second

It's a boy-boy thing

I was lying in Jimin-hyung’s bed on my back with my eyes open. I checked the time – it was 4 a.m. already. I groaned and changed the position to my side. I closed my eyes once again but thoughts kept spinning in my head, not wanting to stop even for a second.

What was really stupid, I didn’t think about our switched bodies almost at all. All I could think about was that kiss. I was analysing it over and over.

 

First, it didn’t work, so we have to find another solution, but nothing came into my head.

 

Second, did I just kiss freakin Jimin-hyung?! Wait, since we switched our bodies, did I just kiss myself?! How weird was that?!

 

And third, why did I deepen the kiss? A peck would be enough, right? And he didn't protest or anything, whatsmore, he answered. Did it mean something?

 

“It must’ve been the stress. Yes, that must be it.” I decided.

With that I finally felt myself falling asleep, but just as I was about to run happily into the land of dreams, I suddenly remembered the moment our lips touched and how they matched perfectly. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my throat went dry, my eyes snapped open for the hundreth time this night.

 

I sighed and decided to get up since it seemed like trying to sleep had no sense anyway. I was sick of thinking about the same thing over and over, I had to distract my stupid mind somehow. I gulped down a glass of water and I felt a little better.

 

I sat on the sofa and started to watch some horror that was playing on tv. But very quickly, my thoughts strayed away once again.

 

I looked at the door to my room. Just behind was Jimin-hyung, probably sleeping sweetly, his lips slightly parted in sleep, I could just go in there and… I felt the butterflies again and I shook my head.

“More importantly, Jimin-hyung is sleeping there in your own body and you have no freaking idea how to switch them back, so stop thinking about that stupid k-kiss already!!!” I thought to myself, annoyed.

 

I changed the canal to some dance show and tried to focus only on the way that the dancer moved. He was good, his style was quite similar to Hobi-hyung’s. Which reminds me, we have to do well tomorrow with our comeback stage. I didn’t know how I was going to do it if I can’t get even a second of sleep. I sighed and run my hand through my hair. I stopped halfway and my eyes widened in realization.

 

“Oh ” I thought.

I quickly turned off the tv and got up. I quietly opened the door to my room. Namjoon-hyung was snoring loudly, like always. I walked up to Jimin and shook him lightly.

 

 

"Mmmmmmmh… Just five more minutes." he groaned.

 

 

"Jimin-hyung, sorry, but you need to wake up." I whispered shaking him harder.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked straight at me. Then, suddenly, his expression became surprised and he jumped back, his eyes wide. I stared at him, startled by his weird actions.

 

 

"Oh, I forgot that you were me.. sorry. " he scratched his head in embarrassment "What’s up, Kookie? Did you figure something out? "

 How does he manage to stay so cute, even with my face??? Wait, focus Jungkook. You have something more important on your mind.

 

 

"No, but I just remembered that we have a comeback stage tomorrow." I said aloud.

 

 

"What about it? " he said with a frown.

He didn’t seem to understand what I was trying to say completely.

 

 

"SO, we have to dance and sing each other’s part because, if case you didn’t remember, we switched bodies!" I hissed.

His eyes widened.

 

 

"Oh." 

 His lips formed a perfect “O”. Cute.

"You’re right. So what are we going to do?"

 

 

"What do you mean? We have to learn each other’s parts quickly or it will be a disaster. So you have to get up now, hyung. " I said, pulling the blanket off him.

 

 

"Yeah, you're right. " he finally got up.

I watched him dress up.

"Don't look at me." he said, his cheeks flushing.

 

 

" It's my body anyway." I said.

 

 

"But still, don't." he said cutely in embarrassment. 

I really had no idea my face could be so cute.

 

 

"Okay, okay " I chuckled and turned away.

I heard him pull on some sweatpants and a hoodie.

 

 

"Ok, let's go, Kookie." he said.

I looked at him, he was wearing all black.

 

 

"Damn, I'm handsome. "I said, admiring the view.

He giggled quietly.

 

 

"Yeah, you sure are. " he said, still smiling

I felt my ears grow hot. What the hell, he told me I was handsome, like, at least one hundred times before! 

 

 

"Let's go. " I quickly stood up to cover the embarrassment.

We quietly walked out of the dorm, careful not to wake anyone up, and went to the practice room.

