One Way

PR-Love | yoongi

No. No no no no no NO!

I scroll down the preview pics of Yoongi. Some fansite master nims posted their shots which they took in the morning in front of the radio station building. It's definitely the same pendant. Nonetheless I keep squinting because I just don't want to believe it and I wish that my eyes are playing a prank on me. My throat is completely dry and I can literally hear my heartbeat in both of my ears. There's one question I keep asking myself: Did Yoongi notice that we wore the same choker today?

"Snickers, hey!", Chang-Soo interrupts my thoughts.
"Chang-Soo.", I say seriously while I turn around and show him the pictures on my phone screen, "The choker. What a nice charm."
"It is, right? It even matches your boyfriend's", he says shyly and cratches his head while looking on the floor.
"You're FULL of sneaky ideas, Jesus Christ", I hiss.
"I know it wasn't fair not to tell you but how else should I get people to spread rumours?"
"Well, they don't know yet... that I have the same choker...", I hesitate but already feel that I'm wrong about that. I open the Twitter app on my phone and yes, my suspicion was confirmed. I stare at my icon, a selca I took after getting ready for the dance practice. Wearing the choker and grinning at the camera.

"Nice. Now you even control my phone."
"Hey, that's my job, I'm your manager. I'm just doing everything to make YOU successful, OKAY?", he shouts but composes himself quickly. He explains, more calmly now: "That's how this twisted business works. I saw talented people fail because they weren't interesting enough for the media. I know, my methods aren't the most comfortable for you but if you were looking for convenience, you definitely chose the wrong industry."

His voice gives point to his last words. He knows exactly how to convince me, he knows me too well already. I even feel sorry that he has to struggle with my unwillingness.

"Chang-Soo, see, I appreciate your work, really. I would be nowhere without you. I just- I just want to know the things you planned for me. I think, I deserve to know.", I beg and grab his hand. "We're a team. Don't leave me clueless about your next steps."

Chang-Soo finally looks into my eyes and his facial expression finally brightens up so that he even smiles. He squeezes my hand and says in a determined way: "Grace, you're right. We're a team. No more secrets. I will be completely open from now on."

I smile happily and for the first time I feel like things could actually work out. The relationship-game with Yoongi, the debut, just everything. I look at Chang-Soo who opened his mouth as if he's ready to tell me something else.

"I- I have good news combined with circumstances you might not like too much. But listen first"
I nod to signalize him to continue.
"That one song you wrote, 'One Way', we weren't sure if we should put it on the debut album, you remember?"
"Yes, of course", I pout.
"Well, we decided to have it produced."
I literally scream out in joy: "But that's amazing. Now the circumstances."
"You'll be producing it with Yoongi."

I gulp and stay silent for half a minute. "Okay" is my response but I can't move. I feel numb.

---

While getting all the tasks of today done, I keep thinking of the upcoming hours. I will be working in a production room. With Yoongi. Just the two of us. Whenever this thought comes up, I try to push it away and concentrate on reading the comments I received from my Twitter followers. They tweeted me nice things such as "unnie I love your voice", "you're so pretty" and "can't wait for your debut". Huh as if they would still like me if they knew that I'm Yoongi's girlfriend.

---

I'm trying to stay calm, seriously. But I can't. I'm sitting in a black leather chair and stare at the clock. 8 pm and he's not here yet. I breathe in and out, wanting to keep a regular breath. All of a sudden the door opens and Yoongi steps into the room, the atmosphere changes immediately. Tension is in the air. He looks exhausted, his blond hair is tousled and his overall appearance is making me nervous, especially as I notice that he's wearing the choker. Just as me.

"Hello.", I greet him shyly, "Um... I- hmm, I wanted- I wanted to apologize. For my rude behavior yesterday", I stutter.
"It's okay. My attitude wasn't the best either. Let's forget about that and work on your song.", Yoongi says unemotional and sits  down next to me in the second chair, leaning over the desk to turn on the computers.

He's so close but it feels like there's a huge distance between us. We never really talked a lot before because he seemed so unapproachable and now we're sitting next to each other. I can even smell his scent, freshly showered paired with... I can't even describe it.

"Grace", he finally speaks up and looks at me, "tell me in your own words what your song is about."
"Um... okay. So, 'One Way' huh? Hmm. As you know, normally, when someone books a trip, you book a ticket to the destination and one to go back home. You enjoy your time at the place you travel to but you go back to your common habits as soon as you've returned. In most of the cases, nothing much has changed at home. Your family is still the same, your friends too. But in my case, I got a one way ticket to Korea.", I pause and glance at Yoongi's pale face. I see something like empathy in his eyes.

"And even if you returned home, nothing would be like before", he adds to my story.
I look up in awe. "Yes, exactly. One Way. No turning back to my old life. No one really believed in my dream anyway. I was always fighting alone for myself"
"That's interesting. There's a, uh, a short rap part in your song, it sounds kinda aggressive to me."
"Ah yes, it is meant to sound like that. But I don't know if I can rap aggressively", I admit and laugh out loud.
At first his expression doesn't change but then he smiles encouragingly. "You can. You just have to feel the song and be into it."
"I will try to"

Hour after hour passes. We arranged the melodies and beats, then we went to the recording room to record the temporary vocals. Temporary because we will have Pdogg edit the song and I might just record it some more times. While I stood in the chamber with the microphones, Yoongi observed me from the outside, looking through a big glass panel. He gave me a thumbs up, bit his lower lip and pushed the record button. A red lamp starts glowing in a corner and the melody we just composed plays. I close my eyes and think of Yoongi's advice. You just have to feel the song. Then I begin to sing.

---

"Good job". Yoongi grins his gummy smile. I never saw him smiling like that in real life. Only on pictures or in videos. But there he stands in front of me. I feel proud and finally more comfortable around him.
"Thank you. You did very well too, of course", I blush and look down to my feet.
"We were a good team. Pdogg will have a look over it tomorrow, I think", Yoongi replies more businesslike again.
"Alright then. Thanks again. I should go back to my building, it got late.", I say and look at the clock. Half past two in the morning. We spent 6,5 hours together now, longer than it felt to me.

"Grace."
"Hm, yes?", I answer, absorbed in thought.
"Come over for lunch tomorrow- uh, today, I mean. Seokjin will cook."

This brought my mind back to the here and now. Lunch with Yoongi and the rest of BTS. "Yeah, sure, I'll be there at noon.", I mutter.
"Good. Don't forget to wear your choker", he goes and points at the necklace, "we will have to tell the others of ... us."

 

---
Helloooo ~ if you made it to Chapter 4 and you're still excited for the next chapters, I can just say: THANK YOU! :) once again. I appreciate every single reader, really!
Back to the story, I bet you all felt that the chokers would match, why else would i include them. And as I mentioned in a chapter before, Grace and Yoongi are both idols (in Grace's case: soon-to-be-idol) and they have to find a way to work this relationship out. One Way or another hehe ;) So I thought, huh, what could bring strangers together? Music, of course. Producing music, Yoongi's passion. He would have to soften and there we go, he is a nice person and finally Grace got a chance to see that side of him too! I hope they'll get friends at least. Let's see haha :P what do you think of the meaning to the song "One Way"? I could try and write actual lyrics to it and include them in an upcoming chapter. Lemme know in a comment or on twitter (@bangtanbeach). Thanks so much for reading this story :) <3