VII

Neorago~

EUNHYUK's POV:

“Will you look at that, since when did my cute little sister arrive?” Ohno. Hope she wasn’t able to hear anything about her party!

“A unnie! Just a while ago! Where have you been anyway??” Nana answered with such enthusiasm, trying to hide the fact that we were talking about Gyuri’s supposedly surprise birthday party.

“Nowhere in particular. Just roamin’ around the streets.”

“With a guy??” Nana nudged her sister. She knew very well how her sister loves dating tons of guys. Gyuri shook her head as she headed for the couch, lazily slumping down, eyes closed.

 

--FLASHBACK—

Gyuri, being the 7-year old girl she is, sneaked out of their new home to have a proper glimpse of the new surrounding; a child’s usual curiosity building up upon living in a new neighborhood.  She was tip-toeing outside their house for some unknown reasons when a pretty huge rock tripped her. Clumsy little Gyuri had no time to balance herself out and wasn’t able to prepare herself to meet Mr. Ground up close yet. She closed her eyes, not wanting to have a clearer view of her mishap when time felt still. There wasn’t any loud thud. No pain either. What had happened?

Slowly, she opened her eyes realizing how a boy, maybe her age, caught her swiftly just in time. Cool dude, was what she thought.

“Thanks,” she mumbled, stealing a glance from her savior. And what left next was something really unnecessary. “Wow. Not so good looking, are we?”

He chuckled, which surprised her, and said, “Yea, tough luck.” And that’s not exactly the reaction she was expecting. It sort of pissed her. The way he smoothly counters her mean remark irks her.

“Psh. Bet he got zero talents too.” She whispered, walking away from the young boy.

 

A few weeks later and classes started. Just days ago, she got into a new neighborhood and now she also got a new school and new classmates to deal with. Gyuri stood in front of her apparently new classmates, introducing herself and stating something about herself briefly. After what seemed like hours of introduction to her, she was then told to sit on the back, right beside the boy who wore sapphire blue shirt. She was walking towards her seat when her seatmate smiled at her. Showing his cute gummy smile, her cheek’s color turned into a light shade of pink, only to realize that that same boy was the one who saved her from tripping just a week ago. Her face turned from giddy to pure terror-stricken. Not really sure why so.  She tried to keep a blank reaction, an uninterested facial expression.

“Alright! There we go. Please do be good friends with Gyuri, ara? Their homeroom teacher mentioned, breaking Gyuri’s mental cursing and all that. Why is she seated next to this guy, of all places?! Her pride can’t manage to sit beside him, much less, blush from his smile.

Gyuri insisted that this was all a bad, bad dream when the class all stood up and clapped their hands excitedly, as if there would be a performance happening any minute now. And actually, there is.

After seeing how puzzled she is by now, one of her seatmates explained everything. From the traditional way of opening their class with enthusiastic performances, courtesy of students born (or so they say) with star quality within them, to the games played during their first day of class, ect2. So basically, everyone was thrilled to attend their first day of classes. Great idea. Not too great for Gyuri though. She was bored to death and any performance wouldn’t really amuse her, unless they’d eat fire and breathe it out or something.

“So, uhh…who are the performers?” Gyuri hesitated a bit, seeing that this idea was quite silly after all.

“Good question Ms. Park Gyuri. Well then, let me present to you our most favorable artists of all time, talented Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae!” Their adviser called out upon hearing her confused question. Turning her head to look at the most favorable artists, she was again terror-stricken. Hyukjae, huh? Psh. 

 

GYURI’s POV (still part of the flashback):

Sure that guy in dark blue shirt and khaki pants, which she assumed is Lee Donghae cause the name's cuter, is really damn charming and adorable. Okay, adorable and charming is just the same, but who cares? Just the sight of him standing would probably make numerous girls’ heart melt in an instant! But the other one? Nah, I don’t think so. Was it Hyuklo? Hyuksae? Oh, whatever.  WHY ON EARTH IS HE PERFORMING TOO?! Yes, that guy in sapphire blue shirt, with an infamous gummy smile and an annoying face! WAE?!

 

“Hey. Is that Lee Donghae dude a nice guy?” I nudged my other seatmate. Her eyes lit up with burning enthusiasm. “YES! He’s adorable, and sweet and a perfect gent!” She enumerated, fangirling over the dude. Wow. Fans, are they? Well, I knew it. That Lee Donghae has it all! How can someone be that perfect? Aigoo…

“But Eunhyuk’s really cool himself too!” Okay, am not hearing things right. I shook the idea off. Still, I get to ask my classmate for proper confirmation.

“Bwoh? The other guy? The guy in sapphire blue shirt?” I managed to ask. Please tell me am hallucinating earlier!

“Ne~ He’s actually better than Donghae in dancing. And is really humble, and caring, and all that stuff. Those two would be the ideal boyfriends.” She exclaimed proudly. Ohgawd. What is happening to the world???

