregnant.”

I couldn’t believe that he said it too. “Jonghyun, not you too!”

Jinah blushed again. “JJong!”

Then we came inside her room. For tonight, it was ours.

“You can use the bathroom first; I am going to clean my make-up.” She sat down in front of her dresser.

I sat down in the end of the bed, facing her back. “Jinah, I am sorry about the kiss before. Are you really okay with that?”

She turned around, looked at my eyes. “I am fine, Kris. We did it too once, before, right? I am your wife, and you have the right of me.”

“I promised you that we will take everything slowly, right? I am not going to force you to love me, just please try. Tell me if my words or my acts make you uncomfortable, will you?” I caressed her cheek and she leaned on it.

“I promised you that I’ll try to love you, right?” She smiled. “I will tell you if I feel uncomfortable.”

“Okay, let me use the bathroom first. See you in a while, my queen.” I kissed her forehead before went to the bathroom.

I was drifting to sleep when I felt that someone was sitting in the other side of the bed. I turned around and found her in her night gown.

“Just sleep already, Kris.” She looked at me in her calm gaze.

“Are you okay? I mean. If you want me to sleep in the couch, I will…” I sleepily tried to sit down and grabbed my pillow.

“It’s fine, just sleep here.” She caressed my bangs. It made me sleepier.

“You sure?” I was worried. But, I threw all of the negative things from my brain and lay back down.

She nodded and lay down beside me. I tried to close my eyes again but the view in front of me was just distracting.

“Thanks Kris, and I am sorry.” She said. “I can give you nothing but my promise to try to love you.”

I held her right hand. “Stop the ‘thanks’ and ‘sorry’ things, Jinah. I love you and I don’t need that words. Having you here with me is more than enough. I’ll try my best to be a good husband and a good father for our baby.” I kissed the top of her head. I could smell the scent of her shampoo. It was my favorite, fresh vanilla.

Jinah was wrinkling her forehead and placed her free hand in her little bump.

“What’s wrong, Jinah? Are you hurting somewhere?” Something happened and it made me afraid.

“I think I felt it, the baby’s kick. Yura said that I will start to feel it soon.” She smiled toward the bump. “Are you happy there, baby?” She talked to it. She talked to her own tummy? I thought I have to read some books about this too. “It kicked me again!” She chirped happily.

I lowered my body to face the little bump. I looked at Jinah’s eyes, asking for permission, and she nodded. I placed my hand on it. It was strange.

“Hey there, this is Daddy. Can you hear me?” I felt a small movement inside. It was awesome. I chuckled.

“It’s time for you to sleep, give Mom her time to take a rest too. We will play again tomorrow, okay?” another kick came. “Good baby.” I caressed and kiss it before move to my pillow again.

“You did great, Daddy!” Jinah gave me her assuring smile.

I smiled to her. “Do you want a girl or a boy?”

“I just want a healthy baby, whether it is a girl or a boy, it doesn’t matter.” She looked at me lovingly.

“Sure. Boy or girl, as long as the baby is healthy, it doesn’t matter.” I placed my hand on her tummy again. “The baby is sleeping. And now, the mother has to get some rest too, right? Sleep tight, dear.” I kissed her forehead before we both drifted to sleep.

***

The morning came fast. The sun shines brightly tried to melt away the snow. It was almost Christmas and the snows never stopped falling from the dark sky since I came here last November. It had to be cold here, but my body was warm.

I stirred in my sleep after the brightness of the sun slapped me right in my closed eyes after broke through the small gap between the curtains. I opened my eyes slowly and surprised with the best view in front of me. I tried to remember each second that happened last night. The woman in front of me still held my hand tight since then.

She greeted me with her shinning smile. “Good morning, Kris.”

“Good morning, Jinah. Did you sleep well?” I rubbed my eyes with my free hand. “Why didn’t you wake me up? Did you stay silent too long?” I asked her.

“How can I leave if you hold my hand tightly like this?” She showed me our intertwined hands.

I smiled to her, still tried to open my eyes. “I am afraid that you will go away or the days before were just a sweet dream.” I moved to her small bump and kiss it. “Good morning, baby. Are you awake?”

Jinah smiled. “The baby was up since 5. It even asked me to play.”

“You should sleep more, baby. Mom needs to rest too.” I kissed it again before move to Jinah’s forehead.

“What are we going to do today?” I asked Jinah.

“Wake up, clean yourself, breakfast, and then we have to go to the airport to send your mother off. We don’t have much time so hurry up!” She caressed my cheek lovingly.

After done with my morning routine, I went downstairs to have my breakfast together with my new official family members. I saw Jinah with her mother prepared the meals in the kitchen. Her father sat down in the dining chair with a cup of coffee and a newspaper in his hands, indeed, a man in his late 50s.

“Good morning Mom, Dad.” I sat down in my usual place.

“Good morning, my new son – in - law.” Dad just took a glance and continued his reading.

“Hi Kris! Have a nice sleep?” Mom gave me a sweet smile and ruffled my hair.

“Of course, Mom. The best guardian angel was with me last night.” I stole a glance to her daughter and made her blushed.