 

 

***

 

 

Finally, around 7 a.m. we managed to teach our own parts to one another somehow. First singing, then the dance. We were lying on the floor exhausted, both covered in sweat and panting. My eyelids felt heavy from the lack of sleep so I closed my eyes. I slowly felt my pulse slowing down. I felt so tired...

 

 

" Kookie? Are you sleeping? "I suddenly heard and I snapped my eyes open, realising that I've almost fallen asleep.

Jimin was sitting beside me, brushing my sweaty orange hair out of my face.

 

 

" No, I'm not. Sorry."

I pulled myself up, and was now sitting with my legs crossed. We both looked at the mirror.

 

 

" It still is weird. huh?" I heard him say.

Our eyes met in the mirror.

 

"What is?"

 

 

" Looking in the mirror and not seeing yourself. "

 I slowly nodded my head.

"Also, I don't really know how to think about you, because I feel like I'm talking to you, but then I look at you and see myself. You know what I mean? " he asked, turning his head to me.

I looked at him and nodded again.  I knew exactly what he meant. Suddenly, I remembered yesterday's kiss and my cheeks grew hot and I looked at the mirror again.

 

" But on the other hand, it's quite fascinating. I look at you and think: oh, so that's what I look like when I'm happy, or embarrassed or scared. And, whatsmore"

I watched him in the mirror while he put his arm around me.  I'm finally taller than you." he said with a sly smile.

 

 

"Enjoy yourself, hyung, you're going to regret it when we change back. " I smirked looking at him directly.

He chuckled. Suddenly I realised how little space was between our lips. Without thinking much, I closed my eyes and gently pushed my lips against his. He froze, I felt him tensing up. Then I realised what I was doing and I quickly jumped away. He was staring at me, question in his eyes.

 

 

" Jungkook... " he started.

Suddenly we heard some noise and the rest of the members entered the practice room loudly. I quickly got up, avoiding looking at Jimin.

 

 

"As I thought, they are here." V said, coming closer. He put an arm around me. - You look really tired, Jiminie.

 

 

" Yeah, well, I didn't really have a lot of sleep tonight..." my voice was still a little shaky but fortunately, he didn't seem to notice.

 

 

"Were you extra-practicing? " Yoongi-hyung asked.

 

 

" Yeah, we had to polish some movements. " I heard Jimin answer. " V, can you get me some water? I'm dying here."

How could he be so casual?!

 

 

" It's hyung for you, Jungkookie. - V scolded him. I couldn't help but smirk a little despite my currently rather not-so-happy state of mind.

 

 

" Yeah, whatever. I'll get it myself." I heard Jimin say grumpily and I watched his back as he went out.

 

 

"Well then, I'm going to shower." I said. I wanted to escape from there the fastest I could.

As I was about to leave the room, I heard Namjoon-hyungs voice.

 

 

" Jimin, we have to go out in 30 minutes, could you please tel that to Jungkook?"

I gulped. The last thing I wanted to do now was to face Jimin-hyung.

 

 

"Yeah, sure. No problem." I answered with a fake smile and left the room.

 

 

***

 

 

As I entered the dorm, I felt my pulse fastening. How was I going to face Jimin-hyung? What the hell did I do? Now everything will become weird, won't it? He will think I'm some kind of kissing psycho or something. What if...

 

 

" Kookie?"

Speaking of the devil. My thoughts were interrupted by Jimin-hyung, who just came out of my room, a towel in his hand, his surprised face slowly becoming slightly pink.

 

 

"Wh-why are you here?" he looked really awkward.

I knew it. He thinks I'm a weirdo and can't speak to me normally. He didn't even look at me.

 

 

" I just c-came here to take a shower. " I stuttered. "And also, Namjoon-hyung says that we have to go out in around 30 minutes." I cringed inside at how awkward that conversation was.

 

 

" Oh, okay. " he turned around and proceeded to the bathroom.

 

 

"Hyung, wait."

I was surprised to hear my own voice (or more like, Jimin's voice, but currently mine). But I couldn't just leave it like this, I didn't want to be awkward with hyung. He slowly turned around, still avoiding my gaze.

"Hyung, I'm sorry about... what happened. I guess, I was just really sleepy, that's all."

That was a lie. That wasn't all. But he didn't need to know, right?

 

 

" Oh, no, it's... ok. Don't worry. " he smiled a little.

The atmosphere relaxed a little and he looked at me. - You should quickly wash up or you won't be ready in time. - he said and went to the bathroom. I felt relief. It was starting to become normal again. We can just forget about it all, right? Not like it hurts or something...