Chapter 3

Miracle in December

Time went fast like the cold breeze which wiped away any warm in the air. Jinah still stayed quiet for the last 2 days. I knew that she had many things to think, but I couldn’t help myself. I really wanted to end this wait as soon as possible. I wanted to hear she said ‘yes’ to my proposal.

It’s a cold Saturday morning when my phone vibrated slowly. I got a text message from Jinah. She asked me to come to Kamong in the evening, a cafe near the hospital where she worked in. This message definitely made me nervous. I had no other choice but faced this right?

Around 4, I came inside the promised place and ordered something before found a place to sit. I thought that a place near a big window was perfect. I could watch people moved around while waiting for her.

“Hi Kris.” A sweet voice broke my daydream.

“Oh,,,Jinah. Have you ordered something?” I asked her.

“I did.” She smiled while took a sit in front of me.

“Good.” I looked a way for a second. It was hard to deal with my nervousness. “So, how is it? My question?”

“Actually I thought about it a lot. I asked my parents and Jonghyun about it too. But you told them already, so……yeah, I didn’t have to explain too much about it to them.” She began to explain.

“Your order is here, Miss.” The waitress gave Jinah her green tea latte.

“Thank you.” She smiled to her politely and took a sip of her drink.

I looked at her, wishing her to continue her words. My heart was beating extremely fast.

“I really don’t want to make life harder for you Kris. You know all of the consequences, right? Please think of it carefully, wisely. Don’t rush things.” She told me.

I closed my eyes for seconds. Then I looked straight to her eyes. “Jinah, I know the consequences, I thought a lot about it too, and the first and last thing which came to my mind was just it. I want to marry you. If I don’t have a confidence to love you, I wouldn’t even start it.”

“Are you sure?” She asked me again.

“How should I convince you that I am serious?” I was so sure about this decision.

“What did your parents say about this?” She asked me again.

“They support me of course. They know you and your family well.” I told her about my talk with my parents days ago.

“Okay, Kris. I asked you once again?” She stopped. “Are you serious about this?”

“I really am.” I locked my eyes on hers.

“Okay, then. I’ll marry you.” Her eyes were sparkling. The mirrors there were slowly broke and melted.

I held her hands, smiling widely watching the most beautiful girl in the universe said yes to my proposal. “I know this will be hard, but please, try to love me. We’ll take everything slowly. We’ll start from the very beginning like another normal couple, so please……try to love me.”

She nodded. “I’ll try. I’ll try to love you Kris.”

 

 

It was strange, the atmosphere. I was in a car with Jinah to take her home. She didn’t say any word and so did I. The silent was comfortable yet exciting. I couldn’t believe that this lady beside me finally accepted my proposal. I was the happiest man on earth now, I smiled over nothing.

“Jinah, can I asked you many things?” I broke the silence.

“What is it?” She looked at me.

“How do you want to live?” I took a glance on her.

“I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it yet. Do you have any idea?” She asked me back.

“What about……we have our own home, in a small apartment just for the three of us? Even though I only start working next 2 days, but I have my own savings for it. How is it? I am sorry that you have to struggle with this kind of life. But I promise that I will work harder for our family.” I felt truly sorry for her. It was not like my parents have a big company to be given to me, of course they worked well, but I really wanted to stand on my own feet.

“Kris, we talked about this right? We are going to take everything slowly.” She smiled, threw my worry away. “I like your idea, a small apartment is perfect.”

“Thank you, Jinah.” I really admired this girl. “ehm,,,,can we get married next month?”

“You can talk to my parents and yours later. I’ll just follow every decision.” She said. “But, can we just make a small wedding? Just for family and close friends? I didn’t think that I am ready to face other people. I am afraid that they will look down on you.”

My right hand reached for her left. I it softly. “Sure, anything for you. And please don’t be afraid to what people say. They know nothing about you, about us. Don’t mind them. Just please be happy, Jinah. You have a little creature to be protected. The baby will not be happy if the mother is not happy.”

Suddenly she looked at her tummy. Her bump couldn’t be seen clearly yet, but she surely felt something was inside. “Hey baby, please grow up well. Mom loves you.” She caressed it with her other hand.

 

 

Days flied quickly and everything went well as planned. I started my work and it was perfectly fine, I could adapt well. The wedding plan was also smoothly settled. My mother in law was in charge of everything, along with my bride to be.

About that woman; I couldn’t spend my day without her. I was so clingy toward my future wife. I really tried hard to calm down my desire for meeting her, simply texting or calling.

Today I promised her to come to her house and have a dinner with her family. It was a week since I meet her in café before.

“Hi Jinah.” I smiled widely when I saw her opened the door for me.

“Hi Kris.” She smiled to me too.

“Hi boy!” Jonghyun walked to me and hugged me tight. I patted his back. “Come in.” he said.

I steal a glance to Jinah who was walking ahead. I missed her so much.

 “Hyung….!” I heard the word came out from other 5 men coming from the backyard.

“Hey guys!” I run to them to give them a big group hug. They were my other best friends.

It had been a long time since I meet these boys. They indeed grew well. Even though we always talked almost every day in a group chat room or even Skype and phone calls, met them now was completely a different feeling.

“Kris, actually I planned this with Jinah. I knew that you missed the boys but you have no time to meet them yet, so…we make the time.” I took a glance to the girl beside me.

“Thanks” I mouthed silently to her. “Thanks Jonghyun.” I smiled to him. “Guys, I really missed you all.” I spread my vision to every of them.

