Chapter 7

Miracle in December

After the peace morning in the Hongs’ home, Jinah and I continued the journey. We headed to the hospital to check on our baby. Not too long after, we arrived in the hospital and went straight to the doctor’s room. Jinah laid down on the bed and the doctor started to prepare anything. She placed something, like gel, in Jinah’s tummy and used a tool to press on it

Okay, I was nervous. This was the first time I saw that part of her body. And it surprised me that the bump looked bigger than usual. I mean, I only looked it from outside and touched it often, but it definitely looked different.

“Hi baby,,, your Mommy and Daddy are here.” Said the doctor.

I could see a small creature from the monitor. It was so exciting. That was my baby, the one who always kicked Jinah’s tummy when I talked to it. I looked at Jinah and she smiled to me.

Jinah looked at the monitor too. “Hi baby, Mommy’s here. I missed you so much. Are you fine there?”

Then surprisingly, it gave a little movement which could be clearly seen in the monitor.

I came closer to Jinah and held her hand. “Daddy’s here too, dear. Can you hear me?” and another movement came.

I looked at Jinah and she looked at me too. We smiled, feeling the bliss together.

“Mommy, the baby is doing fine, it’s growing well.” She paused for a second and looked at me and Jinah. “Do you want to know the gender?”

Jinah and me nodded together, so excited about this.

The doctor moved the tool and showed us the different side of the baby.

“You’re little girl is here Mommy and Daddy.” She said.

That’s a girl. I couldn’t stop my eyes from producing tears. And it was finally streamed down my face. I really couldn’t imagine it. My baby girl,,,you must be so beautiful just like your mother. I promise to protect you with all of my life.

“Kris? Are you okay?” Jinah looked so worried because she knew that I rarely cried.

I nodded. “Thanks Jinah, for this little miracle.” I kissed the back of her hand.

The meeting with the doctor was over. She told me to watch over my wife, made sure that she ate well, slept well, and always happy. She told Jinah to eat more because the weight of the baby needs more improvement. We promised to meet again next month before we bid our goodbye.

It was almost 6 p.m. when I was inside the car with Jinah.

“Let’s eat something before we went home. Do you want to eat something?” I asked the girl beside me.

“I want to eat chicken. And can we please invite Jong In? He will like it.” She answered.

“You miss him, huh?” I was a little bit annoyed because I only wanted to spend the time with her.

“Oh come on Mr. Wu. You’re not being jealous right?” She caressed my check.

“I am. But I gave up because of your touch.” I smiled to her. “Should we invite the other boys too? And Yura of course.”

“That’s a good idea.” She let go of my hand and took her phone. “I’m going to call your Mom first.”

She found the number and pressed the dial. After a view seconds, the line was connected. “Good evening Mom!” She chirped happily. I could hear that my Mom was so happy on the end of the line. “Yeah, he is with me. We met the doctor and did the check-up already.” She stopped for a moment. “What do you want, grandma?” She smiled. “Congratulation,,, your wish comes true. Your granddaughter is on its way.” They laughed together. “Do you want to talk to your son?” Jinah took a glance to me. “Hahahaha,,sure. I will tell him later. Goodbye Mom, stay healthy there, don’t forget to eat well and take your vitamin. I love you.” And the call ended.

I was surprised. “Wait! She didn’t want to talk to me?”

“She said that she just missed me and our baby girl.” She laughed hard.

“God, even my own mother threw me away.” I was just joking actually, and she laughed more.

“Don’t worry Kris. I’ll catch you.” She grabbed my hand after placed her phone back.

The restaurant was not too crowded. There were only some customers near the front window. I chose to sit almost in the back of the restaurant because it was warmer inside and beside this would be so noisy later, because of the boys of course.

Jinah sat down beside me and we order the food first. It’s all about chicken of course, Jong In’s favorite. Not long after we ordered, the boys came together.

“Hyung!!! Noona!!” They shout out in unison without the calm Kyungsoo. It was not his style. They hugged me and Jinah one by one.

“I really missed you both!” The maknae Sehun hugged us longer. I patted his back while Jinah patted his head. Then he sat down next to me.

You two looked so happy. Glad to see that.” Kyungsoo said to us and sat down in front of me with Jong In and Chanyeol next to him.