And then the performance started. My mind went literally blank. I mean, sure Donghae can dance well. Am assuming he’s pretty good at everything anyway. But the other one?? How come he’s so good in dancing??? 

 Nooooo!!! I. just. CAN’T.

I tried my best not to look ‘too’ amused but my actions won’t obey me!! My eyes are basically ignoring me; staring from Donghae to Hyukjae and vice versa, looking too engrossed at their performance. Oh man!

At the span of few minutes, the perf ended. Both sat down already and am sure Hyukjae was looking at me right now. My peripheral vision is saying so. Gawd. Ignore me, ignore me, ignore me!!! I am doing my best ignoring him but he won’t budge. He fixed his eyes on me. And bam, he went REALLY near me and whispered, “Being not so good looking is not really synonymous to having zero talents, arasso?” He smiled at me sweetly and I can see death glares from the other girls in class. I'm doomed. 

And am more doomed by the fact that right then and there, I fell for the guy with an infamous gummy smile and an annoying face. I must be effin' insane.

 

“Karaoke!!!” H-huh? Who said that? 

“YA! Park Gyuri!” Kyuhyun?? Cho Kyuhyun?

“Stop daydreaming, you pabo!” Okay. Enough, Kyu. I then snapped out of my past travelling. Lol. That’s what I usually call it when am too engrossed with some of the past happenings in my life.

I threw him a pillow. “YA! WAEYO?!” Aish. This noisy guy, really. 

“You look stupid earlier.” I raised an eyebrow. He disturbed my past travelling just to ridicule how stupid I look like? Damn this guy. 

“None of your business.”

“Stop, stop, stop! No arguing! Unnie look, we just want to invite you out!” Nana intervened, making sense to Kyu's sudden disturbance. She pullde me up and explained about their brilliant plan of hanging out and bonding with each other. That sounded sort of childish, but since my sister wanted it, I just couldn't say no. After all her effort to be here too. So uhh, why is she here again? Oh, nevermind. 

“Oohh…so you guys are gonna go singing??”
”Uh-huh.” Eunhyuk replied, fixing his jacket and motioning us to go now while stating his usual quotation, 'Time is Gold.' Haha. This guy is too hilarious I just can't disagree with him. 

We were walking along the streets, enjoying each others' presence (and yes, Kyu and Nana's having a proper communication now. Am smellin' somethin' here! Kekeke~) when a familiar voice called out.

"Hey Goddess!"  I turned around and saw my ex-date smiling at me. 

"Oh, hi." 

"Who is he unnie?" Nana asked, only to realize that all of them actually stopped walking and was now gathered around us. They all looked at him in curiosity, except for Hyuk since he met the guy before already.

So, what is this? Some sort of an investigation team?

"Your sister? Cool. Name's Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun." 

Nana was about to reply when Kyu made it first to talk. "Yea, yea. She's Jin-ah, am Kyu, Hyuk here, and we're currently having a little bonding time now so excuse us all." 

"Hey!" As usual, Nana was irritated by hearing her real name. And Kyu here enjoys doing so. But Jjong's presence wasn't really making Kyu happy at all. Dunno why though.

"I see. Sorry to have interrupted. I just wanted to talk to Gyuri." I was taken aback. Wanted to talk to me? What for?

I was thinking of a superb excuse when Eunhyuk patted my shoulder. "We'll go on first Gyu. Take your time." Take my time??? Where did his 'Time is Gold' principle went?? Aish...!!

"Hyuk.."

"No worries. Just don't be too late or we'll make you pay for everything." He smiled at me. His usual simple smile of niceness. Aigoo...

Kyuhyun's eyes lit up. "Be late then Gyuri! Bye, bye!" Now, that made Jonghyun chuckle. This evil little dude. Psh. 

"In your dreams gamer! Alright, go on, all of you." 

 

EUNHYUK's POV:

A few steps away and I can't help but glance back. Oh. So they seem to be enjoying each others' presence again now, huh. Alright, I get it. He wants Gyu back. Not as if he had her before, just that he seems to have liked her...again... They look good together, I guess.

I was lost on my own world when Nana clung on to me like what little girls use to do with their dads. "Oppa, let's go! Unnie's going to get back to us sooner or later anyway.." 

"A yea, yea. I know. Kaja.." 

We then continued walking when Kyuhyun leaned on to me and, "Stupid you." was what he whispered and walked right infront of me and Nana. 

I hate hearing that from him. Maybe because it sounds too real. Too real? Why? 

 

Finally, we arrived at our favorite hangout ever since middle school; the famous Japanese Karaoke bar, Kara-OKAY! I know, I know, lame name. 

Anyway, Nana got the mic first and started singing like there's no tomorow. Seeing her this happy made me smile. I simply miss the old days.  The hangout with the gang times. Those times when the only things that I have to worry is what shirt I should wear and stuff. *sighs* There's just no going back. Why am I behaving like this, really? 

