Mom's Invitation

The Two Opposites

      "Jongkook ah, come over to my house some day soon and have dinner. Bring your friends, Kwangsoo and Yunho over as well," Jongkook's mom said on the line with Jongkook.

      "Omma, Yunho left the station because of some personal issues. Thus, it's been difficult to keep in contact with him now. But Kwangsoo is still with me," Jongkook explained.

     "Ohmy, how come i didn't know? How are the both of you working then? Are they making you work twice as hard?" Jongkook's mom sounded worried.

     "Ah, no. They found a replacement. It's a girl," Jongkook said and blushed upon thinking about Jihyo.

     "Ah, bring her over as well then. She must've worked so hard since she's a girl," Jongkook's mom said.

     "Alright then. See you soon, mom. I miss you," Jongkook said before hanging up.

    "Ah, should i call Jihyo over to my mom's? Will i act normal?" Jongkook thought to himself.


     "Morning, oppa," Jihyo greeted Jongkook and went to her dorm. Jongkook looked up to see who was it and fixed his gaze at Jihyo as she walks past. He quickly went to follow Jihyo.

     "Jihyo ah, wait," Jongkook called out and Jihyo turned back.

    "Yeah?" Jihyo asked.

   "It's nothing important but i just wanted to ask when are you free so you can have dinner sometime at my mom's," Jongkook explained and Jihyo's face brightened up.

    "Free food!! Actually, i'm free anytime. Just confirm with me the exact time so i'll just make sure i have nothing on that day," Jihyo said excitedly.

    "Ah..Ok then. I'll ask Kwangsoo and then update you again," Jongkook smiled and went back to his dorm.


     "Kwangsoo ah," Jongkook called Kwangsoo over to the empty seat beside him.

    "Yes Hyung," Kwangsoo responded by going over to sit beside Jongkook.

    "You know, my mom wants you and Jihyo to come over to her house and have dinner," Jongkook explained.

    "As expected....Your mother is the best but she knows Jihyo?" Kwangsoo excitedly asked.

    "No, she asked for Yunho but i told her he's busy. So i ended up telling her about Jihyo and asked Jihyo to follow as well," Jongkook explained again while taking a sip of water.

     "Ah, alright then. When are we going? Your mom's cooking is the best i can even go tonight," Kwangsoo joked.

    "I'll update you again," Jongkook laughed.


 

     After many calls in a day, Jihyo, Jongkook and Kwangsoo went back to the station and immediately passed out on the bed.

    "Kwangsoo ah, how come i feel so tired today?" Jongkook asked while his face stuffed onto the mattress.

    "I don't know but me too," Kwangsoo says, almost dozing off.

    Jihyo, as well, went to her dorm and threw herself onto the bed.

   "Ah, i should give myself a break sometime soon," Jihyo said while rubbing her temples. Jihyo rested her head on the desk.

    Jongkook almost dozed off but thought of checking on Jihyo. He immediately got up and went to check on Jihyo. He knocked on the door before going in.

   "Jihyo ah," Jongkook called before going in.

   "Oh, oppa. Come in," Jihyo invited him in.

    "You look devastated. Are you okay?" Jongkook noticed Jihyo was especially tired today.

   "Well, we had quite a few calls today. It's tiring," Jihyo explained, keeping it short because she was too tired.

   "Well yeah, i hope you feel better. Rest awhile but don't fall asleep. I'm going to make you tea to make you feel better," Jongkook said and went to brew some tea for Jihyo.

    "How nice of him. He could've just leave me here," Jihyo muttered to herself and smiling to herself. Jihyo tried to keep herself awake but failed and immediately fell into deep sleep. Jongkook walked into the room carefully with the hot tea in his hands. As he entered, he saw Jihyo sleeping with her head on the desk.

    "Aigoo, why are you sleeping like that? You worked hard today," Jongkook said quietly to himself while helping Jihyo to lie down on the bed. 

    "Sleep well and remember to drink this tea. It's probably not going to be hot when you wake up but just drink this," Jongkook said to the sleeping Jihyo. He pulled the blanket over Jihyo and switched off the lights. He closed the door quietly and went back to his dorm. 

