The Fall

The Two Opposites

       It is once again a new day at work and Jongkook felt especially cautious.

       "Just act normal. Just act normal," Jongkook thought to himself. Jongkook felt that he could not face Jihyo the same again since Jihyo clearly said she wants to be friends only. He went to his dorm and unpacked his things neatly on the table. A few minutes later, Kwangsoo arrived.

      "Morning, hyung," Kwangsoo did his normal greeting and also started unpacking.

      "Morning," Jongkook replied and the both of them became quiet. After the both of them had unpacked their stuffs, they went to the lounge and relaxed. Kwangsoo went to take 2 cups of coffee, one for him and the other for Jongkook.

      "Where is Jihyo noona though?" Kwangsoo asked, realising the time. Jongkook took a deep breath before replying.

     "I'm not sure. She should be here soon," Jongkook replied and took a sip of coffee. Not long after, Jihyo walked past the lounge to her dorm.

     "There she is," Kwangsoo said and Jongkook nodded. Jihyo unpacked her things as well and joined her teammates in the lounge.

     "Morning, sunbaenim," Jihyo greeted everyone in the lounge. Instantly, the room became brighter with smiles swept on the men's faces. Of course, Jongkook as well.

     "As expected, the only girl of the team always makes the morning much better," Hyungjin said and laughed. Jihyo smiled at him.

      Jongkook decided to go to the gym since there were no calls in the morning. He trained his arms while Jihyo entered the gym as well. Jihyo went to the treadmill and trained her stamina. Jongkook put down the weight and looked up. He saw Jihyo and panicked. He continued to train his arms. He wanted to run on the treadmill not knowing that Jihyo would be there. He went to the treadmill anyway. To avoid any misunderstandings, he went to the treadmill beside her. Jihyo, who was running, turned and looked at Jongkook. 

      "Ah, Jongkook oppa. I didn't see you back there. Let's run together," Jihyo said pausing in between to catch her breath. Jongkook smiled at her and just ran without talking to her. Jihyo paused and took a break.

      She took her water bottle and went to Jongkook. She looked at the buttons on the treadmill. Jongkook looked at her while running. Jihyo gave a sly smile and placed her finger on the "speed up" button. Jongkook opened his eyes big, shocked. 

      "Yah yah! Jihyo ah! Don't!" Jongkook screamed while panting. Jihyo only continued to smile and started to push down her finger. The speed gradually increased and Jongkook started to run faster. Jihyo continued smiling and Jongkook looked tired. When he could not catch up with the speed, he fell of the treadmill and laid on the floor. Jihyo cupped in surprise, as if sorry but also wanting to laugh. Jongkook only groaned in pain.

      "Yah, Jihyo....You.....Argh," Jongkook groaned and Jihyo held in her laughter. She helped Jongkook up and put Jongkook down at a seat. Jongkook sat there holding his back and Jihyo started laughing. Jongkook glared at Jihyo.

      "Do you think this is funny?" Jongkook asked. Jihyo nodded and continued to laugh.

     "Yah, i'm going to make sure you'll fall off too," Jongkook threatened her and Jihyo laughed harder. He observed Jihyo laughing and unconciously felt better. He started to laugh along with Jihyo but groaning in pain everytime because of his back. After some time, they stopped laughing and Jihyo helped Jongkook.

      "What kind of medicine do you need? Muscle relief?" Jihyo asked while walking to the medicine cabinet. 

     "Yeah muscle relief should be fine," Jongkook said.

     "Yah, aren't you a man? The amount of groans i've heard is so much," Jihyo chuckled.

     "Do you want to try falling off a very fast treadmill?" Jongkook asked and Jihyo hold up her hand, saying she's good.

     "Pull up your shirt. I'm going to apply the cream, and massage abit," Jihyo said and Jongkook pulled up his shirt.

     "Don't do it too hard! I might punch you," Jongkook warned.

    "Okay," Jihyo rolled her eyes and started to put the cream onto his back. She started to massage gently and Jongkook jerked up.

    "Stay still,please," Jihyo said while holding Jongkook still.  Jongkooo tried very hard to stay still until Jihyo was done putting on the cream.

     "There, it's done. Get better soon so you can do your work with good quality," Jihyo said as she went to keep the cream and wash her hands.

     "Thanks," Jongkook thanked her. He waited until Jihyo was done washing her hands and went to the lounge together. Right at that moment, a call was made. Jongkook and Jihyo ran together to get ready. Kwangsoo was already in the ambulance waiting for Jongkook and Jihyo. The moment the both of them were in, Kwangsoo drove away. As usual, Jongkook picked up the call and talked with the person reporting.


