Worthless

When the nerd becomes a Prince

Once Miyoung reached school, she was busy asking around if anyone have a partner.She slowly approached a guy called Wonho who was tidying his locker. Since Wonho was a polite and kind guy, she decided to ask him first.

“Um, excuse me.” Miyoung said while pushing up her spectacle. She started to feel embarrassed as Wonho looked at her questioningly. “I was wondering if you have found your partner for the dance party.” Miyoung said shyly.

Hearing yhat, Wonho smiled and said,”Ah, I see. You are finding gea partner? Sorry, I’ve foiund mine. Maybe I can help you find one?” Miyoung’s face turned even redder in embarrassment and rejected his offer. She let out a hu sigh as she turned away from Wonho. A blonde hair guy caught her eyes.

*Byunghee?* She quickly ran to him and smacked his back. He jumped in surprise but smiled brightly at Miyoung once he recognised her.

“You’re Miyoung, right?” He pointed at her.

“Of course! How can you forgot!” She pretended to be angry. Byunghee was Miyoung’s childhood friend, they grew up together but Byunghee left for the United States during the first year of middle school.

“Why didn’t you tell me you came back?” Miyoung exclaimed and could not hide her smile.

“Aish, I just came back and was planning to give you a surprise.” He said and pouted. Miyoung laughed at his cuteness and nudged his shoulder.

“But hey, why are you wearing spectacle now? I almost couldn’t recognised you.” He said as he scrutinised her.

 She pushed back her spectacle and mumbled,”Myopia…” Byunghee nodded his head in understanding.

“Oh! Meet you later! I’m gonna continue my hunt for a dance partner!” She finished and rushed off

 

 


Kikwang was on his way to his classroom as he heard a shout from the lockers.

”I said get away!”

Kikwang widened his eyes in surprise and hid behind one of the lockers. He gasped as he saw Miyoung being pushed to the ground by a tall and strong guy.

“You have the guts to ask my brother to be your dance partner? Ha, you’re insane!” The bully kicked Miyoung hard and she cried in pain. Upon seeing this, Kikwang fumed in anger. Unknowingly, he felt like he should protect Miyoung. Without hesitating, he rushed towards Miyoung and grabbed her hands.

“Run!” Kikwang shouted to her. Both of them ran as quickly as they could until they reached the school entrance.

“Are you sure we are getting out of the school?” Miyoung hesitated and asked.Kikwang turned to the back and saw the bully nearing them

“We have no choice.” Kikwang said as he pulled her out of the school. They dashed across the roads and ran through the crowds while the bully was still hot on their heels. It was the first time Kikwang has ran so fast in his life. How he wished he could ride on a horse and galloped away like he usually did in the palace.

“Yah! You jerk! Where do you think you’re going?” The bully shouted as they turned into a dead end.

“Leave! Kikwang, leave!” Miyoung cried as she tried to push kikwang over the wall. Kikwang did not bulge. The bully panted heavily as he closed up the gap between Kikwang and him.

“Leave!” Kikwang signalled to Miyoung. But Miyoung did not listen , tears rolled down her cheeks the bully neared him. The bully was at least half a foot taller than kikwang, but kikwang did not cringe in fear. Kikwang glared at the bully instead.

“You think you’re so tall and mighty?” The bully laughed and shot him a death glare. Kikwang tried to throw a punch at the bully but his fist was stopped by the bull’s hand. The bully let out an evil laugh as he twisted kikwang’s arm.

“Ahh!! How could you do this to me? I’m the prince!” Kikwang shouted as the bully threw punches and kicks at him.

“Prince? Then I’m the president of Korea!”The bully laughed.

“NOO! Stop!” Miyoung cried as the assault continue. She could not do anything. She couldn’t fight.


Kikwang’s POV

The bully threw his first punch right on my face. I suddenly felt a stinging sensation on my right cheek. I felt the blood vessels broke and all the blood rushed out. Hell, this was the first time someone punch me so hard! Do I deserve to be treated like this? No, I’m the prince of  Korea for god’s sake!

“Stop! Do you know who you’re hitting!”I shouted.

“A useless piece of junk!” I heard him say as I felt an excruciating pain in my stomach. I was too weak to fight back. Every punch he gave me, my heart sank deeper. If I’m not a prince, will I just be treated like this? Am I someone so worthless and doesn’t deserve any respect? Even if I’m the prince, I didn’t get as much attention as my hyung. (Prince Nichkhun) I’m just an extra in the palace…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yo readers! I'm back , sorry if there's typos. im a bit rushed today ><.