    In his dorm, Kwangsoo has also gotten into a deep sleep.

    "Aigo, the both of you. A few months in this industry and still can't cope with a few calls," Jongkook shook his head. He made himself coffee for him to stay awake since the rest are asleep.

    "I hope Jihyo rests well," Jongkook thought to himself and stayed awake throughout the night.


    The next morning, Jihyo woke up to the sun rays entering her room. Realising it's already morning, she quickly got up and see the time. 

    "Ah, i didn't wait for Jongkook oppa," Jihyo blamed herself and looked around the room for a cup of tea.

    "He must've put me in bed as well. Ah, Jihyo you pabo. How kind was he to do all these things for me," Jihyo talked to herself and quickly got out of bed. She drank the tea first before grooming herself.

    "Well, the tea could've taste better while hot if i stayed up last night," Jihyo talked to herself again. A few seconds later, someone knocked on the door.

    "Who is it?" Jihyo asked while walking to the door.

    "Jongkook," Jongkook said while waiting for Jihyo to open the door.

    "Ah, oppa. Sorry about yesterday. I couldn't stay up any longer," Jihyo explained, feeling sorry.

    "It's okay. I understand. But you should work on it though," Jongkook joked.

   "Anyway, have a safe journey home. I'm going to go home now with Kwangsoo," Jongkook said.

   "Ah, ok then," Jihyo said, feeling abit sad that she woke up late and thus she is the last one of the team to go home. Jongkook noticed this and grinned.

   "Do you want me to send you home?" Jongkook asked.

   "What?" Jihyo got shocked and Jongkook smiled even harder.

   "Well, you seemed sad that i told you i'm going to go home now with Kwangsoo. You're sad that you're going to be left alone here with all your teammates gone home right?" Jongkook asked while grinning.

    "Well, that...Erm...No..I just felt tired," Jihyo stuttered.

    "Whatever, you finish packing up, i'm sending you home. I'm going to tell Kwangsoo to go first," Jongkook said and went to find Kwangsoo.

 


    "Kwangsoo ah, you go on first. I'll wait for Jihyo," Jongkook said.

    "Oh? Suddenly?" Kwangsoo asked.

   "Yeah, she sounded dissapointed when i told her we were going to go back first," Jongkook explained and then chuckled abit. Kwangsoo as well giggled.

    "Well then, see you soon hyung. Don't forget about your mom's invitation!" Kwangsoo said and went back home.

    Jongkook went back to find Jihyo. 


    "Done yet?" Jongkook asked, scanning the room.

    "Well, yeah i guess," Jihyo said, scanning the room as well.

   "Let's go then," Jongkook said. 

    "You know, you don't really have to send me home," Jihyo said and Jongkook looked at her in her eyes. 

    "Are you sure?" Jongkook asked.

   "Well, yeah. It's not like it's at night," Jihyo explained.

   "We're halfway there. Let's just go," Jongkook said.

   "Oppa," Jihyo suddenly said.

   "Yeah?" Jongkook turned to Jihyo.

    "Thanks for yesterday. I'm sorry i didn't get to stay up to drink tea with you. And did you put me to bed? If you did, thank you so much. Because of you, i got to sleep soundly," Jihyo thanked Jongkook. Jongkook looked away, hiding his flushed face.

    "Nah, it's okay. It's nothing big. I'm used to staying up alone anyway. And yeah, sleep on a bed please. Not on a desk," Jongkook teased and Jihyo punched Jongkook's arm lightly.

    "Oh? What was that?" Jongkook continued to joke. They happily walked to Jihyo's house.


 

    "Oppa, i sincerely thank you. Thank you for everything. And, don't forget your mom's invitation!" Jihyo happily said.

   "You said the same thing as Kwangsoo. Aigo, what am i going to do with the both of you kids?" Jongkook shook his head and then laughed. He waved goodbye to Jihyo before going back to his house.


P.S sorry yall had to wait long :( anyway, i tried to slip in some spartace moments in  this chapter but in the next chapter definitely there will be. heheheheh anyway sorry again for the late update :( thank you for reading and subscribing!