“How is your marriage life?” Chanyeol asked directly to me.

“Nothing can be better than this, right Jinah?” I looked at my smiling wife and she nodded.

“Hyung, I think it will be better to eat now because Jong In is already starting.” Bakhyun said and looked at the mentioned boy, followed by us.

“I’m sorry all, but chicken is really irresistible.” He ate his second drumstick. “Where is Jonghyun hyung?” He asked.

“I thought you remember nothing now but the chicken Jong In.” I . We all laughed.

“He is still on his way, with Yura.” Jinah was explaining that she forced her brother to pick her best friend up.

The boys laughed hard, imagining Joghyun’s face and how happy Yura was. Not long after, the two people came.

“Nana, I missed you!” Yura ran to my wife and hugged her tight. “ Hi Kris!” She only waved to me. “Jjong oppa, sit here.” She pated the empty space next to her.

“Wwwwooooo…..” The boys were so excited to tease Jonghyun, and me too of course.

“Will we hear the good news soon?” Chanyeol let go of his hugged with Jonghyun and added the tease.

“Stop that boys.” He finished the hug round and sat down next to Yura who was busily chatting with my wife.

“So, you found out about the gender?” She asked Jinah in full of excitement.

Jinah nodded happily and looked at me.

“Ok boys, and Yura..this is a big news. I went to the doctor with Jinah before and we asked about the gender. And the result is, I am going to have a daughter!” I was just beyond excited to tell them the news.

“Really?” Jong In stopped from his eating activity and looked at us with his widened eyes. Well, actually all of the boys’ ayes were now on me and Jinah.

“Yes, it’s a girl.” Jinah said. I held her hand and kissed its back.

“Congratulation you both!” Kyungsoo said.

Yura gave another hug to Jinah. “She will be as pretty as her mom. Oh my God, I can’t wait to meet her.”

“We are going to have a niece! Put your hands up!” Baekhyun threw his hands in the air.

Jonghyun reached for my hand and grabbed it tightly. “Congratulation. I believe in you” He mouthed to me.

The dinner was really awesome; we shared fun stories, talked about anything and didn’t forget to tease Jonghyun and Yura. I really hoped that something good would happen to these two people soon.

I and Jinah reached home at around eight. She went directly to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. She washed and took a bite.

I placed my wallet and the key in the table and then followed my wife. I hugged her from behind and planted a soft kiss in her temple. She was surprised but then looked so comfortable. “Mommy’s still hungry?” I asked.

She laughed a bit. “Jong In ate the chicken more than me so yeah,,, I need more food for my baby.” Then she took another bite.

I caressed the bump. “My girl must be so happy there because Mommy spoils her, right?” and there, the small kick came.

We laughed because of the movement.

She finished her apple and threw the trash to the bin. And she turned around. She placed her hands in my neck then looked straight to my eyes. “Kris, I will be really big later, not only the bump, but all over my body. You won’t see my slim side anymore.”

I smiled because of her thought. I pecked her lips. “You will always have my heart no matter what. You will always be the one because I know that I will love you the same, even more. Don’t think about those silly things that will never happen, Jinah.”

She kissed me, deeper than usual. I really almost lost my mind because of it. I pulled myself together and ended the kiss.

“Jinah, we promised to take everything slowly right?” I smiled to her.

“Are you rejecting me?” She looked sad because of my words.

“No! of course not. Am I crazy?” I hugged her and I could feel that she was crying silently. “Jinah, I don’t want you to feel obligated to do this because we are married now. I am fine if I have to wait longer.”

She let go of the hug and looked at me with her teary eyes. “Kris, I know it. I mean, I think we know each other enough since forever, I even told you that I love you since a week ago right? I still am. I love you more than before. You prove everything to me Kris. You changed me.”

“You sure about this?” I asked her one more time.

She nodded and then gave me the other kiss, deeper and more passionate than before. My hands were wrapping her body protectively while her hands are in my neck and sometimes grabbed my hair softly.

I stopped the kiss and took a deep breath. “Jinah, we need to move somewhere. We are still in the kitchen, you know.” We both laughed and then continued the kiss while walking to our bedroom.