 

GYURI's POV:

Aigoo. Jjong haven't changed at all. He's as funny as before. Just not better than Hyuk. :P 

I had a good laugh with him. Honestly, when he called me, I was afraid. Not the "He's effin scary-looking" afraid, just the "Not sure what to tell him" kind of thing. I thought things would feel too awkward and all that. Good thing, it didn't. Instead, I found a new good friend. And the reason why he called me was because he said that he'd appreciate it if I were to attend his engagement party with...Okay, forgot the girl's name. I agreed to be there. So yea, we're all good. 

Back to my current state, I was about to enter the room where those three are said to be staying when I heard Eunhyuk singing a familiar Japanese song. What was the title again? Where have I heard it again?? Aigoo..I hate this feeling, especially when am currently learning the language. I stood in front of the door for a while, thinking. 

I quit. I sighed in defeat. Can't really remember the damn title. So I basically swung the door open and instantly met eyes with Eunhyuk. He was singing beautifully like he always did. He's strongest point is his rapping but listening to his usual voice sends shiver down my spine. Just explicitly awesome. This talented young man has surely caught my heart effortlessly. Oh gawd. Am turning into the hopeless romantic that I secretly am. 

His gaze was fixed on mine that I felt my cheeks burning. Stop it now Hyukjae! Imma die in no time, 'ya know! 

 

~~ Hora anata ni totte daiji na hito hodo 

Sugu soba ni iru no

Tada anata ni dake todoite hoshii 

Hibike koi no uta

Hora hora hora hibike koi no uta ~~

 

*TRANS: Look, the person who is important to you

Is right beside you

I just want to reach only you

This echoing love song

Listen, Listen, Listen to this echoing love song*

 

*Imagine Hyuk staring like this. /melts/*

W-what...is wrong with him? Stop staring, you idiot...spare my weak heart Hyukjae!!! Damn it! Look somewhere else!!! 

 

-- END of CHAPTER SEVEN --

 

a/n: TADA! HAHA. After weeks (has it been weekS already???) of not updating, I've finally finished chappie 7!! *throws confetti* 

lol. so yea, I made it pretty long as you can see...to you know, make up for my long absence.. XD Hyuk's such a sweetie, isn't he? Am loving him more and more now. And Kyu's evilness again! XD plus, Jjongie's short appearance! :))) 

Just to let you know, I am awfully busy last week and last last week with a lot of projects, assignments, and all that. We finished shooting for our very own TV show just yesterday for our College Algebra midterms project! Damn, that was tiring. (but enjoying, mind you! :D) but can you believe it? TV show for a MATH project?! good gracious. Oh well, that's a hundred times better than complicated equations bla bla bla so I can handle it. ^^V 

ANYWAY, HOPE that you guys enjoyed chapter 7! So sorry if it has been boring.. *bows down and then dances to sorry sorry*

Still, I'd be looking forward for your comments and or negative reactions. xD Oh, and SUPAH THANK YOU to my currently 15 subscribers out there!!  To cyiane, ABCDE97, FishyMyeolchi, 2OneDay, BlackRoseMafia, superkara, angangfareen, honeykeyla, SweetOrais, dilotcute, sskahino, Ghea88, LeeSoEun_92, orellinagayling, mrsleejinki14!!! 

HUGS & KISSES~~

GODspeed to EVERYONE!!!! c",)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

minhae_014/mrsleejinki14, lol. not telling yet! XD

SweetOrais, Gyu and Kyu act together, eh? We'll see. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!! Been thinkin' bout it for a while now. :D

BlackRoseMafia, Oyea! 11th subscriber you are!! Woot! HAHA. Ignore me and my simple-minded brain. Anyway, THANKS for the compliment! Am glad you love my story and the fact that you're a HyukRian too!! *claps happily* and ohh...you like KyuNa?? Kekeke..those two are having a good time pissing each other off which is why they'd look good together...agree?? ^^V

Ghea88, Yes! I updated. HAHAHA! It's been quite a long time! Hope that you're still interested in my fic. XD and yet another yes, she's Nana. The very Nana of After School. So all of the characters so far are your biases??? Wow. Cool. And I just made your life complete? Hurray for that!! :))) I LOVE YOU TOO!!! *hugs tight*

sskahino, Yup, yup, yup! Nana it is. Glad that you don't hate her. She's actually adorable, you know? :))) So you feel like shipping them?? Great! I feel the same way!! HAHA! We'll just have to ask Kyu if he feels the same way too. XD sorry for my late update too by the way!

 

--> CHIISANA KOI NO UTA (title of the song)  I'd suggest you listen to it! Cool song! ^^v

Here's the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu-MG0rOHJ4&feature=related

This song was actually from a JDorama entitled, PROPOSAL DAISAKUSEN. It's an awesome series! Go check it ou too! I swear, it's all worth it!!!!! (Yamapi should be happy cause am actually promoting his Jdorama! XD)

Lyrics and Eng translation: http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858500766/

ENJOY!!!!!!! :D