 

      "This is the rescue team. Please calmly explain to me what has happened," Jongkook slowly explained the instructions clearly.

      "Someone fainted at the park while he was jogging! I think he's having a cardiac arrest! Please hurry up! There is someone doing cpr on him and he's medically certified," a voice explained.

     "Please stay on the line as i need to know what the person is doing to the casualty. Can you put the phone near the person? Tell him to count the compressions so i can hear it. We're on our way," Jongkook instructed.

     "One and two and three and four and five..." counting can be heard after Jongkook gave the instructions. 

    "Are you really a certified cpr giver?" Jongkook asked and the person said yes and immediately continued counting.

    "We're reaching soon. Please continue to do the cpr while we come," Jongkook said. When they arrived, Jongkook ran to the back of the ambulance and pulled out a stretcher quickly with Kwangsoo. Jihyo took a defibrillator and ran to the scene.

    "Hello, sir. Can you hear me? Sir?" Jihyo tapped the casualty's shoulders as another person continued to do cpr. 

    "Sir, we will take over from here. Please step back as i carry on with the defibrillator," Jihyo said as Jongkook kneeled down to continue doing Cpr. Jihyo switched the defibrillator on and followed the instructions. Fortunately, there is a faint heartbeat. Jongkook and Kwangsoo quickly put the casualty on the stretcher. Jongkook and Kwangsoo quickly walked to the ambulance.

    "Sir, i will need you to follow us to the hospital," Jihyo asked the man to follow and he followed.

    In the ambulance, Jihyo continued to check for the casualty's heartbeat.

    "Are you really a certified cpr giver?" Jihyo asked the man.

    "Yes. Do you need the card?" the man got ready to take out his wallet but Jihyo stopped him.

    "It's okay. We'll settle this when we safely send this casualty to the hospital," Jihyo said.


     When they reached the hospital, Jongkook and Kwangsoo brought the patient to the emergency room and passed the duty to the doctors. The both of them then explained what has happened to the doctors. While Jihyo, went to ask the man for his card.

     "Sir, you can show me your card that shows you're certified to do cpr on other people," Jihyo politely said and the man took out his card. Jihyo examined the card and took down notes onto a paper for the report that they have to do later on.

     "Thank you, sir. You've done a great job and helped save a person's life. There wouldn't be any heartbeat if no one did cpr on him. Thank you once again for being brave and saving this man's life," Jihyo thanked the man and shook hands with him. After that, she waited for Kwangsoo and Jongkook.

      "Oi, young lady," Jongkook called Jihyo while walking out of the hospital. Jihyo looked up and rolled her eyes.

     "Let's go, then," Jihyo said and Jongkook followed her to the back of the ambulance.

     "Good job, again," Jongkook said.

    "You really say that everytime we successfully finish a call," Jihyo sighed.

     "Of course. You've worked hard, of course i have to praise you and of course Kwangsoo," Jongkook explained.

    "Whatever. Anyway, is your back getting better? I doubt it is because we got a call right away after i applied cream onto your back," Jihyo said. Jongkook stretched.

    "Well it might be getting better. It should be," Jongkook smiled.

    "Well, you too. Good job back there. With your back being painful like this, you still did a decent job," Jihyo praised Jongkook. Jihyo raised her palm for a high-five and Jongkook high-fived her. They chuckled abit and sat back to rest.


      "Hyung, you and Jihyo seem close. Anything between the both of you?" Kwangsoo asked as soon as he sat beside Jongkook.

     "Huh? What do you mean? There's nothing," Jongkook said.

    "Hyung, you sure you don't like her?" Kwangsoo asked and Jongkook choked on his juice.

     "What? No. I don't like her. We're just like best friends. Okay, maybe not best friends but maybe we do what best friends do," Jongkook said, thinking to himself not to like Jihyo so that he does not destroy Jihyo's career here.

     "Okay then. I'm going to bed. Wake me up if there's anything," Kwangsoo said and went to his dorm to sleep. Jihyo has also fallen asleep. Jongkook has no choice but to stay up in case there are calls.

     "Do i really like her? Is this enough for me to like her? Sometimes i treat her like a bestfriend, sometimes i see her as a lady and want to protect her. What do i really feel about Jihyo? Argh, this is confusing. I don't know," Jongkook thought to himself and finished up his juice. He recalled what happened in the gym and smiled to himself. He kept feeling his back and he still remembered how soft Jihyo's fingers are. He liked the feeling of Jihyo's touch. 


P.S Thank you for reading and subscribing!!! :D