“Stop it! Will you?” She slapped my arm and then gave me my fried rice. “Coffee? Tea?” She asked me.

“White warm milk.” I smiled to her.

“A kid.” She walked away and rolled her eyes.

“Good morning everybody.” Jonghyun came from his cave and gave us his greeting. She kissed the two precious women and then sat down in front of me. “Owh,,,,how can I survive from this sea of sweetness? Mom and Dad were more than enough, and now I have to deal with the new couple.”

“Get married then!” Dad placed down his newspaper and grabbed his spoon, started to eat.

Jinah sat down beside me after gave me my milk, while her mother was between Jonghyun and Dad.

“Dad, it’s not like I didn’t try, right? Girls are just too hard to be handled.” He scoped his fried rice and ate it.

“You turned them down before you knew them, Jjong. Should I mention all of their names?” Jinah snapped back at him. The others just let out some laughs.

“Stop it kids.” Mom took down her spoon. “Jjong, if you can’t find a girl to be married in a year, I will force you to marry one of my friends’ daughter. You get it?” Mom gave him a serious look.

“Mom, you don’t do that!” Jonghyun couldn’t believe this.

“Trust me, she is serious, dude.” Dad patted his shoulder and gave him a good-luck look.

Despite the coldness outside, this morning felt so warm inside the house. I was happy for having them by my side right now.

The breakfast went good. It was two hours before my mother’s departure when my wife and I went outside to go to the airport. The journey was so comfortable. I still smiled over nothing.

“Kris, you better focus on the road and put off that creepy smile from your face.” Jinah looked at me in disbelieve.

“Why? What’s wrong with my smile? I am just extremely happy right now.” I took a glance at her.

“Are you that happy?” She asked.

“Jinah, are you serious? Is that even a question? Of course I am!” I grabbed her left hand and kissed it gently. “Nothing can be better and more perfect than this, having you here with me, being my wife, being a mother for my kids. Don’t you think so?”

“Thanks, Kris.” she held my hand with her other hand. “If only you came earlier before the nightmare, I think I will have a perfect fairy tale.” She looked down at our hands.

“Jinah, just please don’t remember the bad memories from the past. We will write the best stories from now on, hm?” I her hands. She nodded and smiled at me.

If only I could delete some memories from your head, I would definitely do it, Jinah. I hated it when you remember them. I hated myself why I was a coward back then. If only I could stay with you here, this would never happen. I was sorry, dear.

The airport was so crowded like always. I wrapped my wife in my arm, protected her from the crowd. I found my mother stood in front of her gate.

“Good morning, Mom.” I kissed her cheek and hugged her.

“Good morning, Kris.” She let go of the hug and then moved to the lady beside me. She gave her a hug too. “Good morning, Jinah.”

“Good morning too, Mom.” She smiled at my mom.

“How was last night? Did he do great?” my mother started to tease us.

“Mom, stop it. We did nothing, okay!” I rolled my eyes.

“Euwh,,,,you both are blushing. I love it.” She was clapping like a kid with a new toy. “Just do your best, Yifan. I want my daughter and my grandchild to be happy. Promise me!” My mother held my wife’s hand and then her growing tummy.

“I promise you that, Mom. Don’t worry!” I put my hand on my wife’s waist.

“Mom, I have a present for you. This is nothing compared to what you gave me.” Jinah took something out from the shopping bag that she brought. “I knitted it myself. I made a scarf for you.”

My mother took it with both of her hands. She looked at in in awe. “Thank you, Jinah. This is beautiful.” She hugged my wife again. Jinah helped my mother to wear it around her neck.

“It looked good on you, Mom, seriously.” I was smiling watching these two wonderful women.

“Thanks, Yifan. You give me the best daughter – in – law.” My mom just patted my arm. “Okay, I have to leave now.”

“Take care mom!” I hugged her tight for the last time before sent her off.

“Don’t forget about your promise!” She gave me a peck on my left cheek. She hugged Jinah again “Call me often, dear. I can’t wait to meet this baby.” She caressed her bump.

“I’ll call you, Mom. I promise. And this spoiled baby can’t wait to meet grandma too, right baby?” They both laughed after felt a small kick there.

“Okay, I really have to go now. Bye!” she walked inside and left us in our own thinking in front of the gate.

Honestly, I wanted her to stay here with me. She was not young anymore. I wanted her to live with me later after her retirement which was just 5 more years. But she loved her job too much. She moved to the other branch in China and tried to develop the company there.

I went back to the Hong’s house and packed our belongings, just some clothes and other things actually. Almost all of Jinah’s things were already moved to my old apartment. Yep, that one. My mother insisted me to stay at our old apartment instead of bought the new one for my little family. She wanted me to share my happy memories with my wife and my children.

We bid our goodbye to the Hongs. There were no tears here since the distance between the two places was not that far. We could come back anytime we want.

A wonderful new world was right in front of me. I knew that everything would not be completely perfect, but with this lady beside me I thought I could face any problem.

 

***

Next chapter....please give lots of love <3
Comments and subcribers are very welcomed here..

Thanks :*

lots of love,

Luloverdose