Getting Closer

The Two Opposites

       Jongkook packs his things as he get ready to go home. He has worked for 24 hours yesterday, thus it is his day off. Same for Kwangsoo, he packed his things and then waited for Jongkook to finish. Kwangsoo tapped his legs and whistled.

      "Can you ever shutup?" Jongkook sighed. Kwangsoo stopped whistling and turned to Jongkook.

      "Hyung! It is you who is slow. I'm very tired already," Kwangsoo complained and the both of them ended the conversation. As Jongkook was packing, Jihyo walked to their dorm with her bags.

       "Oh, it's Jihyo. Ah, i mean Jihyo noona. Are you going home?" Kwangsoo panicked at his mistake but quickly calmed himself.

       "Yeah of course. What are you doing? Waiting for this slowpoke?" Jihyo teased. She grinned at Jongkook when she called Jongkook that. Jongkook gave a face that shows he disapproves it.

       "Yah, who are you to call me a slowpoke?" Jongkook argued. Kwangsoo chuckled. Jongkook turned upon hearing that.

       "What are you laughing at?" Jongkook glared at Kwangsoo and Kwangsoo immediately cut it off.

      "Enough enough. Anyway, i'll be going now. There's someone waiting for me. See you in 2 days' time then!" Jihyo waved goodbye and smiled brightly at the two gentlemen. Kwangsoo and Jongkook looked at each other and then at Jihyo. Jongkook quickly packed his things and automatically, the both of them quietly followed Jihyo.

       "Who do you think is waiting for her?" Kwangsoo whispered while they stick together.

       "I don't know. Should we check it out?" Jongkook asked.

      "Isn't it why we are followed Jihyo noona? Hyung, you're so frustrating sometimes," Kwangsoo complained. Jongkook slapped his shoulders and put a finger on his lips, indicating that Kwangsoo was too loud. Kwangsoo covered his mouth and the both of them followed Jihyo. 

       As they followed Jihyo out, they see Jihyo greeting and hugging a gentleman. Both Kwangsoo and Jongkook's jaws dropped. They could not believe how Jihyo treated that man.

       "Yah, who is he? How can Jihyo hug him just like that?" Jongkook started asking question, feeling a sense of jealousy.

      "Hyung! He's probably her brother or something. Nothing else," Kwangsoo said, shutting Jongkook up. Jihyo then went inside the man's car. Jongkook and Kwangsoo then went back home together.


 

       "Oppa, how is life at the UK? You don't even feel korean to me," Jihyo asked her beloved cousin, DongJae.

       "What do you mean? I can still speak korean. Listen," Dongjae looked confused and then started talking in funny korean. Jihyo laughed and Dongjae looked even more confused. Noticing his puzzled look, Jihyo stopped laughing and changed the topic.

       Both of them went to Dongjae's hotel where his family is sleeping while in Korea. Dongjae works at the UK and his colleagues need him most of the time. Thus, he's staying in UK for a long time.

       As soon as Dongjae opened the door, two of his children, Daehyun and Daewoon, came running to him. Dongjae hugged the both of them tightly. When they let go of the hug, Daehyun and Daewoon turned to Jihyo.

      "Aunt Jihyo!!!" the both of them called excitedly. Jihyo responded excitedly and hugged the both of them. Daewoon pulled Jihyo in and started to play some toys with Jihyo.

       "Jihyo ah," Dongjae's wife, Hyunjung, called Jihyo, who was playing with the two children. Jihyo stood uo excitedly and hugged Hyunjung. The both of then squealed and continued hugging each other.

       "It's been a long time unnie!" Jihyo said.

      "I know right. I have missed you so much," Hyunjung said, and then hugging Jihyo again.

      "Me too. I miss cooking together and eating together," Jihyo said with a pout. Dongjae saw this and chuckled.

      "Anyway, Jihyo. How's the new job? I mean, the new station? Are the guys nice? Well, you know, if they aren't, you can always count on me and Hyunjung," Dongjae asked Jihyo while walking over to Hyunjung while hugging her.

     "It's great so far. They are all males but it's pretty good. They are really nice. Especially my paramedic team mates," Jihyo said.

     "All males?  It's time for you to think about a serioys relationship then. I bet one of them are your types. If not now, soon," Hyunjung encouragrd Jihyo as Dongjae hugs her closer.

     "Eyyyy, what are you talking about? I work there just for work. Nothing more," Jihyo said and sat down to play with Daehyun and Daewoon.

     "We'll wait and see," both Dongjae and Hyunjung laughed.


       Jongkook went to work normally. He greeted his colleagues like usual. But Jihyo arrived and Jongkook suddenly felt annoyed. It was because he was reminded of the incident that happened 2 days ago, where Jihyo hugged a man. 

       Jihyo entered the lounge and happily greeted the men. They were responding happily too, except for Jongkook. Hyungjin noticed this and decided to ask him.

      "Yah, Kim Jongkook. What's wrong with you? The first day she came in, you were all excited and everything. What's wrong with you today?" Hyungjin asked and Kwangsoo looked at Jongkook.

      "It's nothing. I'm just tired," Jongkook gave short, cold replies. Jihyo looked at him with a puzzled look.

     "He must be crazy," Kwangsoo joked but Jongkook did not glare at him or anything. Kwangsoo felt weird. 

     When the rest are gone, Kwangsoo stayed with Jongkook. 

     "Hyung, what happened?" Kwangsoo asked.

    "Nothing. I told you already," Jongkook explained, annoyed.

     "Hyung, if it's about the other day about Jihyo, you're being childish," Kwangsoo chuckled.

     "Yah! Who said i'm like this because of that? I'm just tired! She may be pretty but who allowed her to be like that?" Jongkook burst out and Kwangsoo was speechless.

      "So it is about that," Kwangsoo mumbled to himself and grinned. Jongkook then stuff a biscuit into his mouth. Then, a call came in. Jongkook and Kwangsoo immediately went out to get ready. Jihyo too, went to change in proper attire.

      "This is the rescue team. What has happened?" Jongkook asked.

      "My friend just broke his arm, i think. It looks scary. Ahjusshi! Please come faster!" a scared, worried voice explained to Jongkook.

     "Please calm down. We are on our way. Meanwhile, please stay on the line. First, calm down. Breathe in. How did your friend break his arm?" Jongkook calmly asked.

     "He fell down from the stairs. We were playing and he fell from the stairs. It's really high!" the boy on the line explained with fear in his voice.

     "Alright. We're coming. Please calm down and tell your friend to hang in there. We are coming," Jongkook said and hung up. Kwangsoo drove as quickly as he can.

     


 

      "Boy, stay calm. We're going to bring you to the hospital now. I know it's going to be painful but noona is here. Hang in there," Jihyo assured the boy with the broken arm. His friend joined Jihyo in assuring his friend that he'd be okay.

      When they arrive at the hospital, Jongkook rushed out and pulled the stretcher out. Jongkook and Jihyo together pushed it to the emergency. When the doctor took over, Jihyo turned to the friend.

      "He'll be alright now. Don't worry. Please inform his parents. You've been a great friend. I'm proud of you," Jihyo smiled at him and the boy felt more relaxed. Jongkook watched this and once again, liked her actions. The boy then went to the waiting room.

      "Good job assuring the boys back there," Jongkook praised Jihyo without looking at her.

     "Thanks," Jihyo replied. 

     "Sit with me at the back. I'm so lonely everytime," Jihyo asked Jongkook. He looked at her and he fell for her looks again.

     "Kwangsoo ah, Jongkook will be sitting with me at the back. I'm lonely," Jihyo told Kwangsoo and Kwangsoo nodded. Bith Jihyo and Jongkook then went inside the ambulance.

     For a few minutes, they were quiet but Jongkook started a conversation.

      "So who was the one you were hugging so tightly the other day?" Jongkook asked.

     "Were you stalking me? Anyway, when?" Jihyo got shocked at the question but decided to not kill the mood.

     "What? No! I just happen to see you. Your first day," Jongkook denied with  a red face.

     "First day? Oh! He's my cousin! My closest cousin. He has helped me alot," Jihyo explained and looked at Jongkook. Jongkook felt so much better upon hearing Jihyo's answer.

     "Ah... I see," Jongkook said, embarrassed that he thought Jihyo's cousin was her boyfriend. Jihyo examined Jongkook's face and finally caught onto something.

      "Ah.......So you were angry because of that? Oh? Why are you so childish? It's okay. He's my cousin," Jihyo laughed and Jongkook's face got redder.

      "Who said it was because of you? You're so shameless," Jongkook continued to deny and Jongkook faced away from Jihyo. Jihyo continued to giggle.


      At the station, Jongkook decided to work out in the gym. He trained his arms and while he was working out, he thought of what Jihyo said awhile ago.

      "It's lucky he's just Jihyo's cousin. But i shouldn't have done that. What would Jihyo think of me? Ugh, i'm so stupid. I can't even look at her without being embarrassed." 

      Jongkook continued to work out into the day until there was another call. He quickly reported to the ambulance.


      "Hey there," Jihyo sat beside Jongkook at the coffee table.

     "Hey," Jongkook replied and took a sip of coffee.

     "You know. It's been bothering me and i don't know what to call you," Jihyo said and Jongkook looked at her.

      "Do you want to be comfortable or uncomfortable with me?" Jongkook asked and Jihyo looked confused.

     "Comfortable of course," Jihyo answered.

     "Then you can call me oppa. Like a big brother. Well, since i'm still mentoring you in your new workplace here," Jongkook thought for awhile before saying oppa.

     "Jongkook oppa? That sounds cheesy but okay," Jihyo agreed.

    "Anyway, it's 9. If you're tired, you should go get some sleep before another call comes up in the middle of the night," Jongkook advised.

    "Nah, i'm not tired yet. Kwangsoo's sleeping and i was bored so i went to find you," Jihyo said. Then, she walked over to get a few snacks.

    "Here. Let's talk while munching on these snacks," Jihyo offered Jongkook the snacks and they started chatting into the night. They introduced themselves properly and shared what favourites do they like. The more they talked, the more interested Jongkook is into Jihyo. Jongkook realised that if this goes on, he might be falling for her.


P.S sorry for late update. But, this story will only be updated during the weekends. I'm sorry but i have school and i have to find time. I'm so sorry for the late update but i'll still try to finish a chapter and upload it earlier. But the latest, it'll take a week. Please bear with me. hehe anyway i hope you guys like this chapter and thank you for reading and subscribing!!