“Stop it Hyung! You have no time for us, anyway.” Sehun, the maknae spoke up. He didn’t look like a maknae at all.

“Yap, so damn true!” Jong In, the other maknae followed after.

The other just laughed watching the two maknaes whining.

“Kris hyung, how was Canada?” Kyungsoo, the calmest kid was still the same, not so into joking.

“It was good. But I prefer to be here.” I took a glance toward Jinah.

“Euwh,,,” The boys shouted in sync.

“Ms. Soon to be Wu, please be careful. That man sometimes can be a total kid!” the boy with big ears, Chanyeol, took his chance to tease me.

“I couldn’t agree more!” Baekhyun surely never lost his playfulness too.

“At least, I never get that ‘beagle line’ name.” I remembered their nickname.

“Noted.” Jinah smiled to them. I looked at her in disbelieve.

We all sat around the bench and chairs in the back yard. They wanted to have a barbecue party. Chanyeol was in charge of the fire while Kyungsoo prepared the meat. Bakhyun help them with the rice and vegetables. The maknaes were busy with Jonghyun preparing the beverages and fruits.

“Where are mom and dad?” I asked Jinah who sat down beside me. I looked around, looked for the two elders.

“They went to Jeju, the nth honeymoon. Funny right?” She said while let out a small chuckle.

“I envy them actually. They are very romantic. I want to be like them too, with you.” I elbowed her hand.

She looked at me with her redden face. “You’re impossible, Kris. I never knew that you are this cheesy.”

“Get ready for the mozzarella later!” I told her and then stood up to help Jonghyun bringing the fruits.

Jong In looked around and realized something. “Hyung, can we order some chicken too?”

We were all laughing watching that boy.

“Jongin, you are not sick of it?” I chuckled.

“Hyung, he can eat chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.” Sehun told me.

“And even for his snacks of course.” Baekhyun teased the chicken mania more.

I looked at them one by one, thanking God for giving me these people to accompany me spending my live. I had the adorable boys with me, an amazing Jinah, and the bonus……a little creature in her womb. I couldn’t ask more than this happiness to last forever.

After the dinner, the boys went back to their own home. I helped Jonghyun and Jinah to clean the home first. Jonghyun took a can of beer and an orange juice and brought them to the living room, where I and Jinah sat down watching some random reality show.

“Here you go, a refreshing drink after a great dinner.” Jonghyun gave me the beer while the orange juice for Jinah.

“Thanks, bro.” I thanked him.

“I want to rest so, just talk comfortably. If you want to go home, just go, I won’t send you off. Bye Kris.” He patted my shoulder and then kissed the top of Jinah’s head. “Good night, sweety.”

He went to his room in the second floor, leaving me with his cousin alone. Okay, this was a little bit awkward. I meant….nothing.

“Ehm…” I cleared my throat then took a sip of the beer. “Jinah, actually I am jealous.”

She took a sip of her drink and then looked at me with her widen eyes. “Why? With who?” She put down her glass in the table in front of us.

I took another sip and put the can beside her drink. “The boys, you looked so comfortable around them and even when they hugged you before they left. And Jonghyun, he can kiss you anytime.” I looked at my own hands while playing with them.

Jinah smiled and chuckled in a low volume, but I still could hear it.

“Is that funny?” I said.

“I remember what Chanyeol and Baekhyun said before; you can be a total kid sometimes. I think I understand it now.” Okay, this was a little bit annoying.

“Look, Kris. They were my friends too. I grew older around them, of course it was comfortable. And about Jonghyun, I can say nothing since he always do it, and if I tell you more about us, I think you will be more jealous.” She laughed.

“You won’t tell me?” I was curious yet hate it.

“I sleep with him when I have bad dreams. I knock on his door with my pillow in my hand and ask him to let me sleep in his room, with him.” She smiled remembering her own childish act.

I let out a sigh and drank half of my beer. “I think it’s better not to know about it.” I looked at her eyes. “But don’t worry; you won’t need him later after we get married.” Now, it was time for me to laugh. The beer worked well in my brain.

I looked at her face and it got redder. I frowned. “Are you that uncomfortable around me?”

She looked away and played with her hands. “It’s not like that, but,,, how can I explain this.” She took a deep breath. “It’s strange. We happen so fast. When you do nothing, I think you are afraid that you will make me uncomfortable, then I want you to make a move more or even I want to make the first move to make you more confident toward us. But after you finally do something, I can’t control myself from blushing and feeling so shy. I don’t know, Kris. I don’t understand myself. I am sorry”

I cupped her face with my hands. “Don’t say sorry, I hate it.” I smiled when finally she looked at my eyes. “Tell me when you feel uncomfortable because of me.”

She nodded. I was still looking at her beautiful orbs when I felt that I want to taste that pink lips in mine. I blinked and got a grip on myself before something that I really wanted, happened.

“It’s late. I’ll go.” I kissed her forehead instead. She closed her eyes for a while.

She walked me to the front door while clasping her hand with mine. I turn around when we stopped in the front porch.

“Come inside, its cold here.” I placed her flying hair behind her ear. “Good night, dear.”

She grabbed my sweater when I turned around. She walked closer and then planted a small peck in my lips. “Good night and thank you.”

 

***

 

The third chapter is here. I hope you all like it.. :)
Please give me comments...I still stuck in the next chapters. should I make it with very sad, sad, or completely happy ending??
Thanks for reading my story..

lots of love,

Luloverdose