PART IV

Hong Jisoo Versus Lee Seokmin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[PART IV]

In life, when we leave one phase of our lives behind and embark on a new journey as we age, our memories of those moments remain the same forever. We constantly assume that things we experienced in the previous phase would feel the same when we go through the same thing in our next phase. Constancy exists in our mind, but in reality, time affects the way the constancy is adjusted. That’s why people forget others over time, because we no longer remember how they look like.

 

I parted ways from Josh’s shoulder-breaking hug, still feeling lost as ever. I stole a sidelong glance at Seokmin beside me, and he looked very pissed, yet remained calm. Eunsol and Mingyu could literally spell confusion with their expressions. I was lost, eyes saucer-wide. Meanwhile, Josh Jeon, the idol he was, gave a relieved and comfortable smile.

 

“Oh, Seokmin, you’re here too! Nice to meet you again, huh?” Josh gave him a pat on his shoulder. I looked at Seokmin’s stoic face.

 

“Seokmin, you know Josh Jeon?” I asked. The taller of the two males remained silent. I was about to go all fangirl and ask Seokmin why didn't you tell me you were buds with my idol, but I kept the thought to myself.

 

“Yoogyung-ah, you mean you don’t remember me?”

 

Well if he weren’t an idol, I would smack him for his lack of common sense at this moment. Maybe I was being too elitist and assume that everyone saw things my way.

 

I shook my head, and continued to stare at Josh. Well, if I had known him from the past, I would have kept in touch or he would have personally gave me a ticket, right? Josh had really huge round eyes, emphasized by the thick eyeliner around his eyes. He had a very sharp nose, and a slim and sharp jawline. On top of that, his skin was fair and smooth-looking. He had a reddish-black shade of hair, which was nicely styled.

 

I mentally scrolled through the visuals of everyone I knew. Negative; I don’t remember anyone who looked like that. “I’m sorry,” I shook my head again, “I don’t… know you..?”

 

“I’m disappointed,” Josh pouted, “You don’t remember me? Jisoo, your childhood friend?”

 

I nearly fainted at the things I’m trying to absorb now. Hong Jisoo? The kid I once knew, who had dreams of being a musician? No way. I scanned Josh head to toe and up again, and he looked seriously nothing like Jisoo.

 

Jisoo’s typical look was of someone small, a little plump on the cheek and tummy, and he had a bird nest shaped hair. On a daily basis, his attire was a green coloured tee and a brown pair of shorts. And his black shoes, that was important.

 

“No way,” I said, incredulously. “You can’t be Jisoo. Jisoo’s surname is Hong. You’re not.”

 

“He is Hong Jisoo, Yoogyung,” Seokmin stoically commented.

 

“But Jisoo used to be…” I closed my mouth before I said it. I was certain Seokmin (and Josh) had the visual of how Jisoo used to be. Seokmin pressed his lips into a line to prevent himself from laughing.

 

“Yoogyung-ah. I’ve grown up from that phase,” Josh said embarrassedly, “After I went to the States, I didn’t just go and become a musician. I worked out so much to look decent. You wouldn’t want a talented musician to be a fat, round kid, right?”

 

I nodded in agreement, still trying to believe him. At this juncture, a staff came in and told Josh that it was time. Josh nodded to his staff and dismissed him. Then, he walked over to the mirror and put a necklace on himself, slipping it under his shirt.

 

I caught a glance of the necklace and confirmed he was Hong Jisoo. That maple leaf, my mind screamed at me, it was the maple leaf I gave J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter