PART III

Hong Jisoo Versus Lee Seokmin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I went home, mentally drained out from whatever that happened today. Without even removing my coat, I just lied on my bed, letting myself sink into the bed. I closed my eyes, letting my thoughts dissipate into the darkness.

 

“Concentrate on the darkness, focus on the emptiness that is in front of you… There is nothing in front, only darkness…” I repeated what Eunsol told me in the past. Because of stress, I fell into a small period of depression. Eunsol, being my friend, offered to help me relieve my stress and pulled me out of the depression. Through that period, she gave me encouraging words and came to my aid whenever my mental walls broke down. Now, I am able to calm myself down without her being beside me. There is a saying that goes, A long illness makes the patient the doctor.

 

“Focus on the darkness…” I murmured like a mantra. Suddenly, there was a voice coming from the back of my head, “he’s no longer around, so I would like a chance to go out with you.”

 

“Focus… Concentrate… Ignore the evil voice…” “I would like a chance to go out with you.”

 

“go out with you.”

 

That was my limit, before I sat up from my bed in frustration, “Oh my god,” I sighed. “Lee Seokmin must be… mad. How can he do that to me?” Just as if someone could read my mind, my phone rang, playing Josh Jeon’s ‘Rock’. I looked at my phone, hoping it wasn’t someone like Seungkwan, my useless partner, or Soonyoung my roommate, calling me at this hour. Thankfully, it was only Eunsol, my best friend.

 

“Oh, Eunsol-ah,” I muttered and sighed as I made my way to the washroom.

 

“Why, did Seokmin say something? You don’t sound good,” I heard her say over the phone. Although I couldn’t see her, I could imagine that she was frowning in worry right now.

 

“Eunsol, I didn’t even say anything yet, how did you even know," I muttered, now coming into the conclusion that Eunsol is psychic. "But yes, he did say something. We went out for dinner and caught up with each other.”

 

“Really? That doesn’t sound so bad for you to be sighing. It’s great to catch up with each other, no?”

 

I went and wash my toothbrush, preparing to brush my teeth. I put my phone between my shoulder and chin, “It’s not. I didn’t tell you this, but Seokmin used to like me. It was horribly awkward.”

 

“Ooooooh,” Eunsol sung over the phone. I could hear some children yelling around at the back. Although it was at night, but the children were wide awake. Meanwhile, I was dead tired.

 

“So? Did you guys go out?”

 

“No,” my voice was muffled by the foam forming in my mouth as I brushed my teeth, “He did ask, but I said no.”

 

“Ah… He must be sad, huh? Anyways, guess what. Mingyu’s classmate got us four tickets to Josh Jeon’s concert!”

 

I nearly dropped my toothbrush upon hearing that, “Are you serious?! Josh Jeon? He’s coming to Korea?” My eyes widened at the thought of Josh Jeon, the famous singer of the recent times.

 

“Exactly. And it’s not just tickets; they’re backstage! I freaking love Mingyu right now, you know?” Eunsol nearly screamed her proclamation of love out loud.

 

“Oh my god! I am so going for it! Give me just one ticket, please,” I emphasized the ‘please’ in a girly tone.

 

“Of course. Mingyu said there’s an extra ticket, so he’s bringing Seokmin along!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter