Mom, I Miss You

The Two Opposites

       Jihyo watched the tv when someone rang the doorbell. She stood up and went to the door. To her surprise, it was her ex-boyfriend. She was shocked and quickly tried to close the door but he stopped Jihyo with his foot.

       "Yah, Jihyo ah. Let's talk," Jihyo's ex-boyfriend said.

      "Dongmin ah, we're over. What's there to talk about?" Jihyo said, trying to close the door.

      "Jihyo, please. Give me a chance," Dongmin, her ex-boyfriend begged. Jihyo stopped pushing the door, indicating that she gave Dongmin a chance to speak.

      Dongmin gently grabbed Jihyo's hands and held it tightly.

     "Jihyo ah, let's start over again," Dongmin said and Jihyo immediately pulled her hand away.

     "What? Are you crazy?" Jihyo said, nearly shouting.

     "Hey, i know i've been a jerk. I've been drinking, abusive but i can't get you out of my head. I still love you, Jihyo. Please, don't do me like this," Dongmin pleaded.

     "Because of you, i lived a terrible life. I couldn't see my mom's face for the last time, because you would kill me if i did. It was my few moments to see my mom's face. You, threatened me. I had bruises all over me. I reported to the police and you were punished for it. Do you think getting back together with you would make anything better?" Jihyo said, crying. Dongmin only watched her.

     "I lived the darkest moments in my life with you. After doing all these and getting punished for, you come back to me like this. Have you reflected in any way? How are you still human to come back to me like this?" Jihyo cried, punching lifelessly on Dongmin's chest.

      Dongmin grabbed Jihyo's arms and pulled her to him. He hugged her and comforted her. Jihyo had no energy left to fight back. She just cried into Dongmin's chest.

     "Jihyo ah, i promise. I promise i won't do stupid things to you anymore. I'm sorry for what i've done to you all these while. I'm sorry," Dongmin said, tearing up. Jihyo could not say anything as she cries the whole time.

      Jihyo pulls away and pushes Dongmin away.

     "I never want to see your face again. Go away," Jihyo said, turning around to her front door. 

     "Jihyo ah, i-" Dongmin was cut off by Jihyo.

     "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" Jihyo screamed at him and slammed the door on him. Jihyo cried as she sat down on the floor after slamming the door on Dongmin. Dongmin looked at the door and started crying. 

      "It's okay Jihyo. I know i've done bad. I'll be waiting for you. I will," Dongmin said softly and reluctantly walked away.

      Jihyo continued to cried, remembering her mother. She cried uncontrollably that her eyes got so blurry at night. She even cried before she went to sleep.


      Jihyo woke up to the alarm ringing with puffy eyes. She went to the bathroom and shocked herself.

     "Aigo, what happened to my eyes? Ah.. Dongmin that stupid man," Jihyo cursed the first thing in the morning. She went to shower but her puffy eyes wont go away.

     "Ah, what do i do? Well, i'll just say i didn't have enough sleep," Jihyo told herself and went to work.


      Jihyo walked lifelessly to her dorm and threw her bag on the table. She had a headache and she could not get the event that happened yesterday. She unlocked her phone and stared at her mother's photo.

      "I miss you, mom," Jihyo said as tears rolled down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them off and came to her senses.

    "Let's survive today," Jihyo cheered herself up.


     Jihyo walked to the lounge where everyone had gathered. Jongkook and Kwangsoo were sitting together so Jihyo went towards them. 

     "Oh, Jihyo noona. Hello!" Kwangsoo greeted her enthusiastically. Jihyo only smiled and sat down on a sofa.

     "Oh, Jihyo ah," Jongkook said as he sees Jihyo. 

    Jihyo did not say anything and it raised suspicious among Jongkook and Kwangsoo. Jongkook looked at Jihyo and then at Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo gestured to Jongkook to ask what happened to Jihyo but none of them knew. Jihyo stared into space. 

      "Hyung, don't you think Jihyo noona is abit weird today?" Kwangsoo whispered to Jongkook. Jongkook tilted his head to the right and left.

      "You're right. She seems to be abit off today," Jongkook said, getting worried.

     "Hyung, how about you ask her if she's okay?" Kwangsoo said and Jongkook nodded. Jongkook took a deep breath and walked towards Jihyo to sit beside her.

      "Yah, Song Jihyo. Have this cup of coffee," Jongkook said while handing over a cup of coffee to Jihyo.

     "Oh, thanks," Jihyo thanked Jongkook as she took the coffee.

    Without thinking, Jihyo just took a sip of coffee without letting it cool awhile.

    "Yah, Jihyo, be careful! It's hot! Ah, are you okay?" Jongkook exclaimed and went to take tissues for Jihyo. Jihyo immediately realises what she is doing. 

     "Ah! Sorry! Ah, what is wrong with me today?" Jihyo smacked her head lightly.

     "Aigo, Jihyo ah. Get a hold of yourself. Are you okay? Is something bothering you?" Jongkook asked as he hand her the tissue.

     "Oppa, sorry. I'm fine. I'm just tired," Jihyo lied and hurried to the toilet.

     In the toilet, she looked at herself in the mirror. 

     "Dongmin, why did you show up? You always make my life so hard," Jihyo talk to herself again. 

    The longer she look at herself, the more she is tearing up. Finally, she started crying silently. She tried to stop crying but she could not. 

    Realising how much time has passed, Jongkook start to worry. Jongkook went outside the toilet to wait for Jihyo. After some time, Jihyo came out with red eyes. Jongkook was shocked and rushed over to Jihyo.

     "Jihyo ah! Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Jongkook asked Jihyo a million questiond and hugged her unknowingly. Jihyo was shocked at Jongkook's action. Jongkook just kept doing what he was doing.

     "Jihyo, did you cry? You should take a day off. I'll tell the team captain. You go pack your things. Do you need me to send you home? I came here by car," Jongkook talked at a speed of light and Jihyo only looked at him blankly. Jongkook saw his hands on Jihyo's shoulders and immediately came to his senses.

     "Ah, sorry.....I was...i was just worried," Jongkook stuttered and Jihyo gave him a faint smile.

    "I'm fine a little after you tried to comfort me. Thank you but i think i can continue working," Jihyo smiled at Jongkook and Jongkook became embarrassed.

     "No, but you look unfit to continue. You should take a day off. Go pack your things. Listen to your senior now," Jongkook advised Jihyo and Jihyo let out a chuckle.

    "You sound like a father. I'm really fine though," Jihyo said and Jongkook insisted that she take a day off. Jihyo had no choice but to follow his orders. She dragged herself to the dorm and packed her things. 

     


       "Hyung, I think Jihyo needs a day off. She's feeling sick and she looked really pale. I'm afraid she'd faint during duty," Jongkook informed Jiwoon, the team captain.

       "Ah, really? No wonder she seemed off today. I saw her thoughtlessly taking a sip of coffee just now. Alright then, i'll send one of my men to your team as of today. You drive her home and maybe bring her to the doctor. Who knows what will happen to her outside. I'll make sure to take care of the upcoming call," Jiwoon gave permission and Jongkook looked for Kwangsoo.

       "Oh hyung. So what happened?" Kwangsoo immediately asked Jongkook.

      "I'm not sure but her eyes were red after she came out of the toilet. She looked really pale too. I'm sending her home. Jiwoon hyung will send his men with you for the upcoming call. Thanks, Kwangsoo," Jongkook thanked Kwangsoo and Kwangsoo nodded.


      Jongkook went to find Jihyo. Jihyo felt weak but tried to look strong infront of her friends. Jongkook saw Jihyo walking lifelessly and rushed over to her.

      "Aigo, Jihyo. Let me carry your bag. I'm sending you home. And maybe go to the doctor. You look really pale," Jongkook said, with full of worry in his voice. Jongkook carried Jihyo's bag as he helped Jihyo walk steadily to the carpark. 

     As they stand outside Jongkook's car, Jongkook carefully helped Jihyo to sit in the car. 

      "We'll go to the hospital to check for your condition. I don't care what you say but your health condition comes first," Jongkook said. 

     "Whatever then. I'm too tired to say anything anyway," Jihyo said weakly. After a short while, Jihyo fell into a deep sleep.

     Jongkook quietly drove as Jihyo sleep.


     When they arrived at the hospital, Jongkook looked for a wheelchair for Jihyo. Jihyo sat on the wheelchair and Jongkook helped to push it.

     Jongkook took care of Jihyo throughout the check up. 

    After some time, the doctor declared that Jihyo probably did not have enough sleep.

     "Aigo, Jihyo ah. What did you do to be lacking of sleep?" Jongkook said while driving her back home.

     "Oppa, i met my ex-boyfriend yesterday. Well, he came to my house," Jihyo suddenly said and Jongkook looked at Jihyo.

     "I trust you so i'm telling you this. I didn't get to see my mother's face for the last time because this man threatened that he would kill me. I was so terrified. Oppa, i was so terrified that i couldn't get to be there with my family at my mother's last moments. That man is an animal. He came back to me pleading to me that he won't do it again," Jihyo told Jongkook as a tear roll down her cheeks. 

     "Jihyo ah, you know i'm always here and whatever happens, it's among us? Jihyo ah, i'm so sorry to hear about this. But from now on, if that man, no, that animal come and find you, you call me. He threatened to kill you. That means he's abusive. He would abuse you again anytime. It's not safe," Jongkook said and looked at her through the front mirror. Jihyo only kept quiet and cried to herself. 

     


      Jongkook parked the car and helped Jihyo out of the car. He held Jihyo's shoulders and looked deeply into her face. Jihyo looked back at him.

     "Jihyo ah, remember, if there's anything you need, i'm always here. I have big muscles that can be put to good use," Jongkook tried to joke abit.

     "Well, it's probably no good anyway. Haha, anyway, thanks for everything today oppa. Tell Kwangsoo i'm sorry i couldn't  do my duty today," Jihyo told Jongkook, finally smiling abit.

     The both of them had nothing else to say but Jongkook was still holding on to Jihyo and looking at her. Jihyo looked confused but kept quiet since she was too weak. 

      "What?" Jihyo finally asked. 

     Jongkook pulled her to him and hugged her tightly for a good 20 seconds. Jihyo opened her eyes big, feeling shocked. Jongkook continued to hug her without saying anything. Although she felt shocked at this sudden hug, she hugged back since she had a rough day yesterday and no one comforted her yet. Jihyo lay her head on Jongkook's chest and Jongkook flinched. 

      "Take care," Jongkook suddenly let go of the hug and went inside his car and drove away. 

      Jihyo looked shocked, but still felt good from Jongkook's hug. It's been so long since she felt like this. At that moment, she realised she was longing for this hug. She smiled and went up to her house. 

      At this moment, Dongmin was watching them from afar. Dongmin felt angry at Jongkook's act and wanted to fight Jongkook. He stopped when he saw Jihyo gladly accepting Jongkook's hug. He could not afford to dissapoint Jihyo anymore. He changed for Jihyo but another guy is making Jihyo happy. He watched Jihyo smiling to herself as she go home. He went back home thinking about Jihyo only.


 P.S I managed to find some time woooooo hehe. Anyway, i hope you like this chapter! Sorry if it's about of place but i hope it doesnt confuse you in any way? I wanted to put in some interesting aspects in but idk if it's working. please tell me if you think it's okay and tell me how i can improve :D Thank you and please continue to support my story!